News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The original THUNDER Agents fans...

Started by daglob, November 28, 2017, 05:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Comic Book Plus (  http://comicbookplus.com/  ) has just posted some scans for the original 1960s THUNDER Agents. The stories are simple, but most of the time the art is fantastic: Wally Wood, Dan Adkins, Gil Kane, Steve Ditko (Ditko/Wood artwork... MMM-MMM good), George Tuska, Reed Crandall... join us for the adventures of Dynamo, NoMan, Menthor, Lightning, Raven, and the THUNDER Squad as they combat the Overlord and his minions, SPIDER, DC, and Marvel...

GhostMachine

Thanks for the heads up. Sadly, the only THUNDER Agents series I've read was the short one that George Perez worked on.

daglob

Quote from: GhostMachine on November 29, 2017, 01:17:42 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Sadly, the only THUNDER Agents series I've read was the short one that George Perez worked on.

That was good also, lots of excellent art and stories. Really liked Perez's Raven in that series.

UnkoMan

Oh Thunder Agents, cool! I only read a couple but for some reason I always thought they were so rad. Something about how weirdly generic looking their designs are. Like clip art superheroes.
But then cool weird powers. So strange to me as a kid. So interesting.

Hmm, I wonder if reading them as an adult would ruin the magic?

But this site also has a bunch of the Brand X style horror comics, so I'll get into those. Thank you for the link!

daglob

daglob

They finished adding THUNDER Agents and added Dynamo. They already have UNDERSEA Agent, Fight the Enemy, and assorted Vicki comics.