News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

I need help with size

Started by cranlox, December 18, 2017, 03:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cranlox

I need to make a smaller size a whole character, keeping everything. I can not use the heaviest editing programs because I'm with a pretty old computer. If someone does me the favor of giving me that help! Thank you!

daglob

Do you mean you can't use Nifscope? If that's not it, then open the mesh in Nifscope, look for the "handle" node in the list on the left (I think that the default setup is list on the left character on the right), right click on it and you should get a popup menu with a choice to "transform", then click on "edit". That will open an editing window will all sorts of things to mess around whit. At the bottom is a place where you can change the scale. You can either use the arrows to increase of decrease the handle or type changes into the number after highlighting it (somewhat more complicated than that; you may need to play with it some). If the mesh has no handle, then someone will have to post how to transplant one. I know it can be done, but I don't remember how.

Also: some meshes have the handle near the top, some, well, it can be anywhere; you will just have to look.

Anyone who want to add to what I've said or correct me please feel free to do so.

If you can't use Nifscope, you will need help from someone more skilled than me.

Cyber Burn

There's a Tutorial for using NifSkope by Tomato in the Resources Yahoo Group that will explain how to adjust the height of a Mesh in detail. When you go into the Group, go into the "NifSkope" Section, and get the File titled "NifSkope Tutorial by Tomato for Altering Mesh Height". That should walk you through changing the Mesh's height. Plus, if you still have any other questions, you can post them here.

cranlox

Thank you Daglob and Cyber, the subject that not run nifskope on my real computer. For that reason I asked for help

daglob

Thee is another hex editor, but I was never able to make heads or tails of it.

But suppose you send it to lonespaceranger@gmail.com, and let me see if I can do it. How much smaller do you want it? It will adjust the size in either percentage increase (150% of original size) or decrease (75% of it's original size).  If it has a handle node, there will be no problem. I'll check Tomato's tutorial just in case.

cranlox

Kenn

I have a program (still alpha testing) that I can use to add a handle node if it's needed.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

daglob

I managed to get one in there. Problem is, I'm not sure exactly how I did it.

Cyber Burn

Don't know if this will help, but I have this Tutorial by SickAlice for adding a Handle Node. (Sorry about the image quality)

1. Open up male_basic_effects or any nif you know has an unaltered handle. Select the handle and copy it (Copy Branch).

2. Open up "X" (Blob in example). Click on the Scene Root. Paste the handle there (Paste Branch).

3. If you open the handle (+ sign) you'll find it has a Biped01 in it. That's the biped/skeleton system from the donor mesh. You don't want this so lets get rid of it.

4. Make Block Details visible if they aren't already (View menu). Click on handle. Scroll down until find Children. Open (+ sign) that. You'll see the second Biped01 in there proceeded by it's reference number.

5. Change the reference number to match the original Biped01's, in this case the number is 3. When you do this the second Biped system will spit out at the end of the file.

6. Delete the second Biped system that spit out at the end of the file (Delete Branch).

That's it. You can now proceed to manipulate the size and position of the work properly and/or save the file.