News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

XStream

Started by XStream, October 25, 2014, 03:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XStream

So, I've toyed with this story in my mind for a very long time. XStream's origin story has changed very little over the years. The tale is very reflective of my early days with Freedom Force and Freedom Reborn. Much of the story is based on "real" events from my first few days on the forum and my own creation of what would become my avatar. Originally the story included characters from the forum board, but since most of those people are not hanging around to give me permission I have re-created their avatars. Keeping the characteristics that are important for the story, but changing the characters to be someone new and different.

This first entry is the beginning of the story. I am really excited to share this with you and can't wait to finish the second part. This first entry introduces the main character but we only learn a little about him at this point. We also meet one supporting character and someone who may play a bigger role later in the story. I haven't written a story like this in a long time, and due to work, school, and family life it will probably come in short segments like this one. I would love your feedback.

XStream: Prelude to New Beginnings Part: I

The line at the bank was extremely long. Michael Newman had already been waiting for eight minutes. Michael looks at his watch, again... it is official he is going to be late for class. He knows he should have stopped by the bank yesterday evening to deposit his check, but he wanted to get home as quickly as possible to download the newest Freedom Reborn video game. After a few more minutes Michael is near the end of the teller line and extremely anxious to be on his way.

Suddenly, someone behind Michael yells, "Everyone on the floor! Nobody makes any sudden moves and nobody gets hurt!"

Michael turns around to see five masked men holding up firearms and working their way through the front of the bank. One of the men lowers his gun so that he is pointing at the line of people and directs everyone to lay down on the floor with their hands on their heads. The guy behind him hustles to the bank tellers and hands them a bag demanding the tellers empty all the cash into the bag.
     Michael doesn't have time for this; he is already late for class and needs to get going. In the blink of an eye, Michael is off the floor, changed into his uniform and taking out the armed robbers. Michael ties up the crooks with a convenient rope that was lying in the bank's lobby and rushes out the door to the applause of all the people. As Michael exits the bank he hears an alarm! He turns to see what is happening when he realizes...

It is morning. Michael Newman is lying in his bed, and his alarm is going off for him to get ready for class. Michael smiles for a moment at the thought of being one of Patriot City's heroes. He had moved to Patriot City to attend Liberty University a couple of years ago. He enjoyed living in the large city and was glad he chose Liberty over the schools in his home state. Michael may not be living the life of a superhero, but his life was pretty exciting. He moved to Patriot City from a small town. He is studying architecture and design at one of the countries best universities, he has an amazing job working for Patriot City's largest newspaper the Liberty Herald's website, and he enjoys being first to read the headlines about the vigilantes' exploits.
     Exciting life aside, Michael's mornings are pretty routine. After getting dressed he rushes out of his apartment trying to get by the little coffee shop on his street. As he hurries out the side door of his building he realizes that he has forgotten to grab his paycheck. Michael knows that he really needs to deposit the check at his bank before class. As he turns to the building he looks up to his eighth floor balcony... if only he could reach it in a single bound. Michael rushes back to his apartment, but finds himself waiting at the elevator. He considers the stairs, when someone speaks.

"Sometimes I think this thing is designed to stop on every floor even when no one is in it."

Michael turns to see the voice belongs to his upstairs neighbor, Jessica Cunningham. Jessica is one of the most beautiful women Michael has ever met. When he first noticed her in the building he imagined she was a model or aspiring actress. He was very surprised to learn her husband and she owned an online marketing company. Jessica's husband, Christopher, is a pretty awesome guy who appears to be awesome at everything he does. Christopher is a real pretty boy that reminds Michael more of a west coast surfer than an east coast businessman. Chris and Jessica are both tall and very fit. They are the couple you know spend all of their quality time together in a gym somewhere.

Michael answers, "Yeah, takes a while sometimes."

"Christopher and I wanted to invite you up tomorrow night, for a small get together we are having on the roof. It's just friends and some of our long-time customers. Be there at 8?

Michael had planned on playing the newly released FR game... But he finds it very difficult to say no to Jessica Cunningham. Finally, the elevator arrived and the two get on.

Michael realized he wasn't sure what to wear. So he asked, "Friends and customers... should I dress up?"

"Just business casual. Nothing fancy. I can't wait to introduce you to my friend Moira. She just moved to Patriot City a few weeks ago, and I think the two of you will hit it off."

The elevator stopped on the fourth floor, and when the doors opened a very disheveled man with a hoodie over his head looked at the two, looked at the arrow indicating which direction the elevator was going and looked back at them. "Why does this elevator always stop on my floor when it's going up instead of down?" What floor are you going to?

Jessica quickly answered, "Eight and Nine."

"Well, I guess I'll just join you for your ride up." Replied the hooded man.

The elevator finally reached Michael's floor, he hurriedly grabbed his check and raced back to the elevator. Where he waited for it to return. When he reached the ground floor he hurried into the alley and headed for the street, but he was too late to stop for coffee. He had to get the check in the bank before class. Hopefully Mr. Whitten would be on his "A" game and present a stimulating lecture on 19th Century architecture.

I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

spydermann93

Oooh, this is exciting!

I can't wait to hear more, and I'm loving the easter eggs :P

Spoiler
The collector in me has to ask: do you happen to have an avatar available for download?

XStream

Spydermann93, thanks!

There is a pretty awesome skin from FF for XStream that was designed by GlitchGirl. But I am not sure where you might find it. It's pretty rad and might be on her site. I don't have a machine that will play FF anymore, and I don't have the hero file on my mac. I have it somewhere on a disk. It used to be listed on a database of forum heroes... but I honestly don't know if that still exists.

XStream

Warning! : More to come

I knew this would happen as soon as I posted the first part of Prelude. Life got very busy (I didn't get caught up on TWD until last night!), but I have been working on this story. I am very excited to get this out of my head. LoL. Today I have a lot of family Christmas activities, but I promise there is more XStream coming!

Kit

I can't wait for more freaking of it let me know if there is some thing new,