News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DCUG Tuneup

Started by BentonGrey, May 20, 2018, 03:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Thanks DG, that was helpful!

So, new question.  Anyone know how to make a character lose energy or have other bad effects from being stasised? 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

It should be possible with "Vunlerability". Set the trigger to isStasis and set the range to 0.

Alternatively, you could add an "Accidental Change" where he swaps to a weaker form for a bit and give him the "Mad" (or is it "Insane"?) attribute where he'll get random status afflictions every now and then.

BentonGrey

Ahh, perfect Spyder.  Thanks man!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, I'm back at it, and, among other things, I'm working on a range of alien Green Lanterns to round out the Lantern Corps. for the DCUG.  I'm wondering what suggestions folks have to make the following characters a bit unique:

• Galius Zed: The giant head guy that looks like a ball.
  • Katma Tui: Red skinned, heroic successor to Sinestro.
  • Larvox: Plant-like member of the Corps.
  • Naut Ke Loi: Aquatic member of the Corps.
  • Salaak: Multi-armed coordinator of the Corps.
  • Stel: Multi-armed coordinator of the Corps.

I'll probably also need some simple green skins for stuff for character-specific constructs eventually too.

So, what do y'all think?
God Bless

Tomato

I'm on my phone so it's hard to do an itemized check, but

http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/green.html

Has at least Salaak and Katma Tui, and Zulius Zox is just a red lantern Galius Zed.

Edit:yeah, from what I can see, everyone you listed is there but Galius and Stel.

BentonGrey

Thanks, 'Mato!  I'm talking about herofiles, rather than art assets.  I've actually got all of these from SA already. :)
God Bless

Jimaras8

I wish i would be more of help in that area but i'm wondering how you are gonna diversify their powersets Benton. There are only so many green FX in the game  :P. If there is one person who can pull it off it is you. Btw, did you finish the expansion packing?

BentonGrey

Well, what I've decided is to give them the proper stats as determined by research, but then try to give them one unique attribute and one or two unique powers.  I'm also trying to give at least one or two of the standard GL 'suite' of powers a custom look, even if it does the same thing.  That way, there doesn't have to bee too much diversification, but each of these guys will feel a little unique and bring different things to the battlefield.  I've got a pretty good handle on most of them, but I could really use some suggestions for some of the others.  Here's what I've got-

Galius: He's from a high gravity planet, so he's strong and tough, and as we've seen in some of his appearances, he likes to sort of 'cannonball special' himself at bad guys.  So, his special power is a charge attack.  If I can find some good keys that won't distort him terribly, I'd love to have a bouncing around multi-contact melee attack for him as well.  I've made the standard ranged explosive attack for him an asteroid, and he also has the power to density max an enemy, simulating his experience with heavy gravity.  His attribute is Hot Tempered, because he definitely has a fiery attitude. 

Medphyll: This plant-based lifeform has wood material type, and I figure he'd have plant-themed constructs.  So, he's got a direct attack with a tree golem that can put a foe into stasis as well as do damage, and his knockback projectile will be tree-themed if I can figure it out.  I've thought about giving him Puppet Master: Nature, but I think that might be overkill for a GL.  He's also Solar Powered, to reflect his plant nature.

Naut: As a marine being, he's strong and hardy, and he's got Aquaman-style wood material type, making him tough but vulnerable to heat.  He's got an area attack that is an 'emerald whirlpool,' and his explosive projectile is a 'sea serpent'.  He's also apparently got poison scales, so I've given him an acid burn melee attack as well.

Stel: This robotic Lantern is obviously metal and has a Cybernetic Brain.  He's got a 3 contact melee combo and a stunning emerald electrical attack.  His explosive projectile is a robot rocket fist.  Any other cool ideas for him?

I'm still trying to figure out what to do for-

• Larvox: He's apparently an insectoid creature, part of a hive-mind.  I was thinking about giving him green ants to summon and as one of his attacks, but I'm not sure what else to do with him.
  • Green Man: I've got no good ideas for him.
  • Katma Tui: Same here.  She's an old pro, but I'm not sure how to make her unique. 
  • Salaak: I have a good idea of what I want him to be like, actually; I just haven't figured out the specifics. I'm thinking that he's more of a tactical officer and logistical guy, so he should be a team player and enhance allies.  I'm not entirely sure what that should look like, though.  Ideas?

Also, I'm going back and tweaking my other Lanterns.  What does your John Stewart look like?  Mine is rather boring at the moment.  I'm using the JLU style 'marine' background for him, as well as the architect.  I haven't found a good way to incorporate the latter, but he summons emerald marines as one of his constructs.

How about Arkiss Chummuck?

Tomar-Re?
God Bless

Panther_Gunn

Without digging into it, here's a couple of thoughts:

Tomar-Re:  he's old-school, an experienced Lantern when Hal was still wet behind the ears.  Maybe have him be the standard everyone else is a deviation off of?  Hal may have introduced a more individualistic trait into the Corps.

Green Man:  which one are you using, the first one, or the second?  The first one quit the Corps and joined the Omega Men, and was eventually killed by Durlans during the Invasion! mini.  Their race frowns upon individuality, and the first one rebelled against that, so I would suggest that he have *all* different effects from everyone else.

Salaak:  isn't there some kind of tactical or team leader attribute?  something similar to symbiote or something, where his presence on the team improves everyone else?
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

SickAlice

When I was doing those nifs the things I felt that were missing in some cases were certain animations for certain characters that in turn color the essence of their character. Salaak would have benefited from a computer like one or the other of the Batman meshes out there has. He's often seen in the comic clacking away on an LED screen, moreso than all else even. Naturally his arm animations need work, I cheated on mine. The other of the ones you mentioned was Stel. I gave him the typical lantern stuff but he's supposed to have some sort of transforming components as well guns that pop out. Anyways for attributes then I think you have it but I would add computer interfacing type stuff to Salaak, possibly an actual point in a mission where he's required to hack into something to open a door or shut down a defense system or something.

BentonGrey

Great stuff, PG!  Those are helpful. 

Tomar: Yeah, that makes sense.

Green Man: I'm using the former, and I had similar thoughts, but I'm not quite sure what those custom ones should be.

Salaak: Coordinator!  Good call!

SA: Yeah, there are things it would be cool for them to have, but you've done an amazing job with all of these guys!  I'm really thankful for the breadth of your GL work!  :D  Yeah, Salaak having some computer skills makes sense.  I'm thinking of maybe giving him 'Genetic Damage,' which is one of my usual 'smart guy' powers, or a Power Null, something to show him outwitting or working around a foe.  You know, funnily enoguh, I could have sworn that I saw a Salaak skope that had that Batman computer thing.  Weird.

Any more ideas, guys?  SA, you are clearly a GL fan; any ideas for some of those others?
God Bless

SickAlice

I guess for Stel in general he should model after War Machine. Tough as nails and difficult to damage and doles out heavy artillery. That pretty much captures his on panel character in a nutshell.

Actually I suppose I should mention if anyone wants and is planning on doing anything I still have every template file I used for the Lantern stuff I did be it base nifs, Blender rigs and PS files with complete stencils. If anyone needs em just ask. I also can walk anyone through the process of making a conformed to shape aura which tends to be the part that takes a bit of work otherwise.

BentonGrey

Cool, thanks man!  Maybe someone will take you up on that.

Stel: Okay, that's helpful.  I have some cool ideas now that will make him sorta' like Warmachine. 
God Bless

BentonGrey

Just thinking out loud here, but I have been going back and forth about how to handle the Lanterns.  My first plan was to give them all FF Active Defenses because I hate  :ffvstr: active defenses so much.  This takes more work, and I am still having problems with getting the AI to use them, so I had been toying with just giving them Energy Shield (Active) as well as the Energy Shield (Passive) they already have.  However, I did some testing today, and unfortunately, that combination just doesn't give them the survivability they should have.  Their energy gets battered down and then, of course, the passive shield can't do squat.  So, now I'm back to the FF AD plan.  Hopefully, I can convince one of our remaining AI whizzes to fiddle with this once I get everyone built-in.

On a more pertinent note, I think I've got pretty good grasps on everyone but Larvox and Katma Tui.  I'm not full of ideas for Green Man, but I think I can figure something out.  Any ideas for the former two?
God Bless

BentonGrey

Howdy guys!  So, I've made some more progress and have fleshed each of these guys out pretty well, I think.  I'll be posting a range of HFs soon for feedback.  First, though, my imagination could use a little reinforcement.  I've been reading GL stories and rewatching the old cartoon for inspiration, and that's done some good.  Still, I find myself straining for a little more variety.  I've created several new FX to give myself more options, but what I'm running into is a lack of ideas for different types of things for the ring-slingers to do.  I'm using a more grounded, rational version of the power ring that is more construct based, like the Timmverse version (as with most things in the DCUG), so not everything imaginable is possible for such a build. 

My standard build has a medium damage energy projectile, a high damage energy beam, a high damage energy explosive projectile, and a crystalize swap for ring-created cages.  I've also usually got a knockback-heavy crushing projectile.  What other kinds of things could the various Lanterns do that would fit the framework described above?  Any ideas?  Do any of your Lanterns do something interesting?  My guys all get Summoner and Plasma Sculptor in attributes, so it's powers I'm thinking about.
God Bless

oktokels

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 10, 2020, 09:42:32 PM
My standard build has a medium damage energy projectile, a high damage energy beam, a high damage energy explosive projectile, and a crystalize swap for ring-created cages.
That's pretty much what i've been using for my lanterns, except for the cristalize swap. I used a ranged grapple swap, because i imagine the lantern really focusing on trapping the enemy, by that means that he cannot move freely while grappling an enemy. For my game, only high level lanterns, like the guardians, parallax, etc can mantain various constructs at the same time.

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 10, 2020, 09:42:32 PMWhat other kinds of things could the various Lanterns do that would fit the framework described above?  Any ideas?  Do any of your Lanterns do something interesting?  My guys all get Summoner and Plasma Sculptor in attributes, so it's powers I'm thinking about.
I didnt give all my lanterns the summoner attribute, given the above reasons, only high level lanterns can mantain various constructs simultaneously.
Some of my lanterns have powers that incline them to the support role:
- a high area rally power for leader type characters.
- a high area energize power:  Some lanterns have a cool area animation where they take out their lanterns and charge the ring, so i expanded that to give allies a boost on energy.
- 300 percenter: some lanterns can augment their power.
- cloak of shadows: some lanterns can make themselves and others invisible.

Also there are some direct power FXs that resemble a lantern construct, you could use that, but some of them have a delay between the end of animation and the applied damage.

BentonGrey

Ok, excellent!  I was hoping you'd have some cool ideas to share; thanks! 

Swap: That's probably fair, and I've been thinking that my build may be a bit too powerful.  Nonetheless, I do enjoy all of them having the ability to create multiple constructs.  It feels more 'Green Lanter-ish' to me.

I had been doing some supporting powers, but those are good ideas, and I think I can see some places where I can find uses for them.  Great stuff, man!
God Bless

SickAlice

Honestly it sounds like you have this, you just need to run with it. For variety just make their FX and attributes flesh out their character itself. Kyle would summon artist themed stuff. John military like a legion of soldiers and tanks. Then attributes to match. So Soranik for example could have heal type stuff as she's a field medic. You get where I'm going with it. Basically it's not as if you need to constrain yourself to exactly match the comic, just let it flow and do whatever rounds out the game your putting together and keeps the fun pace of it.

BentonGrey

Thanks guys!  Yeah, I think I've about got everyone sorted.  I'll post the builds tomorrow, probably.
God Bless

windblown

I like that you're going for a different build for each lantern. Looking forward to see them.

BentonGrey

Okay guys, here's what I've come up with!  More details and some pictures of everyone in action to be posted tomorrow.

Below, I'll include the EZHero print out of each Lantern, including their unique powers, as well as their assigned Plasma Sculptor weapon summon.  Each of them has a standard suite of powers, including:

• Emerald Punch: a medium damage melee attack with some KB.
  • Emerald Bolt: A zero cost, medium damage, medium accuracy energy projectile with low stun and KB; their standard energy bolt attack
  • Emerald Fusillade: A low cost, medium damage trio of bolts, more rapid-fire and volume of fire, still medium accuracy.
  • Emerald Beam: High damage energy beam (magnified by Light Speed)
  • Emerald Cell: A state swap from rage to crystalize, summoning a green energy cage and trapping foes.
  • Emerald Aura: Passive defense that blocks most damage with a small chance.

They each also have a unique explosive projectile, with each of them having a custom 'construct' FX for the missile.  There's some variety in exactly what those do, too, as some are homing, some are higher damage, etc.  Most of them also have some type of custom projectile(s), and I tried to give every one of them a unique 'thing,' a particular power or attribute that makes them stand out.

Chaselon: This unique fellow has a crystalline body that is tough and can refract and redirect energy attacks.  He can even (in my build) direct his ring through his body to magnify or scatter its beams.  His weapon is a hammer.
Spoiler
Stats:
     Strength:     4    Strong
     Speed:        5    Very Fast
     Agility:      4    Agile
     Endurance:    6    Extremely Hardy
     Energy:       8    Incredibly Powerful

Attributes:
     Light Speed                   
     Power Ring (Combo: Plasma Sculptor, Summoner 4, Flier, Disciplined, Energy Shield Passive, FF Active Defense 35, Guardian Physical)
     heavy hitter                 
     Strange Visitor               
     Enhanced Senses               

Powers:
     emerald missile (Ranged - Explosive Projectile):
             DamageType:          Energy
             Magnitude:           High
             Energy Point Cost:   Medium
             Stun:                High
             Knockback:           Medium
             Velocity:            Fast
             Radius:              180 Degrees
             Range:               Long
             Accuracy:            Extreme
             Level:               4
             Animation Name:      ranged_10                     
             Attached FX Name:    green_plasma_rocket           

prismatic body (Passive Defense):
             Block Type:          Normal
             Success Rating:      Frequent
             Animation Name:                                   
             Attached FX Name:    microwave_absorbradiation     
             Damage Blocked:      Energy
             Defense Flags:       Always Active
             Attacks Blocked:     Melee
                                  Ranged
                                  Direct

emerald energy (Ranged - Beam):
             Magnitude:           Extreme
             Energy Point Cost:   High
             Stun:                Medium
             Knockback:           None
             Animation Name:      ranged_3                     
             Attached FX Name:    aff_xbeam_green               

emerald refraction (Area):
             Magnitude:           Very High
             Stun:                Very High
             Knockback:           Low
             Animation Name:      area                         
             Attached FX Name:    GL_area         

Green Man: The original individual of his world, Green Man wants to be different, his own (green) man...but he's still figuring out how to do that, so his solutions aren't necessarily the most creative.  He does have a nice, spooky green ghost for his explosive, though.  He's got poisonous blood, so I gave him Acid Blood, and I found a reference saying he could teleport.  I've got no clue if that's actually correct, ha!  I'm toying with the idea of having him summon versions of himself.  His weapon is a sword.
Spoiler

Stats:
     Strength:     3    Normal
     Agility:      5    Very Agile
     Endurance:    5    Very Hardy

Attributes:
     Light Speed                   
     Power Ring (Combo: Plasma Sculptor, Summoner 4, Flier, Disciplined, Energy Shield Passive, FF Active Defense 35, Guardian Physical)
     heavy hitter                 
     Heavy Lifter                 
     Acid Blood                   

Powers:
     emerald mace (Ranged - Projectile):
             DamageType:          Crushing
             Energy Point Cost:   Low
             Stun:                Low
             Knockback:           High
             Radius:              No Arc
             Attached FX Name:    green_mace_large             

dimensional teleport (Special):
             Special Type:        Teleport Self       
             Energy Point Cost:   
             Level:               2
             Animation Name:      direct                       
             Attached FX Name:    apocalypse_teleport           

emerald ghost (Ranged - Explosive Projectile):
             Radius:              360 Degrees
             Accuracy:            High
             Animation Name:      ranged_6                     
             Attached FX Name:    gl_wraith                     

Galius Zed: This round little fellow is from a heavy gravity world, so I sort of made that his theme.  If I had more keys to work with, I would have liked to make him more melee focused, with some bouncing attacks, but I was limited by what was available.  (In my build) He hurls a big, slower asteroid as his explosive, and he can manipulate gravity with his ring, drawing on his experience in higher gravity zones.  He'll summon green subterrestrials, playing the role of other heavy gravity aliens.  His weapon is a spiked club.
Spoiler
Stats:
     Strength:     5    Very Strong
     Speed:        4    Fast
     Energy:       7    Extraordinarily Powerful

Attributes:
     Light Speed                   
     Power Ring
     Hot Tempered                 
     heavy hitter                 
     Heavy Lifter                 

Powers:
     emerald asteroid (Ranged - Explosive Projectile):
             Animation Name:      ranged                       
             Attached FX Name:    green_fireball               

gravity syphon (Ranged - Beam):
             DamageType:          Density Max
             Attached FX Name:    green_flame_stasis           

emerald vortex (Area):
             Animation Name:      area                         
             Attached FX Name:    Shocker_Electrical_Release   

Katma Tui: Katma is a veteran and helped train John Stewart, so she shares some traits with him.  She's also a true believer in the Corps and can boost fellow Lanterns with an energize area power.  She knows some tricks, so I gave her a chained construct projectile with good stun to show that skill off.  Her explosive is an angel, a winged woman, which seemed sort of fitting to me.  Her weapon is a naginata.
Spoiler
Stats:

Attributes:
     Light Speed                   
     Power Ring
     heavy hitter                 
     Heavy Lifter                 
     Shake It Off                 

Powers:
     emerald mace (Ranged - Projectile):
             Magnitude:           Medium
             Attached FX Name:    green_mace_large             
             Power Flags:         Chained

emerald angel (Ranged - Explosive Projectile):
             Velocity:            Normal
             Attached FX Name:    green_angel                   
             Power Flags:         Homing

brightest day (Area):
             DamageType:          Energize
             Stun:                None
             Animation Name:      ranged_9                     
             Attached FX Name:    GL_battery_area               
             Power Flags:         Enemies Only

emerald fist (Ranged - Beam):
             Magnitude:           Low
             Animation Name:      ranged_6                     
             Attached FX Name:    GL_fistbeam                   

Larvox: The insectoid and silent Larvox draws on the dominant lifeforms of his own world, insects, as inspiration for his constructs.  He has modified, green, versions of The Ant's insect swarm and his explosive is a green ant.  He even shots out swarms of emerald ants that will have swamp from stun to blindness, so they can do damage and blind a foe.  He'll be summoning some green ant minions too.  His weapon is a staff.
Spoiler
Stats:

Attributes:
     Disciplined                   
     Flier                         
     Light Speed                   
     Power Ring
     Neutralize                   

Powers:
     emerald swarm (Ranged - Projectile):
             Animation Name:      ranged_5                     
             Attached FX Name:    green_ant_swarm               

emerald claw (Ranged - Projectile):
             Animation Name:      ranged_2                     
             Attached FX Name:    green_claw                   

emerald arthropod (Ranged - Explosive Projectile):
             Attached FX Name:    gl_ant                       

emerald insects (Ranged - Projectile):
             DamageType:          Blind
             Attached FX Name:    green_ant_swarm               

Medphyll: The plant-based GL is stronger in sunlight and weak to cold.  He's got some plant-themed constructs, including a projectile made from the hand-shaped trees from the Red Oktober missions in FF2.  They do damage and will have a swap from stun to stasis, as they grab onto enemies.  I'm thinking of giving him an 'ent' summon too.  His weapon is the Dark Shaman's staff.
Spoiler
Stats:

Attributes:
     Light Speed                   
     Solar Powered                 
     Power Ring
     Solid Skeleton               
     Cold Blooded                 

Powers:
     emerald fusillade (Ranged - Projectile):
             Animation Name:      ranged_8                     
             Attached FX Name:    GL_bolt                       

emerald flora (Ranged - Projectile):
             Attached FX Name:    green_tree                   

emerald entangle (Ranged - Beam):
             DamageType:          Rage
             Attached FX Name:    green_plant                   

emerald ent (Direct):
             DamageType:          Piercing
             Magnitude:           Extreme
             Attached FX Name:    green_golem_tree             

wildgrowth (Ranged - Projectile):
             Animation Name:      ranged_7                     
             Attached FX Name:    green_tree   
God Bless

BentonGrey

More!

Naut Ke Loi: This Aquatic Lantern is one of my favorite designs.  I think I found some neat options for him.  He's got sea-themed constructs, of course, conjuring a sea serpent explosive and a sea serpent beam, complete with customized Quetz snake-hex grapple FX at the end for his Emerald Cage.  He also has a 'wave' area attack.  His weapon is, of course, a trident.
Spoiler
Stats:
     Endurance:    6    Extremely Hardy

Attributes:                                       
     Light Speed                   
     Power Ring
     Solid Skeleton
     Heavy Lifter
     Heavy Hitter     

Powers:
     emerald aquatic (Melee):
             Energy Point Cost:   None
             Swiftness:           Normal
             Arc:                 No Arc
             Animation Name:      melee_4                       
             Attached FX Name:    emrald_punch                 

emerald trident (Ranged - Projectile):
             DamageType:          Piercing
             Attached FX Name:    green_trident                 

emerald sea (Ranged - Explosive Projectile):
             Animation Name:      ranged_11                     
             Attached FX Name:    DragheadGreen                 

emerald prison (Ranged - Beam):
             DamageType:          Rage
             Attached FX Name:    green_quetz_hex               

emerald whirlpool (Area):
             Animation Name:      area_3                       
             Attached FX Name:    aff_whirlpool_green           

poison scales (Melee):
             DamageType:          Acid Burn
             Swiftness:           Fast
             Animation Name:      melee                         
             Attached FX Name:    quetz_serpent_strike         

powered pummel (Melee):
             Animation Name:      melee_5                       
             Attached FX Name:    green_punch   

Salaak: This four-armed Lantern is a logistical and tactical expert, so I gave him several support powers, like a genetic damage and a single target rally.  He also has four arms, so he tends to do multiple projectiles at once.  His weapon is a sword.
Spoiler
Stats:

Attributes:
     heavy hitter                 
     Heavy Lifter                 
     Light Speed                   
     Power Ring
     Coordinator                   

Powers:
     emerald storm (Ranged - Projectile):
             Attached FX Name:    GL_bolt                       

emerald rocket (Ranged - Explosive Projectile):
             Animation Name:      ranged_11                     
             Attached FX Name:    aff_plasma_rocket_green       

emerald blade (Ranged - Projectile):
             Attached FX Name:    green_sword                   

advanced calculations (Direct):
             DamageType:          Genetic Damage
             Range:               Medium
             Attached FX Name:    Glitch_Reprogram             

four fist fury (Melee):
             Swiftness:           Fast
             Animation Name:      melee_5                       

tactical insight (Direct):
             DamageType:          Rally The Troops
             Range:               Medium
             Attached FX Name:    Glitch_Reprogram             

Stel: This robotic GL has always sort of fascinated me.  I love the idea of a sentient robot being a GL.  Anyway, he's something of a flying weapons platform.  He's tough and strong, but he's not too fast, and he focuses on multiple attacks rather than damage.  His weapon is a halberd. 
Spoiler
Stats:
     Strength:     6    Extremely Strong
     Speed:        4    Fast
     Endurance:    7    Extraordinarily Hardy

Attributes:
     heavy hitter                 
     Heavy Lifter                 

Strange Visitor               
     Cybernetic Brain             

Powers:
emerald blasters (Ranged - Projectile):
             Accuracy:            Medium
             Max Instances:       2
             Animation Name:      ranged_7                     
             Attached FX Name:    gldp_shot                     
             Power Flags:         Flight Spawn

emerald rocketfist (Ranged - Explosive Projectile):
             Animation Name:      melee_7                       
             Attached FX Name:    green_rocketfist             

metal fists (Melee):
             Animation Name:      melee_2                       

emerald lightning (Ranged - Projectile):
             DamageType:          Electrical
             Stun:                Extreme
             Animation Name:      melee_7                       
             Attached FX Name:    green_lighting_bolt           

rocket flurry (Ranged - Explosive Projectile):
             Accuracy:            Medium
             Max Instances:       3
             Attached FX Name:    green_rocket                 
             Power Flags:         Flight Spawn

Alright guys, that's everything for tonight!  I'll finish my tweaking of the GLs I've already got built-in tomorrow and try to take some screenies and maybe post a developer's diary.  Your feedback is very welcome!
God Bless

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, I'm finishing up some last tweaks on my GLs, and I could use some inspiration.  My version of Hal is my standard in several ways.  He's got the usual suite of powers: a no cost, very low damage knockback beam (green hand), a triple projectile attack with medium damage (green jets), a very high damage beam attack, a state swap crystalize attack that locks an enemy in a green cage, a high KB projectile with medium damage (green fist), and a high damage explosive projectile attack.  He's also got an extreme damage direct attack summoning a green fire golem, but it doesn't work very well, and I think I'll switch it out.  I'm trying to decide what else to give him.  Any ideas? 

I'll have room for two powers, since I'm moving his shield to the FF AD attribute.
God Bless

abenavides

I usually give Hal an area attack with high knockback (Emerald Nuke)

Also - I've taken to giving GLs a remote defense to have them shield others as well (Emerald Protect or Emerald Guardian)
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

BentonGrey

Thanks Alex!

So guys, I'm getting back into the mod, and I am looking at some of the new characters I left unfinished.  One of them is the Flash Rogue the Pied Piper.  Anyone have any attribute suggestions for this guy?  I think my HF looks okay, but I'm wondering if I should have other attributes.  I've currently got Enhanced Senses and Energy Shield (Active) for him.
God Bless

spydermann93

Maybe Beautiful for extra hypnotism?

BentonGrey

Hmm, interesting idea, Spyder!
God Bless

oktokels

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 08, 2021, 06:04:11 AMOne of them is the Flash Rogue the Pied Piper.  Anyone have any attribute suggestions for this guy?  I think my HF looks okay, but I'm wondering if I should have other attributes.  I've currently got Enhanced Senses and Energy Shield (Active) for him.

I would probably give him Cybernetic Brain, given that he has a genius level intellect.

Quote from: DC DatabaseGenius Level Intellect: A genius of sonic theories and sound-based sonic technology.