News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Database

Started by daglob, October 01, 2017, 03:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Is anyone else having database problems when accessing the site?

Cyber Burn

Been having trouble accessing the forum on and off for a few months now. I just figured i was my laptop giving me more grief.

Deaths Jester

It's something with the forum...not sure what though.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

spydermann93

daglob

How do we notify the Mods?

BentonGrey

Ditto, I'll put a note in the Titans section.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Deaths Jester

If I get a chance, I'll drop GG a line. Not promising it though because things have been a bit hectic lately but will try.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Sometimes it turns to molasses and sometimes it fails to work at all.  Only for the last week or so.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

daglob

It may be a "mechanical" problem, like it needs a new server, or more magic smoke in the case, but it would be nice to know and have some kind of timeline to a solution.

Cyber Burn

I just want to make sure we're not getting hacked.

Silver Shocker

On a related note, I've had an odd problem on the forum for a few months. I PM'd Stumpy about it and wasn't able to get a concrete answer, but for some bizarre reason, nobody's signatures (including my own) appear on my end when I'm logged in, but they will if I'm not logged in. Anyone else had this problem?
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Cyber Burn

No issues with Signatures, but lots with my Avatar Pic/Portrait.

daglob

My signature isn't there either.

Silver Shocker

It's nice to know it isn't just me.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

spydermann93

That's all very odd. I can see sigs and avatars just fine, except in two cases:

1) I can't see Cyber's avatar and he says that he's having avatar problems

2) I can see everybody's signatures except Glob's, so it's not a general issue, I don't think.

Perhaps it's a browser issue? I'm using Chrome and everything seems to be fine on my end, save for the two issues above.

You guys could also try clearing your caches. Maybe something got fudged?

daglob

Well, my signature is back for me.

It's gremlins.

MikeB7

I had a few dB issues when lurking the past couple months.   :mikenstein