News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

*blinks*

Started by Flying_Infant, February 15, 2018, 02:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying_Infant

*walks in* I....I'd forgotten all about this place.....omg the memories!!!

*faints*

Deaths Jester

Everyone's coming back! The Day of the Old FRers is upon us!

...Oh and hey, Infant!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

MikeB7

Ephemeris

MikeB7

Flying_Infant

Omg DJ! Eph you're alive! *hugs Mikey and Jubby since he's got em on FB* how the heck is everyone?

Deaths Jester

Drunk and disorderly?!? Wait...those aren't "doing" words!! Why the 'ell did that cop give me this script with these words on them to read?!?

Next_Legend

Right?! Scrolling through here really brought me back.

Deaths Jester

Well I'll be...it's Next Legend...all the old FRers really are coming back!  Hey NL!!

MJB

Quote from: Deaths Jester on February 15, 2018, 02:43:36 AM
Everyone's coming back! The Day of the Old FRers is upon us!

...Oh and hey, Infant!

"OLD FRers" WTF do you mean by that, yo?! :p

((Hi FI))

Deaths Jester

<a blood vessel on MJB's forehead pops, killing him>

Oh great, MJB forgot to take his blood pressure pills again.

daglob

That's okay... we have the technology...

Tomato

So... Am I an old timer or a youngun? Because I've TECHNICALLY been around the community since the skindex and electric freedom, but I've taken like 6 hiatuses at this point (not to mention being booted from ef that one time...)

Deaths Jester

I'd call you an honorary Old timer because you were around before the 2nd gen (midtermers) came about but weren't there at the very, very beginning persay - I know, you kinda were but there were...circumstances with that as you've pointed out elsewhere - like Firestorm, Gryphon, MJB, Mikey, Gg, myself, and others. That make any sense?!? In the end, you fall more into old timer than any of the other "categories".

Edit: And I remember when Volt removed you from EF... was a...odd and volatile time. Much like the time "He Who Shall Go Unnamed" got banned from FR for his views and such.

Tomato

Good, because every so often I feel the urge to tell stories to these young whippersnappers on the site, and if I wasn't an old timer that wouldn't be appropriate.

Side note, to be fair to Volt... I absolutely deserved being kicked out at that point. I was a notorious kittbasher, and one of the stipulations for me being on EF in the first place was to knock it off. But I was doing the Kingdom Come Titans, and those weird arm gauntlets on Red Arrow were just SO MUUUUCH WORK, so I just copied the ones directly from Gryphon's Green Arrow with a minor color change. When confronted I tried to "fix" my mistake by doing it like I should have the first time... took maybe 5-10 minutes.

Deaths Jester

Yeah well, I've forgotten too much to pull the "in my hey day" which is a clear sign of old agehood...or too much booze...gotta be the first cause there never is such a thing as too much booze.

Spoiler

Also never knew Volt had stipulations on some EF members for inclusion. Course I didn't pay a lot of attention to stuff back then...was just pumping out skins like a madman. I'd already established myself as one who tried out new ideas/techniques early on and had a small cult following by the time I moved to EF. That and ppl seemed to leave me to my own stuff mostly back then anyways so I didn't get pulled into as much of the extra "drama"/whatnot or in the know of happenings/decisions back then. Probably is one reason I never gained Titan/mod status all these years nor really sought it either.

Next_Legend

Quote from: Deaths Jester on March 23, 2018, 09:27:30 PM
Well I'll be...it's Next Legend...all the old FRers really are coming back!  Hey NL!!

Hey man! Yeah, long time. The "old" label is probably appropriate for me now, even though I must have been one of the younger members back in the day.

Quote from: Deaths Jester on April 04, 2018, 02:16:14 AM
Yeah well, I've forgotten too much to pull the "in my hey day" which is a clear sign of old agehood...or too much booze...gotta be the first cause there never is such a thing as too much booze.

I totally forgot a lot of this stuff too, I feel like my brain just got a bunch of memories back reading this and it hurts, so I'm going try this booze thing.

Deaths Jester

Your one of the younger ones of the old ones, NL...I remember when you joined up back on the older version of FR...:)

Yes, booze helps with everything..makes the brain all nice and relaxed and wonderful tasting and..ummm...nevermind...