News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Like we're animals

Started by eluvium, September 06, 2022, 10:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eluvium

Are there hero files for any of the animal meshes?

BentonGrey

Not immediately helpful, I'm afraid, but I have animals in several of my mods, especially Pulp Adventures and DCUG.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

eluvium

I could use'em, and any klaw construct skins if you have those

Panther_Gunn

I've got a couple of canine hero files I created, to be used for summoned creatures or temporary forms.  I've got a wolf form for Snowbird (the stats may need to be tweaked to more normal parameters), and a wolf & a dog (may have the same stats, don't recall) that I used for Klaw to summon.  I had him summon the wolf, and the dog was used for the wolf's Private Army, essentially summoning a wolf pack.

If you have any version of Photoshop (or Gimp, I suppose), creating skins for Klaw (or Lantern Corps.) constructs isn't hard (unless you're trying to get a translucent look to them, which is beyond me).  Using the Hue/Saturation tool under Image - Adjustments, check the Colorize box in the corner (changing everything in the selected image to varying shades of one color), move the Hue slider to whatever base color you want, then tweak with the Saturation & Lightness sliders.

Unless you're starting with a Freedom Force skin or some kind of Standard or base skin, I'm not sure how releasable such a creation would be.  Since it's pretty easy to make I've never asked about it.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

eluvium

just checking around as, there are already hero files

SickAlice

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on October 16, 2022, 09:39:59 PM
constructs isn't hard (unless you're trying to get a translucent look to them, which is beyond me).

You use the Alpha channel on the texture. First the Nif has to have Alpha assigned of course which can be copied. Then you use the Alpha channel or add one on the texture (so 32-bit alpha tga or dds). White (#ffffff) is fully visible. Black is completely transparent (#000000). So to get a translucent look you want a grey closer to white. It can very by Nif but for all my GL stuff I used color index #d7d7d7. One can refer to my Glomus and to the the named "construct" skin directory and just copy the Alpha channel.

Of note Alpha channels were not correctly implemented in  :ff: as in  :ffvstr: so they may look odd in game if it is the first. It is also the "cheap method". The other involves playing with the Alpha settings in the Nif itself though when you do that it of course becomes permanent. No good if you want to be able to switch to solid looking skins of course and the texture method is just faster.

cmdrkoenig67

I apologize for the resurrection, but I need some animal hero files too. I?m just forgetting where they?re stored, as well (especially if they?re from a mod). Benton, I have your Pulp Adventures Mod, so I see you have a BigCatVersatile/Lion, Gorilla_TJ, and a Wolf (I see their meshes in the characters? folder), but I don?t know where to look for their Hero Files (or what names you have them as characters).

Best,

Dana

oktokels

My Animal Stats go from 3 to 5 (Str, agl, end, spd, energy).

Lions and wolves:
stats
str 3 (or 4)
spd 4 (or 5)
agl 4 (or 5)
end 3 (or 4)
ener 3 (or 4)
attributes
claws
enhanced senses
tracker
acrobatic (lions)
powers
bite or scratch low to medium piercing damage
grapple bite (grapple ffx state swap]

gorilla
str 4 (or 5)
spd 4
agl 4 (or 5)
end 4 (or 5)
ene 3 (or 4)
attributes
enhanced senses
acrobatic
wall climbing
jumper
powers
punch medium to medium with high knockback
ffx grapple
ffx throw

cmdrkoenig67

Thanks, Oktokels. That helps quite a bit. Benton must be busy with teaching.

Dana