Antman and the Wasp

Started by BentonGrey, May 01, 2018, 08:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

I know we've got a Marvel Movies thread, but there is a LOT happening right now, and some subdivision seems called for.  To that end, new trailer for this movie:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-ant-man-and-the-wasp-trailer-delivers-massive-/1100-6458630/?utm_campaign=20160510&utm_medium=email&utm_source=weekly_newsletter

Looks great!  I loved the first one and can't wait to see this one.

That bit at the end, though:
Spoiler
Cool!  Black Goliath!  Now I really want to see a period piece, maybe Blaxploitation style Black Goliath movie!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Shogunn2517

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 01, 2018, 08:43:09 PM
That bit at the end, though:
Spoiler
Cool!  Black Goliath!  Now I really want to see a period piece, maybe Blaxploitation style Black Goliath movie!

That would be a REALLY interesting direction!  We've seen WWII, Sci-Fi, Buddy Comedy, Spy, Shakespearean.  Wonder what this would look like. Lol

BentonGrey

I can't even imagine, but I bet it would be fun!  The period would be about right.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Silver Shocker

Movie looks like a lot of fun. I was happy to see more Micheal Pena, and a lot more of the Ghost. We didn't see much her of her in the first trailer, I think it was just a headshot. I got a kick out of hearing Cassie say she wants to fight crime like her dad, I like to think that's a reference to Stature/Stinger.

Spoiler
While I liked that the movie/trailer namedrops Goliath, he calls it "Project Goliath" and talks about growing huge. But I'm not sure if he was ever fighting crime as a superhero. One thing's for sure though, that is one Giant Size Ant-Man!

I'd also forgotten that they're calling the Microverse the "Quantum Realm". That's going to take some getting used to.

EDIT: Here's something else: You can see Janet as the Wasp in the trailer in one or more shots. One of them could be another flashback, the other is her flying past Scott in the Quantum Realm, which if true, means Scott will find her there in the present day. Which should be cool. I wonder if she find her way out? Then after all these years, Jan as the Wasp will have finally made into the MCU beyond just a flashback.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

crimsonquill

Quote from: Silver Shocker on May 01, 2018, 10:26:53 PM
Spoiler
EDIT: Here's something else: You can see Janet as the Wasp in the trailer in one or more shots. One of them could be another flashback, the other is her flying past Scott in the Quantum Realm, which if true, means Scott will find her there in the present day. Which should be cool. I wonder if she find her way out? Then after all these years, Jan as the Wasp will have finally made into the MCU beyond just a flashback.

The answer to that question is...

Spoiler
revealed in the poster they released at the same time as the trailer. You can see Michelle Pfeiffer wearing the original Wasp armor and I'm expecting their rescue mission for her in the Quantum Realm to be how they escape the ending of Infinity War.

"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Shogunn2517

Saw it last night and it was good of course.

No real complaints.  It ended pretty much how I expected.  All the way around.

I've never really been a fan of Ant-Man up until these movies, which made him(and the Wasp) more of a hero than I ever could have thought.  Honestly though, these movies, which is much of Marvel's formula work very well outside of think it's just a typical superhero movie.  The last Ant-Man, I saw more of a social commentary on our penal system.  This one, it's hard to not be touched by the dynamic between a parent and child.  This movie had a lot of heart, good comedy and the action here was stepped up quite a bit from the first.

At this point if anyone really needs a recommendation to see this then it's hard to imagine any would do.  There's enough in this for everyone to enjoy.

detourne_me

Yup. I completely agree with you. This is the type of movie that youd watch on tv on a sunday afternoon with the family.
Just a competent, definitely funny, heartfelt movie without a bad bone in it.

Silver Shocker

Aw crumbs. I had a nice long post but the board ate it. To sum it quick, saw it yesterday. Quite enjoyed it. Probably like the first one better.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa