News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Mutants & Masterminds - Table Talk

Started by Reepicheep, January 03, 2018, 03:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reepicheep

Apologies for the radio silence over the last couple of weeks. I'll be starting this on Friday!

catwhowalksbyhimself

I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Deaths Jester

Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

UnkoMan

Oh gosh, I'm pumped on seeing how this will play out. Disparate writing styles coming together. Unique characters.
Intriguing, intriguing.

Oh yeah, and if I just want some DM message would I add something like:

REEP
Spoiler
Then write my stuff in the spoiler? Example, right now my character is sending out some ants to check things out, but she is nearby. She would be lightly scanning with her hive mind to see if any intelligent creatures are coming around and what their intentions are, so whatever dice rolls are needed for that sort of thing, I will leave in your hands. Would I mention things like that?
Though, she will also be generally trying that most of the time, as we have previously discussed. I don't know how many minute details of my actions I need to mention and ask for dice checks about?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Okay Unko, your character really wouldn't have seen mine.  She's wierder than I would have guess.  I look forward to seeing more.  A rather imaginative and varied group so far.

UnkoMan

Heh heh, yeah. She's new to... everything.
I am really loving how different the characters are so far. Can't wait to see GG's. I know she's been busy lately, but hopefully it's soon!
No pressure.

Reepicheep

I get a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vibe from the variety of characters. I really like it!

Unko:
Yeah, spoiler tags at the end of posts are perfect. I'll check all of them, so there's no real need to call me out. But if you want to say something with more volume, head on over here, I guess.

As for your actual question, I'll be doing things like background perception checks for exactly that. Even just mentioning that you're looking around or exploring or anything like that will trigger me to do a perception check. Your hive mind power won't override your perception skill, but there's kinda no need to given how high your perception skill is.

It's obviously none of my business, but I think GG has quite a lot on her plate. If she's up for joining us later, we'll find a way of involving her.

Also, if anyone wants to post a short, two to three line description of their character, I can add it to the reference post on this thread.

Reepicheep

I realised as I was writing that we never gave you a wall climbing effect for any of your powers, Unkoman. That was a pretty dumb oversight. I can't really give you an innate advantage over other characters who might have that effect for now, but after this first scene I'll give us a chance to revisit the character sheets.

Deaths Jester

I IMed GG over on G+ and let her know you'd started the game. I think once she gets the chance, she'll "drop" in.

Also, best to just go with how my character looks like for his description at the moment. Cause, you know...

Also, it's Wild Card, not Wildcard!

Reepicheep

I have a daily word quota, so I gotta cut down on them spacebars when I can.

I'll try and remember for next time.

UnkoMan

Oh yeah! How'd that slip by? I was just assuming the ants could climb the walls, you know? Whoops!
I was just about to climb up and in.

Hey, speaking of spoilers... what if you gave everybody's character their own spoiler for the perception stuff? (Presumably I will be getting a lot. Dunno about the other people.) Then we couldn't even accidentally get info from other people?
I don't know what people think about that, but it's something I have seen in the past on forum based RPGs.

Reepicheep

Under some circumstances, I will PM specific information to you. Particularly when a clue might require some ambiguous decision making. That sort of line of things. Otherwise, I trust folks not to metagame.

Keep in mind that you can communicate telepathically with the detachment of ants that you are using, but for the sake of fairness the Ant Queen character herself would need to be present to execute any specific feat.

Cat, what sort of Organ do you imagine Bill Morgan to have? I have in my head a small box held up by a strap around the neck, but I realise there are the larger varieties on wheels and all. You might have elaborated with me before,

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Reepicheep on February 03, 2018, 07:21:24 PM

Cat, what sort of Organ do you imagine Bill Morgan to have? I have in my head a small box held up by a strap around the neck, but I realise there are the larger varieties on wheels and all. You might have elaborated with me before,

I actually described it in my introduction, but yeah, exactly that.  Its one of the smaller ones.  It's portable and can be carried around.  Bill has also added a small platform next to the crank for the monkey to stand on.  This was custom built by him onto the original model.

Reepicheep

Ah yeah! That platform mention threw me off a bit. I think in that first post I managed to interpret it as a platform on which one could busk (reading back, I have no idea where that came from).

Cool, we're in sync.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I should also mention something that is definitely going to come up at some point.

Capuchin monkeys eat ants.  I cannot imagine that this will go over well.

Reep--if you did not already know this, you might want to change the result of that earlier perception check so that instead of seeing Confidence as a small human, the ants instead see him as a terrifying predator.  Completely up to you, of course.

Reepicheep

:gbthungry

Re: the edit. I'll leave that up to Unko; really it's down to him on how Queen Ant percieves or distinguishes things. I was just making a throwaway joke there.

UnkoMan

I pictured this:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ed/38/2d/ed382d78217f41c631eee35bc273afd8.jpg
In my mind.

She wouldn't have too much experience with other animals in general, but oh gosh, this is going to turn out poorly, ha ha ha!

Deaths Jester

So...Cat's monkey is going to eat Unko, I'm probably going to get irradiated by green dust and never get paid...oh this is going to go well. ;-)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: UnkoMan on February 03, 2018, 10:10:36 PM
I pictured this:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ed/38/2d/ed382d78217f41c631eee35bc273afd8.jpg
In my mind.

Basically correct.  I think the box is slightly wider, but that is essentially what I had in mind.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Fortunately confidence is not actually an ordinary monkey, so it's not likely to be a problem for long.  I was going to let this be revealed later, but since it's somewhat relevant now

Spoiler

Bill Morgan and his monkey have formed a sort of two being hive mind.  Once they realize the ants are part of a somewhat similar being, it won't be much of an issue.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm a bit wary of doing too much before GG's had her chance to post, although I suppose if her character shows up a bit later than the others it won't hurt anything.

Reepicheep

We haven't even finished her character sheet at this point, so we'll find a way later on to introduce the character if she's still up for taking part. I didn't want for you guys to be waiting nor for her to feel any pressure to complete the sheet.

Deaths Jester

So, it seems I'm the only one without a hive mind...great, just great...

Reepicheep

BAY DOORS! Thank you. That was bugging me that I couldn't remember what they were called.

Unko, are the questions that you are asking indicative of your actions, or are you just trying to tell if there is an opportunity? I'm going to assume the former when I make my post a little later, since you've got anything you need to know out of perception at this point. Let me know if it wasn't what you wanted me to do and I'll change it.

UnkoMan

Nah, it was perfect, thanks. Did exactly what I wanted.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I kinda feel bad, but Bill has no reason to stick around at this point.  If nothing else happens, he'll just go back to busking until something draws him back in again.  I have no problems sitting out a bit if that does happen.

Deaths Jester

No want to investigate why the warehouse exploded or why Wild Card is so intent on giving the place a once over or what the heck Unko is, Cat?!?

Reepicheep

Perhaps that particularly broken part of the conveyer belt might warrant a closer look.

I'll throw you a hook (or two) on your way out real quick. Bare with me.

Edit: also, yeah, totally let me know if your character feels out of place at all or you can't figure out what do with them. I'm still getting to know them as well. The scenes are adaptable, so hopefully you all should fit.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on February 04, 2018, 10:45:37 PM
No want to investigate why the warehouse exploded or why Wild Card is so intent on giving the place a once over or what the heck Unko is, Cat?!?

Nope.  He doesn't care.  He's a busker, not a full time superhero.  He stops a few purse snatches and shows up at emergencies to help people.  Beside, he's so strange himself that Queen Ant is hardly going to phase him and investigating stuff is other people's jobs, not his.  This isn't enough quite yet to draw him in.