News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Generate ai for 44 chars

Started by oktokels, May 20, 2018, 01:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oktokels

Hello everybody, recently i found that you can add more characters in skirmish mode, so i put in 44 characters, but this doesnt seem to work with the generate m25 ai game mode. anybody knows why??

oktokels

i think it may be something around this lines, but dont know where:

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Number of characters allowed in the skirmish.
#
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WATCH_MAXCHARS = 44

occupied = []
for i in range(WATCH_MAXCHARS):
   occupied.append(o)

allchars = []

#
# Callbacks
#

def OnPostInit():
   #let the player see the entire level
   cshelper.see()

# initialize the AI
   m25ai.InitScripts()
   m25ai.AIDisableAll()
   m25missionover.SetMissionOver()

heroes = cshelper.getAllHeroes()
   for h in heroes:
      allchars.append(h)

BentonGrey

Hmm, I'm afraid I'm out of my depth with this one.  Good luck!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Previsionary

The next time you test out the mode, grab your log file and post it. That'll be a little more helpful.

Additionally, are you trying to generate AI or watch/play an actual skirmish?
Disappear when you least expe--

oktokels

i can enter the generate AI mode, after selecting 44 characters, but the mode only generates AI for the first 3 or 4 characters, then just finish without completing the list.

Quotegrab your log file and post it

i don't know how to do that  :doh:

Quoteare you trying to generate AI or watch/play an actual skirmish?

Generate AI, but watch mode also give me trouble showing all selected characters in the map. These are the only modes that don't work, and the only ones with .py files that have the "WATCH_MAXCHARS" line. The only mode that shows all 44 characters on map is free for all.

Previsionary

When you run the mode and get to the results screen, shut down the game. This should generate two .log files in the main FFvTTR folder. I believe they are called FF.log and Script.log. Post the script.log.

(It's a text document that can be opened with notepad.)

oktokels

it's a long file... i copied only the errors. here you go:

QuoteFile "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "C:\Users\ripley\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp\cM25 Generate AI.py", line 90, in OnReceiveSelectedEnemies
    SkirmishSpawnEnemy(enemy)
  File "C:\Users\ripley\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp\cM25 Generate AI.py", line 114, in SkirmishSpawnEnemy
    pos = Get_MarkerPos(marker)
RuntimeError: Get_MarkerPos(): Could not find positional marker - group6marker6
! GetMapInfo
Building_GetDimensions() non-fatal error:
    template 'building' not found in list of building dimensions.
    To detect approximate dimensions, use
    getBuildingDimensions ()

Quoteinitialising FFQ_initialiseExtras()
ReadHeroIndexData: trouble reading or evaluating data from <c:\gog games\freedom force vs the 3rd reich\ffx3\HeroIndexData.txt>
Campaign_MakeHeroIndex: Making index <c:\gog games\freedom force vs the 3rd reich\ffx3\HeroIndexData.txt>
c:\gog games\freedom force vs the 3rd reich\ffx3\Missions\Scripts
Plugin 'firehydrant' OnPostInit() called
Plugin 'irradiateradius' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'zombie' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'freeroam_keepbuildingdamage' OnPostInit() called
Plugin 'm25ai_lowjumper' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'm25ai_realitymanipulation' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'cutscene_power' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'm25enc_opendoor' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'm25enc_simplechoice' has no OnPostInit()
>>> C:\Users\ripley\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp\cM25 Generate AI.py executed
>>> C:\Users\ripley\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp\cM25 Generate AI.py executed

Previsionary

From the first quote, it looks like the game can't find a named positional marker, so it quits generating/working right around there. I assume it's not being created, therefor the characters aren't being spawned.

oktokels

hmm ok i'll look around to see if a can find anything about that... thx!!  :thumbup: :thumbup: