News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

MAP QUEST

Started by UnkoMan, November 30, 2017, 03:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnkoMan

Hi there,

So it's been a loooooong time since I did anything FF related. Well, I have been lurking a bit more, and got a random hankering. I remember it was pretty funny the couple of maps I made. I wonder if I could make more?
Except... I completely forget how. I don't even have FF installed, actually, but I did move all my FF folders to a harddrive. Looks like I had dropped the first game in favour of TR.

So I open up FFEdit and set Primary Data Path to M:\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\WeirdWorld
Secondary Data Path to M:\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data
Nif   M:\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\WeirdWorld\Ar
Sound   M:\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\WeirdWorld\Sounds
Game EXE   M:\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe
Level Editor   M:\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffvt3rEdit.exe (Is this where I went wrong?)
And I dunno what to set for Python Editor.

All the tabs are populated with things, making me assuming it's working, except the missions tab. That's all greyed out. What am I doing wrong?
For the record, I was trying to follow this tutorial: http://phantombunburyist.freedomforceforever.com/tempest/modtutorial.html
I'm open to any other tips or tutorials or advice on map making, since I've totally forgot everything, ha ha ha.

Thanks in advance, folks!

Cyber Burn

Hey Unko, I don't know anything about Map Making (Always wanted to try, but never had the time), but here's a bunch of stuff I found in my Files that was eventually going to be put into the Resources Yahoo Group.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c0hu3xwkx5hzccq/Map_Making_Files.7z

Hope this helps.

Deaths Jester

Hit up Dana, he still lurks about sometimes...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

UnkoMan

Thanks, folk! Will start poking around.

UnkoMan

So, I have been poking, prodding, relearning. Those files were quite helpful, Cyber!
I have created new objects, but they don't appear in the list, via the in-game editor. I can manually add them via FFEdit and then easily reposition them in game, so that's okay. There is something about making a "character" after a "template" for new objects, but when I checked the "characters" tab I didn't see any objects, so I figured I would just leave it. I had old instructions on installation from the two maps I made long ago, and they didn't mention this.
Does anybody have an idea as to why that is? I mean, it's workable, it's just easier if I can add them all in-game.

Additionally, I have noticed the "skin" string on objects, but have read this is only for characters? This would be why things like billboards have separate nifs, but it seems extremely wasteful to me, considering I have made at least 12 new advertisement posters, and would like to do a bunch of neon signs. I can do this easily enough, though it is a little tedious adjusting all the nifs in nifskope, but then I have a whole bunch of extra nifs taking up space!
It's possible I could be filling out the "skin" string wrong, or need to place them in folders like with character skins? Does anybody have experience with this?

Even if nobody does, should I document what I have done so that others can do the same? I dunno if people are making many maps these days. It seemed like there weren't a ton made for FFvsTR, but I could have just not noticed them.
But if people are and want to talk about it, I'm game.

One other weirdness... I was adjusting pieces on a redsun map and didn't delete all of the original pieces. Then, suddenly, when I rotated some to a certain angle and checked them in FFEdit, jumping back in game they changed to a different building!
Also, Cuban houses, when I rotated them 180 degrees, transformed into a demolished Cuban house and would not return. Had to delete these objects and redo them, turning them to 179.9 degrees.
Anybody had anything like that happen?

Cyber Burn

I'm always hungry for information, so any notes you take during this process, I would love to have.

Also, it's possible that I may have more information floating around, I'm a bit behind at the moment, but anything I do find, I will gladly post for you.

UnkoMan

Okay, here's a weird thing.
I was trying out Benton's Pulp Adventures mod, and noticed the city looked like it was taken from FF1. That's cool, because I was wondering if I would be able to steal and modify maps from there, since I'd like a lot more city options than FFvsTR provides.
(Which will be a thing I will talk about in a sec.)
Then I go into the files and see some things. MORE billboards (you don't even know how much I love billboards), and water tanks and all sorts of little bits I'd like to add to some of my maps. I copy the nif files over, and see these "template.txt" which, I'm assuming, is the reason my created objects weren't showing up in the in-game place object list, and I make a template and set it all up.
But then when I try to place the object in-game nothing shows up. The object name shows up. It's in the list in FFEdit. But there's no nif in the game world.

So what gives? What did I mess up?

UnkoMan

Actually, I might have figured it out in that the "template.txt" file is creating an entry that will show up in the menu but it isn't linked to my template in FFEdit and my nif.
Hmmm.. Interesting. Maybe if I rename and change what is in template.txt?

UnkoMan

I know I am mostly talking to myself, but if anybody has experienced anything I am saying or has any tips & tricks, let me know! Love to hear them.

Right now I have a question about lighting. I used to know how to change the lighting of a custom map. I did so on my Eldritchtown maps. I've since forgotten. What was it I did?! Anybody know?

The other thing is that I am having trouble with custom objects still. Before, I was copying an object template and just setting the "Example NIF" to the new nif, which was the same nif just told to use a different texture. So not a lot to mess up. Like I said, I could add these objects via FFEdit, but not through the in-game editor, which I'm sure has something to do with these template.txt files I keep seeing.
NOW I was trying to make an object right from scratch. I took the nifs for it out of a different project, and placed them into mine. Then I set all the settings (class/material/nif/mass/etc) the same way they were set up in the other project's template file. Saved this. Went to a mission. Added the object through FFEdit.
In-Game editor just shows the blank grey cube of a non working nif. Double checked, and the nif is pointing at the correct nif. What am I doing wrong?

Is there a step by step tutorial for creating objects in FFEdit? [EDIT: Oh wait, is it here in this stuff you already gave me, Cyber? I'm re-reading this. They are FF1 specific though, dunno if that changes things.]
As well, a step by step tutorial for lighting?

These would be extremely useful to me at present.

[EDIT: Random other issue... when I add a neon sign in the in-game editor, they come up as a,b,c,etc... but the template in FFEdit is always pat_neon_sign, and if I adjust it in FFEdit it becomes sign_a automatically. Frustrating and odd. I notice the old light objects I made worked this way as well, and I don't really understand how or why.]

UnkoMan

Quote from: UnkoMan on January 06, 2018, 12:58:00 AM
Actually, I might have figured it out in that the "template.txt" file is creating an entry that will show up in the menu but it isn't linked to my template in FFEdit and my nif.
Hmmm.. Interesting. Maybe if I rename and change what is in template.txt?

So, yeah, in case anybody was wondering, I figured that out. The name of the object in the Templates tab has to exactly match what is in the template.txt file. Makes perfect sense.

But now, suddenly, I had a harddrive hiccup. A little bit of corruption. Oh no! All the stuff I was working on! I was making progress doing custom items, and had found out my errors, and now... Well, when I load FFEdit the "Templates" tab is blank. The file got messed up. Is it a textfile or a dat file or something? Where are all these stored? If I knew, I could replace it with a backup. Also, is it possible to edit entries to the in-game info is different. Example, a building will be called "orange building" with the description, "Something something Patriot City skyline." I'd like to change this info if anybody knows how.

UnkoMan

I wonder if I should delete things after I figure them out?
I figured out my hiccup because, luckily, I had a backup of my work. I had to make new templates entries, but I think I have a handle on that now. Making new objects is fine.
So this morning, I'm working on various maps, a little bit at the time. I go to close the in-game editor and it hangs up. I'm used to it, these things seem unstable and crash every so often, except this time my cursor refuses to move anymore. Restart, have a show, go about my business. Now I come back to try adding a couple new objects to a map and get this error, "alert: CMissionMgr::doDiscoverIn(), invalid mission file format"
Oh no! Is my mission screwed up. I try another. I try a default mission. Same error. Oh phew, so it isn't my actual missions/maps, it is something wrong with the FFEdit in-game editor.
Anybody have this error?

I reinstalled the mod tools and it still didn't work. Maps from other mod folders will open, though now my in-game editor window shows up tiny and I don't know how to adjust it.
(EDIT: Fixed the size by opening up the actual game and adjusting there.)
These programs seem rife with errors. A while back the comic book font stopped loading in the in-game editor. I actually was grateful because it went to a sans serif default that I found a lot easier to read.

daglob

I wouldn't delete your odyssey; it may help someone later.

BentonGrey

I haven't had time to poke into this yet, but I have made a note to go through your posts here and see if there is anything I can do to help.  No promises, though.  :(
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on January 27, 2018, 03:09:41 AM
I wouldn't delete your odyssey; it may help someone later.

Agreed.

UnkoMan

No problems. Will leave on. AND will mention how I fixed certain problems.

Okay, today, open up FFEdit, go to a totally different mod. (Liberty Bay mod... oh, fond memories.)
Open a map. Operates as normal. Cool. Toss one of my maps into the missions folder. Opens fine. Awesome! Toss the other two. Try opening one and... oh dang son, errored out! Same error. Try to go back to the LibBay one I opened earlier. Error again! Oh no, so something with that particular map messed up all the other maps?

Okay, I have a freshish backup on another harddrive. Try FFEdit on those maps. They work!

Though now I realized, in an effort to fix the original error, I lost a couple objects that I've worked on. But now I suss out that those are located in the object.dat file (obviously). Shouldn't take too long to remake them (took screenshots before messing around) then get a backup. Frustrating little hiccup. Dunno what happened, but now know how to fix easily, with a backup of the actual mission file. That's where the error was.
Now to fill a graveyard with tombstones.

EDIT: Or not, since after I add them I can't seem to click on them and move them around.
Could they possibly be lacking bounding boxes?

BentonGrey

Okay Unko, I had some time today, so here are a few answers and thoughts:

Quote from: UnkoMan on December 29, 2017, 06:41:57 PM
So, I have been poking, prodding, relearning. Those files were quite helpful, Cyber!
I have created new objects, but they don't appear in the list, via the in-game editor. I can manually add them via FFEdit and then easily reposition them in game, so that's okay. There is something about making a "character" after a "template" for new objects, but when I checked the "characters" tab I didn't see any objects, so I figured I would just leave it. I had old instructions on installation from the two maps I made long ago, and they didn't mention this.
Does anybody have an idea as to why that is? I mean, it's workable, it's just easier if I can add them all in-game.

In order to get new objects to show up as placeable through the 3d editor, you need to not only create the folder and add an entry in the objects.dat, you also have to add a .txt file to the mesh folder as well.  This file, named "template," just has the name of the object inside which usually (maybe MUST) matches the name of the object folder.  For example, I copied and resized one Blitzkreig's objects.  I copied the folder, resized the object, and then opened up the template.txt within the folder and renamed it to match my "blitz_whatever_big" folder.  Then I copied the original entry in the objects tab of FFEdit, changed the settings, name, and directory, and done.

Additionally, I have noticed the "skin" string on objects, but have read this is only for characters? This would be why things like billboards have separate nifs, but it seems extremely wasteful to me, considering I have made at least 12 new advertisement posters, and would like to do a bunch of neon signs. I can do this easily enough, though it is a little tedious adjusting all the nifs in nifskope, but then I have a whole bunch of extra nifs taking up space!
It's possible I could be filling out the "skin" string wrong, or need to place them in folders like with character skins? Does anybody have experience with this?

I'm afraid I've never screwed with this, but I imagine Dana would know, if anyone does.

One other weirdness... I was adjusting pieces on a redsun map and didn't delete all of the original pieces. Then, suddenly, when I rotated some to a certain angle and checked them in FFEdit, jumping back in game they changed to a different building!
Also, Cuban houses, when I rotated them 180 degrees, transformed into a demolished Cuban house and would not return. Had to delete these objects and redo them, turning them to 179.9 degrees.
Anybody had anything like that happen?

Okay, the jump from regular to demolished model is super weird, and I've never encountered that.  However, on the note of changes jumping back, do you know that you need to check the "layout" box in the editor (on the bottom of the object list) to be able to make lasting changes to the built-in objects on a map?  If you don't, you can do whatever you want in the 3d editor, but when you load it again, none of that stuff will have been saved.  At first guess, I'd assume this is the issue.

Quote from: UnkoMan on January 05, 2018, 11:18:27 PM
Okay, here's a weird thing.
I was trying out Benton's Pulp Adventures mod, and noticed the city looked like it was taken from FF1. That's cool, because I was wondering if I would be able to steal and modify maps from there, since I'd like a lot more city options than FFvsTR provides.
(Which will be a thing I will talk about in a sec.)
Then I go into the files and see some things. MORE billboards (you don't even know how much I love billboards), and water tanks and all sorts of little bits I'd like to add to some of my maps. I copy the nif files over, and see these "template.txt" which, I'm assuming, is the reason my created objects weren't showing up in the in-game place object list, and I make a template and set it all up.
But then when I try to place the object in-game nothing shows up. The object name shows up. It's in the list in FFEdit. But there's no nif in the game world.

So what gives? What did I mess up?

Alright, that's strange.  It sounds like the game isn't finding the nifs, so I would check your data paths.  If you're copying things over, make sure you are recreating the directory, and not just copying over individual objects without creating the proper path. 

Quote from: UnkoMan on January 24, 2018, 05:24:11 AM
I know I am mostly talking to myself, but if anybody has experienced anything I am saying or has any tips & tricks, let me know! Love to hear them.

Right now I have a question about lighting. I used to know how to change the lighting of a custom map. I did so on my Eldritchtown maps. I've since forgotten. What was it I did?! Anybody know?

I know you can change it through scripting (EZScript), but I'm afraid I don't know how to do it in the map.  This is another question I know Dana could answer.

The other thing is that I am having trouble with custom objects still. Before, I was copying an object template and just setting the "Example NIF" to the new nif, which was the same nif just told to use a different texture. So not a lot to mess up. Like I said, I could add these objects via FFEdit, but not through the in-game editor, which I'm sure has something to do with these template.txt files I keep seeing.
NOW I was trying to make an object right from scratch. I took the nifs for it out of a different project, and placed them into mine. Then I set all the settings (class/material/nif/mass/etc) the same way they were set up in the other project's template file. Saved this. Went to a mission. Added the object through FFEdit.
In-Game editor just shows the blank grey cube of a non working nif. Double checked, and the nif is pointing at the correct nif. What am I doing wrong?

Is there a step by step tutorial for creating objects in FFEdit? [EDIT: Oh wait, is it here in this stuff you already gave me, Cyber? I'm re-reading this. They are FF1 specific though, dunno if that changes things.]
As well, a step by step tutorial for lighting?

These would be extremely useful to me at present.

Make sure that the object has been converted to work with FFII; don't import directly from FF1.  Other than that, I'm not sure what the issue would be if the data path is correct and you've got the actual nif in that directory.

[EDIT: Random other issue... when I add a neon sign in the in-game editor, they come up as a,b,c,etc... but the template in FFEdit is always pat_neon_sign, and if I adjust it in FFEdit it becomes sign_a automatically. Frustrating and odd. I notice the old light objects I made worked this way as well, and I don't really understand how or why.]

Yes, unfortunately there are some buried objects in FFEdit, and I'm afraid I have not idea how to fix this.  It is really annoying.  The same thing happens with a lot of the FF base objects

Quote from: UnkoMan on January 26, 2018, 10:51:02 PM
I wonder if I should delete things after I figure them out?
I figured out my hiccup because, luckily, I had a backup of my work. I had to make new templates entries, but I think I have a handle on that now. Making new objects is fine.
So this morning, I'm working on various maps, a little bit at the time. I go to close the in-game editor and it hangs up. I'm used to it, these things seem unstable and crash every so often, except this time my cursor refuses to move anymore. Restart, have a show, go about my business. Now I come back to try adding a couple new objects to a map and get this error, "alert: CMissionMgr::doDiscoverIn(), invalid mission file format"
Oh no! Is my mission screwed up. I try another. I try a default mission. Same error. Oh phew, so it isn't my actual missions/maps, it is something wrong with the FFEdit in-game editor.
Anybody have this error?

I reinstalled the mod tools and it still didn't work. Maps from other mod folders will open, though now my in-game editor window shows up tiny and I don't know how to adjust it.
(EDIT: Fixed the size by opening up the actual game and adjusting there.)
These programs seem rife with errors. A while back the comic book font stopped loading in the in-game editor. I actually was grateful because it went to a sans serif default that I found a lot easier to read.

1) What version of windows are you using?  2) How are you running FFEdit?  3) Are you running it in compatibility mode and as an admin?  The last may help.

Quote from: UnkoMan on January 27, 2018, 09:51:32 PM
No problems. Will leave on. AND will mention how I fixed certain problems.

Okay, today, open up FFEdit, go to a totally different mod. (Liberty Bay mod... oh, fond memories.)
Open a map. Operates as normal. Cool. Toss one of my maps into the missions folder. Opens fine. Awesome! Toss the other two. Try opening one and... oh dang son, errored out! Same error. Try to go back to the LibBay one I opened earlier. Error again! Oh no, so something with that particular map messed up all the other maps?

Okay, I have a freshish backup on another harddrive. Try FFEdit on those maps. They work!

Though now I realized, in an effort to fix the original error, I lost a couple objects that I've worked on. But now I suss out that those are located in the object.dat file (obviously). Shouldn't take too long to remake them (took screenshots before messing around) then get a backup. Frustrating little hiccup. Dunno what happened, but now know how to fix easily, with a backup of the actual mission file. That's where the error was.
Now to fill a graveyard with tombstones.

EDIT: Or not, since after I add them I can't seem to click on them and move them around.
Could they possibly be lacking bounding boxes?

I'm glad you were able to fix that!  Yep, if you can't click on the object in the 3d editor, it is because it lacks a bb.  That's easy enough to fix and can be done in Nifskope.  Just open up a similarly sized/shaped object that has one, copy it, and paste it in the appropriate parallel place in the original object.  MOST objects that were added from FF1 in the map pack were converted in just this fashion, thanks to the tireless efforts of its creator, but some got missed.

I hope some of this proves helpful, Unko.  Let me know if you have more questions, and I'll do what I can to help!  I'm sorry it took me so long to get to this, but I wanted to have time to sit down and focus on it, and that is rarer these days.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

UnkoMan

Benton! Thanks for checking out some stuff.
I had learned some of these things by now, ha ha. I don't have trouble adding new objects anymore. I think the .txt file does HAVE TO match what's in your template. It doesn't seem to work otherwise.
I had a few objects I tried to put in the same folder and that also messes this up, as they would then use the same template .txt file. Irrational's neon signs mess up when you edit them out of game, because they are all in the same folder and share a template. Presumably, if you wanted, you could give them all their own template and folder and template.txt file and this would fix the error?

Skin, I do think is character only. I've tried it with objects with no luck so far.

I have learned Layout need to also be checked before working, thank you. FFEdit and the In-Game Editor don't always see eye to eye.
I still don't know why the demolished thing happens.

I think for things not showing up, it was because some of my filepaths/naming/template was not matching somewhere. This is all fixed. Now I am more diligent about making sure everything is named correctly. I haven't had this problem anymore.
Yet! Ha ha.

I think Dana was who told me in the first place. Sent a PM, but haven't heard back yet. I think I clicked send. I'm pretty sure.

Again, think I have objects sussed out now.

I run FFEdit as admin, because it won't open otherwise! Windows 10. I don't have compatibility mode turned on though. Good idea. I'll try and see if it is more stable. Would XPSP2 be good? What version was it made for?
By the way, after redoing some files, the font is back and it's working alright again. Though just now I hit "run" on a level and the screen size went back to default. The settings in here don't seem to change window size, but going back into the game proper, I can adjust it there again.

Yeah, the bounding box was a little annoying, trying to adjust the size correctly. Scale Vertices is such a bummer compared to the regular nifskope scale. Like, why don't they operate in the same, non-destructive fashion?
Unless you know something I don't...

No worries at all, Benton! Thanks for even looking! Any help is some help.
There are other tutorials and things that have been lost to time right? It's crazy people are still doing stuff for this game, so many years later.

BentonGrey

You're very welcome, Unko!  You've been a huge help to me over the years, and this is certainly the least I can do!

Templates: I THINK that is correct about the signs.  It should be, anyway, but as you are discovering, there are some ghosts in this particular machine.

FFEdit Settings: Yeah, I'd say XP SP 2 (it's what I use), but you can experiment with different settings to see what works well.  I've discovered that not all copies of Win 10 are created equal, oddly enough.  On my laptop, I have to run the game itself in compatibility mode.  On my desktop, the game works perfectly, but if I try to run it in compatibility mode, it chokes.  Weird!

Bounding Boxes: And you have already surpassed my very limited knowledge of NS!  :lol:

Once again, you're welcome man!  I'm just sorry that I didn't get to you before you had to figure out so much of this the hard way!

There are other tutorials and such, and I actually started trying to mine the Wayback Machine to get everything off of the FR World wiki, but I got distracted/ran out of free time.  If only there were world enough and time...
God Bless

BentonGrey

I salvaged some stuff from the wiki while I had some time, Unko.  You can find it here:
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/freedom-force-modding/

I'll try to harvest the rest of the stuff from the Wayback Machine one of these days.
God Bless

UnkoMan

Oooo, nice job, Bent.

I did SP2 and it works, haven't noticed any weird crashes yet, but who knows what will happen? I have an inkling it won't make too much difference.
Had a weird thing with CTool though, since it auto reinstalled when I was reinstalling FFEdit again... now it doesn't open some meshes it used to. Guess I just got to convert them. Bye bye FF1 compatibility.

