Crisis on Earth X--CW's 6(!) series superhero crossover

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, October 14, 2017, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm not sure at what point they crossover too many things at once, but this year Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl are joined by CW Seed series The Ray and Vixen.  Not only will they appear, but it looks like the main villains will be Ray's main villains, evil counterparts of many of the familiar heroes.

It has potential.  Last year's crossover was actually pretty good, for the most part.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/22/arrow-the-flash-supergirl-legends-unite-for-crisis-on-earth-x-crossover/
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

HarryTrotter

Wow,this is actually harder to follow then comics at this point.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Shogunn2517

This is a different Vixen than LoT's Vixen?

Quote from: HarryTrotter on October 14, 2017, 05:56:47 AM
Wow,this is actually harder to follow then comics at this point.

Lol

crimsonquill

Quote from: Shogunn2517 on October 15, 2017, 06:28:08 PM

CWSeed's Vixen is the modern version which had appearances on The Flash if I remember, LoT's Vixen is her ancestor (grandmother, I believe) who passed her necklace down within the family.

LoT used the grandmother version of Vixen because the other actress became unavailable but for a time traveling show it was just a matter of planning to add her to the Justice Society during World War 2 so she could join the LoT team briefly and expand on her family legacy (modern Vixen said her grandmother died during the invasion of her land and apparently her time with LoT changed her mind on letting that history play out.)

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: crimsonquill on October 15, 2017, 06:52:15 PM
Quote from: Shogunn2517 on October 15, 2017, 06:28:08 PM
CWSeed's Vixen is the modern version which had appearances on The Flash if I remember, LoT's Vixen is her ancestor (grandmother, I believe) who passed her necklace down within the family.

Arrow, actually.  Green Arrow calls her in to help deal with Dahrk as she is also a magic based character.  She was played by the actress who voiced her in the cartoon and they reference their meeting in that cartoon.  LoT also mentions that they've met her before.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Watching it now.  The first 45 minutes were a drag.  We didn't need to spend THAT long getting read for the wedding.  Now Nazis have invaded, though, so it's looking up.

Deaths Jester

Invading Nazis, the answer to every boring tele show....
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Shogunn2517

It's actually kinda why many of us are here... technically.

:ffvstr:

Deaths Jester

Umm...I was here before that particular invasion...js...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

GhostMachine

Watched parts 1 and 2 earlier. Did I miss something? Because I never heard an explanation for where Atom, Vixen and Isis are. Still on the ship, holding down the fort?

And I really wish they'd do a crossover that takes place on Kara's Earth. J'onn and Guardian being left out just feels wrong. (Then again, James hasn't been Guardian at all this season, and I don't have a problem with that.)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: GhostMachine on November 29, 2017, 01:16:14 AM
Watched parts 1 and 2 earlier. Did I miss something? Because I never heard an explanation for where Atom, Vixen and Isis are. Still on the ship, holding down the fort?

They show up in Part 4, apparently still doing time travel adventures.

Silver Shocker

I enjoyed the crossover. I feel sorry to anyone who didn't watch all 4 shows and wasn't aware of the crossover before tuning in, because boy oh boy will you be lost.

Highlights for me:

-Pretty much everything Mick said.

-Pretty much everything involving Jax and Stein

-The Ray was surprisingly bland. I'm hoping he gets a much needed fleshing out in his animated web series.

Onto more spoilery stuff:

Spoiler

-Supergirl's "General, would you care to step outside?" Was a pretty sweet homage.
-Barry's actions near the end with Thawn had me scratching my head. Ok, Barry, you won't kill him, fair enough, but would it kill you to knock him out or something?  I think that could have been handled better by the writers. Maybe have Thawne endanger some nearby civilians or something then escape while Barry's distracted? I dunno. While Tom Cavanagh's still great in the role, his presence in this storyline is really confusing. So he's supposed to be the same guy from the previous seasons, but in league with the Earth X forces? How is he still alive? The time travel in Flash and Legends just gets more and more confusing and nonsensical.
-I'm not even gonna front, I was tearing up when Stein died. He was one of my two favorite leads on Legends, the other being Mick. And while it wasn't that surprising (it was announced in advance that Victor Garber was leaving the show as a regular) It was still sad to see how it played out.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

GhostMachine

My thoughts:

Spoiler
Why bring an alternate Snart who is sensitive to the point of being a royal pain, when last time I checked, Earth 1 Snart was alive again due to the Legends' actions? (And were there ever any hints that E1 Snart is gay?) Is he supposed to be joining the Legends, or what?

I was hoping the resolution to Victor Garber leaving the show wouldn't be Stein dying. :(

Agree with Silver Shocker about Thawn, and the Ray. Except I won't be watching the web series. I don't watch any of the web stuff.

Loved the ending of part 4.

Shogunn2517

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: GhostMachine on November 29, 2017, 04:55:40 PM
Spoiler
Why bring an alternate Snart who is sensitive to the point of being a royal pain, when last time I checked, Earth 1 Snart was alive again due to the Legends' actions? (And were there ever any hints that E1 Snart is gay?) Is he supposed to be joining the Legends, or what?

Spoiler

No, he's still dead.  The Legion of Doom picked him up when he was still a villain, and the Legend erased his memory of the time traveling and put him back again.  He still died as he was supposed to.