2017 CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE: Getting ready for 2018...

Started by daglob, November 25, 2017, 06:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Yes, boys and girls, it's that time of year. Time to deck your avatar or your favorite comic book character in Christmas colors, holly and ivy (aren't those two DC villainesses?), tinsel and lights, mistletoe and snow. Or create a Christmas-themed character, a Christmas-themed mod,  or some kind of holiday something (chestnuts, sleighs, snow, snowmen, cold, ice, hot chocolate, apple cider...). :santa:

Rules are simple:

Deadline is December 25th, but if you have something that runs a little late, that's okay. If you do something New Years-ish we won't complain if it comes in around January 1st.

Post a picture here for us to enjoy and compliment.

Have fun.

Here is a new X-Mas Angel to go with a Christmassy Red Hulk.

daglob

daglob

detourne_me

Wow!  That's a fantastic Arnie!

daglob

daglob

I hear crickets chirping in the dark... but it could just be my tinnitus.

I'm not sure I ever released this skin. It was for a Skinning Challenge, but, hey, Ollie is all decked out in red and green, so he is kinda Christamasy...

Cyber Burn

2 more papers, and a test and a final... :banghead:

daglob

No telling what you might find when you look through the skins and stuff for a character.

Not my work of course, but it is named "Christmas".

daglob

Yes, only ten days left to astound us with your Christmas  contribution.

daglob

C'mon, guys and gals; we only have about a week...

(Yes, I know the holly on Quicksilver needs work...)

daglob

This is Temper v2 by Fusion. With this mesh, there is a picture of a costume that looks somewhat like this, but the skin isn't included, nor have I been able to find it.

So I made my own, and now made it Christmassy.

Cyber Burn

Santa on a baaad day!

This is all SickAlice's work, I just pieced it together.

daglob

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

daglob

daglob

UnkoMan

Ridiculous! Ha ha. Avengers Save Christmas mod, anybody?
I remember that old style avatar. But shouldn't he be on a different mesh?

daglob

I have no idea where he as supposed to go. I found him in among the skins for PM_Ism. I probably got it when I got the skin for Unkoman's Gumballs.

There are a bunch of recolors of that skin, also.

doctorchallenger

My contribution: inspired by the image in the background, from Ambush Bug Stocking Stuffer Special #1 (1986). I might have some additional designs as companions to this, if I can find a little more time.
Some extras currently kitbashed.

Thanks to Murs, C6, Googleplex, Tomato, DarkJered, and Zed for bases. Texas Jack for the mesh and Beyonder, Tommyboy, and Grenadier for the pieces.

Deaths Jester

Wait...is Santa shooting the booze bottle?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! BAD SANTA!!! BADDD!!!!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

doctorchallenger

Quote from: Deaths Jester on December 22, 2017, 08:47:34 PM
Wait...is Santa shooting the booze bottle?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! BAD SANTA!!! BADDD!!!!
:lol: This Santa only shoots the bottles when they are empty, which the one pictured clearly isn't. Hope this puts your mind at ease, DJ! :thumbup:

UnkoMan

Quote from: doctorchallenger on December 22, 2017, 08:38:25 PM
My contribution: inspired by the image in the background, from Ambush Bug Stocking Stuffer Special #1 (1986). I might have some additional designs as companions to this, if I can find a little more time.
Some extras currently kitbashed.

Ohmy gosh, yes. Ambush Bug. Heckler. Anything Keith Griffen, I'm there.
I APPROVE!

daglob

daglob

Cyber Burn

Didn't have as much time as I thought I would, so here's some pics from last years Challenge:

daglob

Well, the most important rule is to have fun, and if you stress over it and "have" to do something, it won't be fun. And seeing your X-Mas CB is quite enjoyable.

I did manage to get X-Mas Ant Man done.

daglob

Ah well, Christmas has come and gone, and so ends another Christmas Challenge. If you have something that is almost ready, please post it anyway; we would love to see it.

Cyber Burn

Definitely not finished, but here's Santa's Little Helper:

daglob

My intention here was to find a beard and a Santa hat, perhaps a little fur trim...

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on January 01, 2018, 06:13:15 PM

My intention here was to find a beard and a Santa hat, perhaps a little fur trim...

:lol:

Check out SickAlice's Rhino/Santa on his Spider-Man page.