Okay, so I'm getting into map making. It's fun! I have a problem though, and that is the small range of buildings. It was fine making my New Englashish city, but now I'm trying to do a Texas town and the buildings are all just so tall. If only they lopped off at a couple stories. Wouldn't mind finding a cave entrance, too.
Am I getting too ambitious now? Ha ha ha. DaGlob converted some tombstones for my last map and they look great.

I'm going to browse some other mods, I guess. See if I can find anything. But if anybody knows of buildings that would give this sort of vibe, let me know:
http://www.iamatexan.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/3816978050_e0eb09dbd7_b.jpg
https://www.cgtrader.com/free-3d-models/exterior/house/free-arab-city-building-building-a-71c0fa7a6889612a7ff2685035e36dbd

BentonGrey

I hope it proves helpful, Unko.

Awesome!

Hmm...well, a few thoughts.  First, there are the FF2 Cuban buildings, which are somewhat western looking and could be reskinned, but there are a ton of FF1 buildings.  The first game had a much more realized city, with different neighborhoods and such, each with its own style.  You could poke around in the map pack and see if there is anything in there you'd like. 

Second, I can't think of anything like a perpendicular cave entrance, but there are the ant mounds from the first game, which could work.
God Bless

UnkoMan

Ahhh the ant mound! Yeah, that's a good place to start, thank you!
You're right about those FF1 buildings... Actually I had one I really liked, after reducing it by half on the Z axis. I figured, swell, just do a new texture and it will be good to go, but turns out it had all sorts of weird mapping so it won't work. Back to looking, but I'm sure I'll find some usable stuff in there. It's starting to look alright.
Spoiler

BentonGrey

Ohh, that is looking nice! 
God Bless

Deaths Jester

Hmm...somewhere I think I have some buildings in OBJ format that "might" work in FF and have "okay" wiremaps...maybe...hrmm...though not sure they are "western looking"...

UnkoMan

I'd take a look at anything, if you got it DJ, and it isn't any trouble. Thank you!
I've got some okay stuff right now. The maps of FF1 buildings are a little funky in general, so trying to shift them to make them in line with FFvsTR is weird.
This building had to have tiny upper windows, or else they'd show up on the stairs.
Spoiler

What I really need right now is something that can serve as a motel.

Deaths Jester

I'll dig around on the dvds I have of assorted stuff and see what I can find....probably going to be a bunch of newer things like skyscapers and such but still..and they'll be in OBJ format so you'll need to convert them...will dig though...

BentonGrey

Weird!  There are some long low buildings in FF1, warehouses and the like.  Something like that might work.
God Bless

Deaths Jester

Well, frrntt! The building models that I thought were OBJ files are MAX files - so no luck there unless you got 3DMAX and someplace that can upload huge files quickly. Sorry.

UnkoMan

No worries, DJ. Thanks for looking!
I've got something okay looking with a couple of FF1 buildings (suuuuuuuper weird mapping!), but I'm still searching for something to be the motel.
I can't find these FF1 warehouses at all, Bent. I checked the map pack, and your PA mod, and heck just searched "warehouse" in my FF folder... I have a bunch of terrain, and can see the warehouse levels, but when I open them up, they are full of blank objects, that don't point to an actual warehouse. A bunch of copies of the signs in front of the warehouses...
If you have the actual mesh (or meshes), mind emailing that my way? jollyolly at hotmail dot com.
Thanks a bunch!

Also, thanks for that emissions tip! The FF1 buildings I used were all dark. Had to adjust all of them.
[EDIT: Oops, maybe spoke too soon? Tested this in game, and they actually produce their own lighting now? I just wanted them to not be so darn dark, since they seemed to have a shadow over them compared. Did I mess up?]

Also, also, destructible motorcycle object? Val has a motorcyclist mesh that I think I can grab to be a static mesh, but it would need to be able to get destroyed with at least a "fragments" version, but also a "damage" version, if possible. Does it exist?!

Thanks guys!

BentonGrey

Howdy Unko,

The warehouse buildings should be in the mappack (and I think in PCTales, though I'm not sure), here: art\library\area_speciff1\city\warehouse_objects\buildings.  If you can't find them, I'll pack them up and send them your way, but I'm pretty sure they are in the mappack. (That's where I got them)

Emissions: Don't turn them all the way up; try adjusting a little at a time until you find what you want.  I generally find that setting the slider in the middle does the job.

Motorcycle: I don't THINK that there is a damaged version.  You might be able to fake it with a different object and a skin, but I have no idea what to use for that.
God Bless