News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Yahoo groups not working

Started by Discoking090, November 11, 2017, 06:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discoking090

:banghead:

I can't download like 99.9 percent messages they are all redirecting me to the yahoo help and services/ assistance page.

Is anyone else having this problem.

spydermann93

Can you tell us which yahoo group that you are trying to download from? If it's multiple, just give a few and I'll see if I can download from them. That way we can see if it's the group or just you.

Discoking090

sure, usually the first two files at the top of the page of--
What I've tried so far:

Grenadier 1-16
Beardenlair 1-3
Renegade 1-3
Renegade_TB 1-3
Afghan Ant 1
can't remember the rest

daglob

Well I only tried Character Obscura III, but it took a loooong time to get anything.

spydermann93

That's odd.

All of those groups work fine for me.

Have you guys tried clearing your caches?

daglob

I kept getting sent to a page telling me that the file I wanted was not available.

spydermann93

Which file was it? I only tried Captain Carrot from your group, Glob.

daglob

I tried everyone down to Wonder Skrull several times before I finally got Popeye and Bluto. When I succeed, I quit. It was still around 15 minutes of failure on all of them.

Discoking090

I totes did clear my cache, no difference

Cyber Burn

Anyone else having trouble locating their Groups now?

daglob

They were all gone last night; I haven't checked today. I kept getting sent to Yahoo Groups Thailand or told that they were having an error.

Lemme check...

Nope, still not there.

It may be a good thing that I downloaded everything of mine that was left last month.

daglob

Now, Groups Cambodia is gone (I thought it was Thailand before).

Panther_Gunn

Well, booger.

I checked my Groups access after the thread got started, just to check, and my group was fine, and it looked like all the ones I was a member of were fine (didn't check).  Now I get the Manage accounts page for Yahoo.  Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Cyber Burn

At least for now, the Resources Group seems to be back up. That was my main concern for now anyway.

John Jr.

I'm trying to upload a new file to my group for hours, with no luck. Anyone having a similar issue?

John Jr.

Update: Tried to upload an image and a file from 2 different computers, no luck. I'm stuck on a perpetual "uploading" screen after I hit "save" (it gets to 100% but then it gets stuck). Any suggestions, guys?

daglob

Same here. The progress bar gets to what looks like 100%, then everything stops. I can still download from the groups, but no telling how long that will last. There have been some that were "unreachable" and took too long to respond for the last few days.

I got a bad feeling about this...

John Jr.

I have the same "bad feeling", DG. I think we need to find an alternative to Yahoo Groups ASAP. Suggestions, anyone?

daglob

I've got a Mediadfire account; don't really know how good it would be in the long run. I have a bunch of Miguel Yanqui's stuff there (and need to go through more and post). Seems alright.

daglob

I checked the "Feedback" section of Support, and from the looks of things, no one is able to upload their files. A lot of people are complaining, but Yahoo hasn't had a real place to complain over the internet in years; you have to call them to complain. From what I read, the Yahoo Groups are not being maintained much, if at all.

John Jr.

Yeah, Yahoo Groups have zero support. I think you're right, DG, we'll have to use Mediafire or a similar file hosting service for a while. When you think things cannot get worse...

Cyber Burn

I need to go in an download all my stuff from Yahoo, with that that that kind of support (or lack thereof), who knows how long the Groups will remain up.

As for MediaFire, I have an Account as well, but it's already filled up to more than halfway to capacity., and that's after I've already deleted a large amount of Files.

daglob

This just in:

I tried their toll free support number... it doesn't work.

John Jr.

Looks like they fixed it, I just uploaded a new file.