News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

White problem

Started by oktokels, April 30, 2018, 10:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oktokels

Hello everybody, im Having problem with some characters. This is the problem:

Anybody know how to fix the white areas of these characters? Most of them are made by detourne

Thx

daglob

That looks like a texture is missing, but I'm not sure.

Okay, while that is often a cause of a white mesh, I've looked at mine and there is no "standard" folder. Try re-naming one of the skins (I used 'Avengers') to "standard". It probably won't hurt. What seems to be going on is one of the other meshes is showing up, and that could be a problem with your graphics card. I have no solution for that; it's the reason I can't see alpha channels in my FF1 game. If a texture is missing, I would guess it is the GLOW for one of the other meshes that overlap this scope.

Hopefully, someone will have a better solution,.

detourne_me

I cant see what the problem is oktokels. Can you describe it to me, and which meshes @pecifically have the problem?

oktokels

The characters MCU captain america, MAA man thing and MMA werewolf by night, all are covered in white in some areas of their bodies. Try changing skins but the problem is still there... I have checked and all of them have a standard folder.   :doh:  :( :(

p.d. by the way, congratz on your work, been really enjoying some of the characters you have made  :thumbup:

daglob

For what it's worth: my copy of Photoshop won't save the really small REFL and GLOW textures as small as you have them. The meshes he mentions all show up in CTool, but I can't say if they work in FFv3R or not.

It was a different Cap mesh I was looking at. Sorry.

detourne_me

Oh it seems like an alpha problem then.
Maybe an issue with your graphics card.
I think the easiest way to fix it would be to choose a skin you like best, and hide the other meshes in the character.nif in nifskope.

Cyber Burn

Not sure it will work, haven't tried this in-game, but give this a try and let me know what happens:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9123o4c9230vtxq/MCU_Captain_America_dm_alt.zip

oktokels

Thx guys ill see if it works  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Then you could also try this one as well: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b6u3c8x57qe9uun/MCU_Captain_America_dm_V3.zip

I've only made minor tweaks to each, just because time is so limited, but if neither of these work, my college classes finish in a few weeks, and I'll try again.

oktokels

Quote from: detourne_me on May 01, 2018, 12:05:16 AM
Oh it seems like an alpha problem then.
Maybe an issue with your graphics card.
I think the easiest way to fix it would be to choose a skin you like best, and hide the other meshes in the character.nif in nifskope.

Ok, i downloaded nifskope but i dont know what im doing and got lost lol, tried to find the other meshes but dont know where they are in nifskope

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 01, 2018, 12:10:11 AM
Not sure it will work, haven't tried this in-game, but give this a try and let me know what happens:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9123o4c9230vtxq/MCU_Captain_America_dm_alt.zip

Didnt work, same problem : (

detourne_me

OK, open up one of the meshes in NifSkope, for example MCU_Captain_America_dm and left click on the body. The specific mesh will become highlighted in the Block List on the left.
Just right click it and go to the Flag option.  See below:
Spoiler
Now click the Hidden box to hide that piece.
Spoiler
Accept that and do the same to another body.
Now you'll only have 1 body to show, so you can save that as a character.nif
Now only 1 of the 3 bodies will show. the white pieces will be gone.

oktokels

Quote from: detourne_me on May 01, 2018, 03:46:55 PM
OK, open up one of the meshes in NifSkope, for example MCU_Captain_America_dm and left click on the body. The specific mesh will become highlighted in the Block List on the left.
Just right click it and go to the Flag option.  See below:
Spoiler
Now click the Hidden box to hide that piece.
Spoiler
Accept that and do the same to another body.
Now you'll only have 1 body to show, so you can save that as a character.nif
Now only 1 of the 3 bodies will show. the white pieces will be gone.

worked perfectly, thx man !!!  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: