News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Mutants & Masterminds - Table Talk

Started by Reepicheep, January 03, 2018, 03:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

See Reep, you got folks having fun and wanting to play..so let's get this back rolling!  Jeez....just because I'm not at the moment doesn't mean we need to stop it...hell, I might find it fun again further down the road..but without trying we won't ever find out.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

UnkoMan

Okay, so as players, we are agreed that we're cool to at least play out this scene however it goes.
Hopefully that's enough, Reep!

Personally, I thought it seemed like there was a lot of interesting stuff left to do around here, and I am curious to learn more.

Deaths Jester

Cat, what would you've done on your turn if it had continued?

<- contemplating something...maybe Gm the final bit and then have that talk Reep had mentioned to me and then see where it goes. I really don't want to gm it but if it's the only way to finish this segment, I'm willing to.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I was just going to blast the rat and hope my Inspirational boost was enough to protect the two of you.  That's why I was asking about timing.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Deaths Jester

The inspire would give the pcs an advantage on their rolls to resist the effect so there is a high potential it would work.

If Reep is willing to give me the info for the scenerio or if he comes back to gm it himself, we'll start with that round of action. Right now we just gotta wait and see what happens. 

Deaths Jester

Looks like this is pretty much done for. Since Reep posted his message he hasn't been back on FR. Either he's spending time with RL stuff, moved the game to another forum and leave me in the dark (guess I can't blame him for that), or who knows. I've thought of emailing him but that doesn't seem like the right thing to do or for me to be the one to do it. So I guess what was reached here is it. <sighes> Sorry folks...I guess pile the blame on me...I expected too much or have abnormal standards or am just a plain killjoy...whatever it is the fact that I wasn't enjoying the game yet killed it...my fault...sorry.

Edit: Someone who saw this and had been watching the game (and who I'd talked to a few times about the game) told me I shouldn't take the blame on my shoulders. This person says I should explain why I wasn't having fun and about the things that were marring the game. I'm not going to do that because it won't change anything or mean squat to anyone. What's done is done and really calling out the problems will not clean them up nor change things in the future. I'll take the blame on my shoulders...it's just easier.

This pretty much ends my posting game time...won't be participating in any anytime soon.

UnkoMan

I wanted to mention this earlier, but didn't want it to sound weird but, like... Don't beat yourself up about it, sheesh.
It was an experiment. While I DO think you just didn't let things naturally pan out, I DON'T think there's a need for anybody to feel any blame for anything, or for anybody to feel hurt about anything.
We're all pretend internet pals on this cool forum who just love superheroes. So, thumbs up, no big deal. If we want to try again sometime or start over or whatever, I certainly have no problem making more of a "standard" super hero, as I told you privately, and leaning more towards the game side of role playing game.

Anyhow, I hope the time is passed and things are all good now?! All good, no worries.

Deaths Jester

...and as I told you in private messages - some of it, at least - I would've let it naturally play out IF it weren't for some major things that kept the game from playing naturally. Those things kept the fun from happening for me and they were things that could've/should've been fixed, addressed (when it came to players at times), or patched by everyone the moment they came up instead of just moving on. Truthfully, the fault this failed falls on everyone to different degrees. I'm just more willing to step up and take it on my shoulders than point out the problems or let anyone else bear the fault. Anyway, if it weren't for my not having fun this might still be going and Reep might've not disappeared into the internet. So, it's my fault...just accept that and let me bear it as I see fit because, in the end, I'll actually feel better about the whole thing that way.

And like I said in the update, it's easier this way. No one gets ticked off or have their feelings hurt or turned off of rpgs...just easier this way.