News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Bullet animation

Started by oktokels, May 02, 2018, 12:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oktokels

Anybody know how to fix the position of the output of a projectile? ..i have a problem with a particular character that have a gun, but the bullet doesnt shoot from the right place  :wacko:

thx  :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

I would say to check in FFEdit to see where that particular FX emanates from, if it comes from the wrong place, copy it, and then change the launch and core points to "Weapon".

IMPORTANT: BACK UP YOUR DAT FILE FIRST.

Cyber Burn

Just out of curiosity, were you able to get this fixed?

oktokels

Nope, i think the problem its the char and not the fx. I tried the same fx in other characters and no problem. ..

Cyber Burn

Since different Meshes have different weapon nodes, can I ask what Mesh and what FX you are using? That would allow someone to give you better advice on this matter.

spydermann93

Yeah, Cyber has it right. It has to do with how the nodes are placed on the mesh and how they are handled through the mesh's keyframes. It can be fixed, but it's a pretty tedious process.

oktokels

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 13, 2018, 03:12:48 AM
Since different Meshes have different weapon nodes, can I ask what Mesh and what FX you are using? That would allow someone to give you better advice on this matter.

the char is mcu_black_widow_dm and im using a normal bullet fx, i think is nazi soldier projectile mp40. Im using a ranged 2 animation, but i tried ranged 1 too.

Cyber Burn

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wcj6da728r1v4kf/MCU_Black_Widow_dm_V2.7z

This should fix the issue you're having. I gave the Mesh a new weapon node and removed the old one. I also tried it in-game with the Nazi soldier projectile mp40 FX. It appears to work alright, but a second opinion wouldn't hurt.

Cyber Burn

Just out of curiosity, did this fix the issue with the FX? Or should I ditch this Link?

oktokels

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 16, 2018, 03:20:03 PM
Just out of curiosity, did this fix the issue with the FX? Or should I ditch this Link?

sorry man, im away from the game right now, but maybe tonight i'll check it out. i keep you informed.

oktokels

hey it worked perfectly, thx man !!! cheers  :thumbup: :thumbup: