Batman: Brave and the Bold returns....

Started by Silver Shocker, November 01, 2017, 10:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Shocker

As a straight-to-DVD movie where he teams up with Scooby Doo and the Scooby Gang.

Neat.

I was very pleasantly surprised to see this news pop up and I'm in favor of the idea. We just lost Adam West, so you can't really do another one of those Batman 66 movies without recasting Adam West's Batman (though Burt Ward swears he's going to be playing Robin again in the future, which has me curious) so this totally feels like an appropriate next step.

Here's what we know:

-It looks exactly like Brave and the Bold. All the characters from that show that are in it look just like they did in that show.

-Most of the voice cast will reprise the roles. Bader as Batman and Dimaggio as Aquaman, naturally. However, we have some recastings, for the better IMO. As in JLU Jeffrey Combs will voice Question, which I couldn't be happier about. The always awesome Combs owned the role of the Question and the BatB version never really did it for me. As in The Batman, Tom Kenny will voice Penguin, and Tara Strong will voice Harley Quinn.

So yeah, sounds neat. I've never really been an avid follower of Scooby Doo (I've watched far more parodies of Scooby Doo than the real thing) but I'd watch the heck out of this.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

kkhohoho

Quote from: Silver Shocker on November 01, 2017, 10:22:45 AM
I've never really been an avid follower of Scooby Doo (I've watched far more parodies of Scooby Doo than the real thing) but I'd watch the heck out of this.

Me neither. That said, Mystery Incorporated is a must-watch. I'm not even joking. It keeps the spirit of the old shows while using modern storytelling and characterization, (Fred's better than he's ever been,) and even throws in a series-long arc. It' s actually pretty kickass. And if this were a crossover with that show, (which it probably isn't, but what can you do,) I'd be on-board from day one.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

catwhowalksbyhimself

Of course, this is actually the second crossover between these properties.  The first was 1960's, I think.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

HarryTrotter

Yeah,Mystery Inc was actually pretty great.
There were several crossovers in Scooby Doo Team-Up I believe,if you count that.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

There was also a Scooby Doo/Batman crossover as part of an anthology episode of Batman: Brave and the Bold, and that seemed to be based on the 1960s version as well.

The new movie is using the voice cast from the new version, which I guess is called "Be Cool, Scooby Doo" so I'd assume it's based on that.

So from the way you guys described it, it sounds like Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated is the Scooby Doo version of the new Ducktales.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa