Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Celebrate Freedom!

Author Topic: Deadpool 2!  (Read 377 times)

Offline detourne_me

• Manipulator of mental motion sickness
    • Force of Paradox!
Deadpool 2!
« on: May 16, 2018, 01:43:23 PM »
I just gotta say that this movie was much better than the 1st in my opinion.  It might even be the best X related film. Logan is still up there, but the fanservice in Deadpool 2 is crazy.
If you go, stay for the mid-credits scenes, but there is nothing after the credits, unless you want to hear some of the original score again... which is pretty good. Holy run-on sentence batman.

A lot of deep cuts and references in this movie, including one of my faves (minor character spoiler)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Shogunn2517

• He's Got Your Hero Right Here
Re: Deadpool 2!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 05:31:47 AM »
You forgot to mention one of the better related  character spoilers...

He was pretty much everything I was hoping for and hoped to see since... even before 2006.

Overall though, I wouldn't say it was much better than the first.  That's not the say anything bad about either entries.  I liked them both.  Though unfortunately at this point I personally felt the jokes and 4th wall breaking was less "fresh" this time around as before it was rather new to people unfamiliar with the the character.  But I liked it.  It was certainly "bigger" than the first.  There was much more going on.  Brolin did a better job than I anticipated with Cable.  Still not entirely too sure what his powers are. Lol.  I do have to say of all though, I was COMPLETELY digging and wanting to see waaaaaaaay much more of Domino.  Zazie Beetz did an awesome job.  I know some have made hay over her, but vitiligo made believable sense to me IMO.

One thing that did bother me though:

Offline detourne_me

• Force of Paradox!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 05:51:08 PM »
Shogunn, RE your 2nd spoiler:

Offline crimsonquill

• Sound Master
  • One Voice To Rule Them All
    • CrimsonQuill Productions
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 09:07:06 AM »
Regarding the X-Force team in Deadpool 2..

- CQ
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:18:32 AM by crimsonquill »
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
  • May the Porg be with you.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 11:55:47 AM »
As Deadpool and Weasel said in the commercials: Lives up to the hype, A++, probably don't even need to make a 3rd one. (The first one's still probably better though). Funniest movie I've seen in years. Josh Brolin's Cable was kinda perfect, the fanservice and cameos is this were pretty great, and yes, Domino was actually a lot better than I was expecting. She had both a playfulness and straight man quality that fit in well with the rest of the cast. And luck is definitely a superpower and a very cool one. Just as I figured, it's the Iron Man 2/Avengers 2/Batman Returns of Deadpool movies in that it's strength (other than the humor and Ryan Reynolds) is also its weakness and can be summed up with the phrase "more ambitious". More characters, more deep cut references, more gags, more fanservice, more world-building and a post-credit gag so impossible to top that I can't imagine what they'd do for one in Deadpool 3.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 01:03:43 PM by Silver Shocker »
"I just love doing cameos!"
~Stan Lee, 1922-2018

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 02:38:32 PM »
We saw it, and it was utterly, utterly delightful.  This was one of the funniest things I've seen in ages, and we all loved it unapologetically.  I think we would all rate it higher than 1.

I don't have a lot specific to say other than:
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey/
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey2

Offline Shogunn2517

• He's Got Your Hero Right Here
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 09:06:18 PM »

Seconded.  Even though it's kinda sad it takes Deadpool to give it to us.  Ah well.  Still nice to see.

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 09:58:46 PM »

Seconded.  Even though it's kinda sad it takes Deadpool to give it to us.  Ah well.  Still nice to see.

Yep, agreed on both points.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey/
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey2

Offline detourne_me

• Force of Paradox!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 02:45:18 AM »
It seems like the filmmakers agreed with you guys, name dropping the specific issue they had a bar fight to demonstrate the significance.

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 04:26:56 AM »
Bit late to the party,but it was good.X-Force gag was...well,Im not really mad,it was an obvious trolling.Considering how fast we are moving thru Marvel properties,I think a serious X-Force movie will happen sooner or later.
Now,EVERY single line Deadpool said was a reference to something.And it gets a bit annoying.Like Scream x1000.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer