News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Freedom Force 1 Crashing

Started by midnightphoenix123, March 24, 2018, 03:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnightphoenix123

Hello everyone, I've been a lurker on this forum for quite a long time, and am finally getting around to posting.

I have recently gotten back into Freedom Force, specifically the 3rd Reich (being that the first game won't run on my computer without crashing) and I have been adding in some custom meshes and skins to my game and I have been running into a few issues with some characters.

I came across these skins on this website http://ffmuseum.freedomforceforever.com/ff_museum/Anniversary.html (not sure if they are available anywhere else?) And I have had problems with both.

Adam goes onto a Hawkeye Mesh and his skin shows up as Hawkeye but with a darker colored bow. I am not sure if something is wrong with the files or what excatly is going on there.

Alchemister shows up but has a blue tint over the skin and I am not sure what is up with that either.

Anyone have any ideas?

daglob

Okay, looking at Adam, I have Adam 2, which has been altered to go on Male Archer Round (with a round quiver) also by The Beyonder. It still had the original readme for the Hawkeye mesh. That seems to be the one at the FFMuseum.

Now, that blue color usually shows up on my computer when a texture is the wrong size. I downloaded the skin again and tried to load it in CTool and it crashed.

If you give me an e-mail address, I'll send you my versions.

Cyber Burn

Welcome to the boards Midnight. Just out of curiosity, are your texture (Skin) files for Adam (.tga) or (.dds)? If they are (.tga), try converting them to (.dds) format, and see if that resolves your problem.

midnightphoenix123

Quote from: daglob on March 24, 2018, 04:18:26 AM
Okay, looking at Adam, I have Adam 2, which has been altered to go on Male Archer Round (with a round quiver) also by The Beyonder. It still had the original readme for the Hawkeye mesh. That seems to be the one at the FFMuseum.

Now, that blue color usually shows up on my computer when a texture is the wrong size. I downloaded the skin again and tried to load it in CTool and it crashed.

If you give me an e-mail address, I'll send you my versions.

Thank you for the quick respone! I sent a pm to you, I hope that's ok. I think it went through, but I am not entirely positive.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 24, 2018, 04:31:52 AM
Welcome to the boards Midnight. Just out of curiosity, are your texture (Skin) files for Adam (.tga) or (.dds)? If they are (.tga), try converting them to (.dds) format, and see if that resolves your problem.

Thank you for the welcome!

They are .tga files. I just converted them all to .dds format and it still shows up the same unfortunately.

daglob

Alchemister and Adam are on their way, along with the appropriate meshes.

midnightphoenix123

Quote from: daglob on March 24, 2018, 05:32:39 AM
Alchemister and Adam are on their way, along with the appropriate meshes.

Thank you so much!

WyldFyre

I'll try to check those files. I had to fix a couple before that were reported by The Baroness. If there is a file issue I'll try to get it resolved.
For Freedom!

midnightphoenix123

Quote from: WyldFyre on March 25, 2018, 07:37:09 PM
I'll try to check those files. I had to fix a couple before that were reported by The Baroness. If there is a file issue I'll try to get it resolved.

Thankfully daglob had the correct files for Adam and Alchemister. At this point I have all the genderbent characters functioning except for Liberty Lass. It could just be me, or maybe I did something wrong when installing, but she wasn't wearing what she was supposed to be wearing.

daglob

Well, that's surprising. The zip includes Liberty Girl instead of Liberty Lass.

Check you mailbox in a little while.

Um... tomorrow maybe? I know I have that, I just don't remember what the proper name of the character is.

midnightphoenix123

Quote from: daglob on March 26, 2018, 03:31:54 AM
Well, that's surprising. The zip includes Liberty Girl instead of Liberty Lass.

Check you mailbox in a little while.

Um... tomorrow maybe? I know I have that, I just don't remember what the proper name of the character is.

Thank you so much for sending the proper files to me! You're the best!

midnightphoenix123

I figured since I have this thread I might as well use it for my new issue!

I own the first Freedom Force on disk, and it doesn't want to work correctly on my Windows 10 computer. I almost feel like that is expected but I have seen other people get it to work, though It seems the more popular version of the game is the Steam version now so I am not sure if that makes a difference.

I can get the game to start up fine, the menu loads and works fine, I can hit new game and it will play the intro to the game but as soon as the actual game gets to where it needs to load up so you can play the game freezes and then crashes. I have tried running compatibility mode which didn't seem to work when I tried it out, and I also run it as administrator which also doesn't seem to make a difference.

Does anyone know what I could do to possibly get the game to work?

bearded

midnightphoenix123

Quote from: bearded on April 25, 2018, 02:22:02 PM
Try the steam fforce.exe, it fixed my problems.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/8880/discussions/0/358416640398103145/

I actually just got the Steam version a few weeks ago! Unfortunately I have the issue where the pointer doesn't let you do anything. And I have tried all the fixes and they don't seem to work for me.