News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Freedom Force Skins

Started by SzakulFirsty, September 25, 2017, 02:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SzakulFirsty

:ffvstr: Sorry but im new, i dont know very good english so i dont know where i can write this post.
Hi, so for a few months I have been struggling with the problem. I have a premiere version of Freedom Force vs 3 rd reich. Not for steamy or other yeast. FFVTTR \ Custom \ Art \ library \ characters is the path where I put my skins. They are mostly packed in winrar so I extract them and get the folder I just put to the above path. The problem is that a huge amount of skins do not work. Some appear in the game as a large crossed-out square, some are in the list, but when clicked they crash the game, and 80% of others are not in the list of available skins at all. An example may be Galactus, I overlook the fact that after extracting the winrar jumped a few files instead of a folder so I dropped them loose where ever. Galactus, however, did not appear in the game. So I packed the files together into a new folder called "galactus" and put it into the "characters" folder, but still does not show up.

detourne_me

Hi, there are a few things that each mesh must have for it to work in the game.
Your file path is correct, and each character should have their own folder in the characters folder.
For each character, they need:
Character.nif
Keyframes.kf (or character.kf)
And a folder called Skins
In the Skins folder, you need another folder called Standard, or other names for other Skins.

Usually the Standard folder will include a number of texture files. For example:
male_basic.tga (or .dds) - this is the main texture file
male_basic_refl.tga - this shows which parts are reflective, like shiny metal
male_basic_glow.tga - this shows the glowing parts, like neon lights or glowing eyes
male_basic_lightmap.tga - this shows the pattern of reflections
portrait.tga - this is the little picture of the character in the bottom left corner of the game

If you have problems with the character not working in the game, that usually means one of these main files is missing (the .nif, .kf, .tga files) or they are in the wrong folders ( characters\Galactus\skins\standard)
Also, because you are using FFVTTR, many characters were made for the first game, and need to be converted for FFVTTR, so you should use the small program EZNifConvert from www.alexff.com

Cyber Burn

Welcome to Freedom Reborn. A couple of quick questions for you:

Are you using Windows? And if so, which version?

And are you putting a space between the "/" and the words?

SzakulFirsty

I'm using windows 10. From http://www.alexff.com/skinmesh_search.php?name=galactus&Button1=Go%21 I downloaded Galactus. When I extract the winrar file I get the files
- Galactus_Extras.tga
- Galactus_Extras_refl.tga
- male_heavy.tga
- male_heavy_lightmap.tga
- male_heavy_Refl.tga
- Portrait.tga
I do not know how to properly create a working folder, usually after extracting the winrar file, I already have a ready folder that I could put into the folder "characters". In the case of Galactus, the heap of the listed files was unpacked. I have tried to create a folder named Galactus by itself and put the files in it anyway, but in spite of this, the game does not even display in the user's tab. I tried to use EZconventer but the program does not read any of these files.

Cyber Burn

You downloaded a "Skin" File. Now you need to download the "Mesh" File. You could find one here: http://forceofparadox.byethost31.com/grenadier_two.html

daglob

This is what the layout of the character should look like. This version of Galactus is by Grenadier, but all should be similar. The minimum files you need in the Galactus character folder is a character .nif, a set of keyframes, and a skin folder. There are often more (like the head and note file), but the character.nif is the Galactus mesh and keyframes.kf make him move. The skin folder holds the folders with the skin textures.

The above picture illustrates the layout of the skin folder. As you can see, I have several, including a couple I made myself. The Standard folder is the minimum necessary to use the character. The .tga files are the textures that wrap around the mesh and make it look like (in this case) Galactus. I highlighted the standard folder to show what is in it.

Cyber Burn

I just want to add, depending where your game is installed, the Folder Paths may be a little different.

daglob

Yeah, I meant to cut off the address bar; I have the original disks versions with a non-standard installation (on the D drive). What CB says is right.

SzakulFirsty

Yes, very thank everyone for help. Galactus is already in my game. :)
I cant still find few characters, Sandman, Venom but one problem is done. Whose know sites with meshes? Maybe with working beutifull Venom? I search sites with skins and meshes but it all is very little.

daglob

Check this:

http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=58687.0

There is a link in the first post to a similar, very good, thread by Spyderman.

I just updated mine in the past few days. Any specific characters though, just ask in the Requests Forum. If a specific version of a character is desired, pictures would be helpful.

SzakulFirsty

http://www.theworkofevil.com/marvel.html
from this site i already download few skins m.in. Sandman, Carnage, but i cant find meshes for them. I understand i must have and skin and mesh for character?

daglob

They go on a couple of meshes by Texas Jack, located in one of his Yahoo Groups: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TexasJackMeshes/info, but, as I said, it would be better if you made request like this in the requests folder.

Cyber Burn

Definitely put your Requests here: http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?board=5.0

You'll get more responses there.

SzakulFirsty

Okay, thank you so much for helping out with the basics of these skins and meshes. I find it hard to find the forum in all categories and folders, but I know at least where to put up a topic about searching for meshes and skins. Thanks again and great greetings.