UNKO REQUESTS: Capcom Style Venom

Started by UnkoMan, December 13, 2017, 03:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnkoMan

Ooo, I'll send you a PM Cyber.
Time is not a huge issue. I'm not going to even start skinning this until quite some time from now.

daglob

If the hair you find is almost right, I would be willing to try to "fix" it with Blender.

Also, CB: Check your mailbox.

Deaths Jester

...or you could alpha a few pieces to make one main piece for the hair...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

UnkoMan

Ahhh, yes. Cobble together from various sources, of course! Thank you, DJ.
Daglob, thank you for the offer! Hopefully it won't have to come to that, I don't want to put anybody out.
I'll be really excited if I get this character done in, like, two months. Ha ha ha. I have another skin I should be done by now but I've barely started.

I was going to work on them but got distracted with maps. I can't seem to properly add alpha to neon_signanim_a. I'm sure I will figure it out eventually, but if anybody has an idea...
I can't seem to set the NiAlphaProperty I created to the NiTriShape's BS Properties. Am I doing this right?

daglob

I don't consider it being put out or upon. it's practice.

Of course, I really need to spend the practice time on the Animus I was working on for DJ...

UnkoMan

Can anybody point me to El Diablo's FF1 mesh, OR a nif version 4 mesh with the same or similar particle emitters?
I have a mesh I can't seem to convert to version 10, and I'd like to slap some fancy effects on her.
Thank you!

Cyber Burn

Quote from: UnkoMan on January 11, 2018, 08:14:23 PM
Can anybody point me to El Diablo's FF1 mesh, OR a nif version 4 mesh with the same or similar particle emitters?
I have a mesh I can't seem to convert to version 10, and I'd like to slap some fancy effects on her.
Thank you!

If you have the first FF game, have you checked your Art.ff file for this

UnkoMan

I don't have it installed and the disc is packed away somewhere. That's why I ask.
But if anybody ELSE has the first FF game and wants to send it my way, jollyolly at hotmail dot com.

Cyber Burn

If no one is able to get it to you, I should be able to get it to you this weekend.

As for the other Skope, I'm looking into scaling the gun during the throw animation. I just have to find my notes on it, and hope that I can figure it out. But I'm still looking for a left handed throw animation just in case.

UnkoMan

Oh gosh, Cyber!
I forgot to say about that. I do know where are some left handed throws. My avatar even uses one. His ranged_5 animation. It's on quite a few other meshes. I can search for it if you want me to.
I was going to use M25's keyframe transfer to just see if I could copy them over, but they were incompatible versions, and EZNif Convert seems to not be working for me again. I dunno why. Annoying.
But I was also unsure if you did anything fancy to make the keys work.

Actually, while writing this I just checked and AA's Captain Britain Classic's ranged seems great. It's a modified version of that same animation.
http://heroforce.freedomforceforever.com/AfghanAnt/marvel.html
Plus some melee staff. No 360 though. Still looking for that.

Anyhow, thanks Cyber! You've been a great help.

daglob

UnkoMan

Ah, I got them, Glob! Thank you.
But for some reason the standard El Diablo only shows up as a skeleton in my nifskope? In fact most of them do? Anybody know what the deal with that is?

I'll make this even easier.
http://www.mediafire.com/?tpa592d0d6ki0

If anybody can either point me to a mesh with "flaming hands" like El_Diablo or point me to a mesh that has just hand effects (where are all vertex's meshes at these days?) then I will be super grateful.
Or, if anybody can do it in a minute or so.

Thanks so much for the help! Phew! I need to actually start working on all these skins soon. Keep asking favours but not showing results.

I guess what I really need is a full nifskope emitter tutorial.

daglob

Most of the original meshes do not show up in Nifscope. I'll send you a couple of different meshes.

UnkoMan

Ah, interesting.
Also, it appears this mesh DID get converted now, which is weird. It was not acting like that before.
Feels pretty silly to not be able to do something simple!

EDIT: I figured this out, and thanks everybody for all the help! Ha ha, takes me a while, but I get things eventually.

UnkoMan

Hi there.
Another one. This time I'm looking for any female mesh whose wall climbing animation uses a rope. '60s Batman style.
I know they exist, I just don't happen to have one on my harddrive and can't think of one off the top of my head.
Especially useful if it can use standard female animations so I can have flip dodges and wrist mounted blasters. Hooo boy.

Thanks a bunch!

Deaths Jester

Wasn't the Taskmistress mesh that one?!?!?  Can't remember...

UnkoMan

Hmmm, that sounds right. Where would I scoop it up though?

Deaths Jester

UnkoMan

UnkoMan

Do any meshes exist that is a female with tentacles instead of arms, or they use  attacks where tentacles come out of their hands like the Sentinel meshes, or like an Omega Red or something?
Just curious. For a concept I had, but might not use. If there was a way to cover up a regular female mesh's hands with just spiky ends so they look like tentacles, I would be very on board for that, since then I could keep the hex I'm using, based on Beardinedlair's Spiral.

daglob

Bearded's Ruby Tuesday had tentacles that shoot out of her head. I did a scope for Iron Spiderwoman:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/characterobscura8/

But, since Male Tentacles is in the "noscope" list, a real Female Tentacles has yet to be done.

UnkoMan

Interesting, interesting.
I might not use these tentacles, but this is cool! I love how her spider sense goes off when she dodges. Actually, I've seen some other dodges that use effects. Going to try using some of that.

EDIT: Probably get rid of the hands via alpha channel, and add whatever I want to the ends of her six arms... If I can find some good pieces.
Thanks for the info though!

DOUBLE EDIT: Also looking for some kind of Jocasta style head.
If only I knew how to rip models, but I guess you need the game for that, in the first place.
http://avengers-academy.wikia.com/wiki/File:Jocasta_Rank_5.png

daglob

Vertex did one; not sure where it is these days, but I can send it to you if you want. LP has one at his site that is a scope of Vertex's:

http://forceofparadox.byethost31.com/laughingparadox_one.html

UnkoMan

Thank you for that.
It's a very nice Jocasta, she's just a little bit too smooth.
Basically I'm looking for a piece or pieces that could make a top similar to this:

Something LIKE that anyhow. All these designs I am currently working on are a bit go-with-the-flow and determined by random stuff I find and like.

PS: Would be also darn cool to get this into FF somehow.
https://free3d.com/3d-model/starship-troopers-m8-ape-marauder-5420.html
I dunno how high res the model is or anything though. Don't want to get too nuts, I'm assuming.

Deaths Jester

Hmmm...something about tommyboy's versatile female mesh and skope-able pieces comes to mind..but am unsure why....

UnkoMan

Ohhhh yes, of course. Tommyboy has all sorts of crazy parts.
Going to mine that. Thank you for reminding me, DJ!

Deaths Jester

Not a prob, you should be able to get something that fits what you want on his versatile meshes. 

UnkoMan

There are lots of pieces to go through! Ho ho.

Okay, another weird request. Is anybody able to convert some objects to static nifs for use as objects in FF?
https://www.cgtrader.com/free-3d-models/architectural/street/simple-tombstones

I'd like to have these four tombstones as four separate nifs. I don't know anything about making them destructible though, but that would be cool as well. Might be a lot to ask!
Basically I'm trying for a couple different, decent tombstone models that can smash and use the same texture files. I looked in a "cemetery" map and didn't like the tombstones I saw.

In addition, I'm on the hunt for some kind of tomb or mausoleum, that could also be destructible and used as a building object in game.

Got a little map in the works.

[Stealth Edit to answer Daglob's question below: Can get them in .3ds, .dae, .skp, .unitypackage(??)
I have tried using 3DS Max and Blender, and I really have no idea what's going on with either of them when I try.]

daglob

What format are the tombstone in? If they can be imported into Blender, they can be exported as nifs and .objs. I can't promise they will keep their skins, is the problem. That is to say, someone better at Blender than I might can do it so much better. Just it can probably be done.

Cyber Burn

Unko: When you tried using these in Blender, did you just try to "Open" the Files, or did you "Import" them?