An odd request - please download, unzip, rezip, and send me some meshes.

Started by detourne_me, May 19, 2018, 05:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

It's letting me download them; don't know if there is really anything there or not.

Where do you want them sent?

spydermann93

Have you seen if you can open them? I could download them all except for Spidey, but none of them opened.

daglob

I'm not sure. I can unzip them, but I haven't been able to load them into Blender or Nifscope.

daglob

Then again, I have no idea what I am doing.

It clocks in at close to 50 mb, so here is a Mediafire link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?616ms5eysv7g6

I can look at the textures, anyway. I don't know about anything else.

detourne_me

These files wont be able to be opened in blender, they are for XNA Lara, a free program that I use to adjust proportions and stance and then export to obj for Blender.
Its awesome that you can open up the zip files. I have no idea why spyder and I can download but not open them.

Cyber Burn

Hey DM, do you happen to have a link for XNA Lara? I had found a few Weapons a while back that had been in that format that I couldn't do anything with that I'd love to play with.

cranlox

THE ONLY VERSION I HAVE OF THE PROGRAM XNLARA
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2addu81kbut6suo/XNALara9.7.8.zip

Download those rar devianart and tell me they are damaged or in unknown format. It seems strange to me. Apologies for not being able to help

detourne_me

Thank you DaGlob!  the unzipped folders work great, it's just really weird why I can't open the original zips.

Thanks for that link, too Cranlox.  Usually I use version 11, available here:
http://www.core-design.com/community_xps.html

It's really cool, and can be fun posing some of the characters.

When I use it for importing meshes, first I take the base mesh in Blender, delete everything except the actual editable mesh, and convert it into a static obj, or an fbx (that I convert into an obj with autodesk fbx convertor)

Then in XPS (XNA Posing Studio) I load the generic_mesh of the character I want to import, and the static obj of the base mesh.  Then I pose and adjust the imported character to match the base mesh as much as possible, before exporting it as a static obj. This makes it easier to do the bone weight copy in Blender to rig the new mesh.

cranlox

You explained it excellent. The truth is that I still can not use blender on my old computer, and how little I know it's out of pure curiosity.
Is there any way to help you facilitate your import of characters?
It helps you to look for some in some type of file or something else.
Greetings and again thanks for your contributions

detourne_me

The best way to help me is by getting these zips I cant open.
Thankfully, Daglob got this batch of meshes, I'm sure there will be more, later, though.

cranlox

detourne_me

Another quick request here...
Does anybody have Afghan Ant's Street Fighter M. Bison skin?
I have a craving to do a skope for him, but haven't had a copy of that skin in years.
Thanks!

daglob

I have what seems to be a very old M. Bison mesh and skin. If you follow the link above it will take you back to the same folder. There is a Male Basic scope in the archive.

detourne_me

Thanks for the help DaGlob,  unfortunately that's not the skin/hex that AA released.
Does anybody else have it?

daglob

Then I, too, would be interested in it. I thought that he did one when he did Cammy and some other stuff like that, but I don't seem to have it. Unless, of course, it had some other name.

Cyber Burn

I'all try to check my Files this weekend and see if I can find it. Sounds familiar, so hopefully I'll get lucky.