One batman request to rule them all!

Started by Red Fisser, November 28, 2017, 11:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Fisser

on the past year or so, I ve been trying to make a model for  :ffvstr: based on the dark deco portayal of batman from the new batman adventures, in the hopes of making a bunch of the basic cast, perhaps a mod of it etc..
Now my request is about some more cape movement.
For example in batman tas/tnba/justice league you see batman covered in his cape most of the time he is standing still(in his idle animation) or when he is walking

and the cape seems like it opens up, like a curtain just for the arms movement to occur like here

or when he jumps/glides

Can anyone give it a try?
Anyone knows how this could work?

heroidosilencio

There is a mesh that has a cape  close to the thing you are talking about.
I guess it was made by INK. the name is GL_Torquemada_RenInk

I also made a skope that looks very much with the one from BATMAN ADVENTURES.

If you want to take a look give me your e-mail and I will send it to you.

daglob

There is a mesh called Goth that has an idle pose where Bats has his arms folded. That Batman has been discussed before, but was never completed.

Red Fisser

Quote from: daglob on November 29, 2017, 06:01:29 AM
There is a mesh called Goth that has an idle pose where Bats has his arms folded. That Batman has been discussed before, but was never completed.
Do you know where I can find that mesh?
Quote from: heroidosilencio on November 29, 2017, 05:57:44 AM
There is a mesh that has a cape  close to the thing you are talking about.
I guess it was made by INK. the name is GL_Torquemada_RenInk

I also made a skope that looks very much with the one from BATMAN ADVENTURES.

If you want to take a look give me your e-mail and I will send it to you. 
Sure! I d like to have them both. My mail is asapsarras@gmail.com

daglob

Torquemada is at Catman's Litterbox. The "cape" is a coat from one of Ink's meshes I believe. I'll send a FF1 Goth shortly.

Red Fisser

Quote from: daglob on November 29, 2017, 07:15:44 PM
Torquemada is at Catman's Litterbox. The "cape" is a coat from one of Ink's meshes I believe. I'll send a FF1 Goth shortly.
Thank you  daglob!!!!Cant wait to see if I can tick around with it!!!
I cant seem to find Catman's Litterbox though , is that a site or a yahoo group?

daglob

Deaths Jester

Also Catman is known now as Sick Alice on the forum. And the skope is in the Green Lantern section.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

heroidosilencio

Sent both to you a couple days ago, Red Fisser. I hope you received them.

Red Fisser

Yes! I received them both(I already had your take on grenadiers batman mesh  ;) )thank you heroidosilencio!
Its just that I am always on and off , on the meshing thing due to college life obligations, and right now I am trying to get back to it (getting started , since I havent really  released anything  :doh: )...
About my request's progress , I dont think it can get done without digging into some 3ds max(I have 5)stuff. It takes animating to make  a cape take different shapes on each pose, and that cant be done without 3ds max(from what I know of). These days I am trying to look back for lost tutorials of 3ds max5 , on how to do just that( rigging,animating, modeling from pictures, building from scratch,etc)
If theres anyone more experienced than I am on that matter I could use all the help I could get

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Red Fisser linok=topic=59582.msg813628#msg813628 date=1512481357
These days I am trying to look back for lost tutorials of 3ds max5 , on how to do just that( rigging,animating, modeling from pictures, building from scratch,etc)
If theres anyone more experienced than I am on that matter I could use all the help I could get

I know almost nothing about Meshing, but what information I've been able to collect, I've placed at the "Freedom Force Resources" Yahoo Group:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Freedom_Force_Resources/info

Red Fisser

Quote from: Cyber Burn on December 07, 2017, 07:37:57 AM
Quote from: Red Fisser linok=topic=59582.msg813628#msg813628 date=1512481357
These days I am trying to look back for lost tutorials of 3ds max5 , on how to do just that( rigging,animating, modeling from pictures, building from scratch,etc)

I know almost nothing about Meshing, but what information I've been able to collect, I've placed at the "Freedom Force Resources" Yahoo Group:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Freedom_Force_Resources/info
Thank you Cyb! :thumbup:
I used to have those pdf's some months ago, back when I started trying on using 3dsmax for this task(just lost em,somehow  :banghead:).  Cant say I understand fully what they say though(3dsmax seems pretty much alien to me)but I can say that last time I read em I did felt a lot more optimistic on giving it a try.
Would it take a huge effort to create a mesh from scratch?
I cant help but wonder if there is any active member on this community that knows how to handle it( I suppose from what I ve seen on some meshes, there must ve been a couple 3dsmax pros in the past)

Cyber Burn

Not sure anyone is still currently active, but you can give this thread a try. Hopefully, it'll give you some tips.

http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=55443.msg752148#msg752148

Deaths Jester

Beyonder lurks about FR on occassions...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Red Fisser

I found (somewhere,not important where.. :ph34r:) a book which is called 3d studio max 5 for dummies(in pdf) , which is good since I have trouble finding tutorials for the older editions of 3ds max(I assume tutorials from new ones wont help,not sure though).
I started reading it yesterday before sleeping.
Didnt get too far so I cant say much,other than it seems its more like an encyclopedia to which you have to read the parts you want , and practice them in action, instead of having to read it whole first and then get started.
Specifically introductory it says:

"How you use this book depends somewhat on who you are and the level of your previous encounters with the general concepts of 3D design, and any experience you may have had with other 3D software. The book is not designed like a novel, with the requirement that you read it from start to finish, but rather as a reference and an encyclopedia of interactive information to help you understand various facets of how 3ds max functions."

"If you're a novice to 3D design and know very little about 3D concepts and nothing about 3D software, don't be embarrassed. Everyone has to start somewhere."

"As a 3D novice, pay special attention to the terms used for various 3D operations and tools. Picking up the lingo not only gets you quickly into 3ds max, but imagine the fun at parties when you 3D-speak with others. (Impress your friends! Astound your peers! Dumbfound total strangers!)" I laughed out loud on that one  :lol: 
"You may want to read any parts or chapters in the book that totally overwhelm you the first time through more than one time. "

"Using 3D, however, is a bit like learning to skydive. It isn't until you're in the air and screaming that what you've discovered really kicks in."  :cool:

"The object is to read a little and then play around with 3ds max on your computer."

"Each part of this book builds upon previous ones and improves your 3ds max expertise in a cumulative step-by-step fashion. However, this book is also an encyclopedia of information so that you can always return to any part or chapter of the book that is helpful in refreshing your memory about specific topics. If you already have a basic knowledge of 3D software, you can begin by going immediately to the part or chapter that most interests you"

In case anyones interested on having it, PM me and I will gladly mail it to them , of course ;)

daglob

Sorta like Photoshop; there are features I've never used, and some I probably never will.

Red Fisser

Sooo..as a personal note and a update to anyone interested in the development of this (re)quest..
I just found out that one of my college teachers has a professional degree on 3ds max(!) and gave me the basic book for 3ds max 5
(which I can share with pleasure with anyone intersted) and he is willing to help me with the basics of the program.
I ve also started reading it , and it seems like it does the job.