News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

How come...

Started by daglob, February 03, 2018, 07:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

... some of the wireframes are really bizarre. Like Fusions's booted characters, such as Male Urban or Tommy has a Male Versatile mesh that the "shoulder flaps" cover more than the area of the texture. I have found a few others with minor or massive problems and used Nifscope to fix them when I could, but does anyone know why it happens?

I should probably ask this of one of the meshers, but does anyone around her now know?

daglob

I'm bumping this up. I've seen several more meshes with crazy mapping lately. The Deadwarriors all seem to come from a single texture that overlaps itself, and they have fusionboots that have nonsensical wire maps. The spy car looks like it should have a mirrored layout but the sides overlap each end, and the bottom overlaps the top. Does anyone have an idea what causes this? Is there a cure, like maybe with Blender?

SickAlice

That pretty much. That and unwrapping used to be a bit less cumbersome. I've seen some pieces the same though and think they may have been done by hand in like Gmax or something back in the day. I know when I first tried modelling I made a lot of bad texture assignments like that. I fix them in Milkshape then reimport them myself whether into Blender or what not but I think Fusion stuff was off limits? But retexturing them is the cure anyways.