News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

AI Questions

Started by BentonGrey, May 05, 2012, 05:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

So, I've got a new question, or rather, a few new questions.

What do the characters AIs need to be set at in FFEdit to get them to use their M25 custom AIs properly?

Secondly, do you need to do anything special to get the characters to use their FF Active Defenses?  The guide says you need this:

Quote"TActiveDefenseFFSelf(pct=100, time=3, energy=33, mindist=0, maxdist=400, type='enemy', subtype='none', situation='not active_defense', role='none', priority='medium')",

But I'm not experienced enough to know for sure if there is anything there that I need to tweak.  Whatever the case, neither Magneto nor the Invisible Woman, my test cases, are using their shields, despite them being a the top of their tactic lists.

Quote['bmagneto',
   ["target enemy",
      'weakness_ranged_crushing',
      'not staticked',
      'weakness_area_electrical',
      'weakness_ranged_electrical',
      'weakness_direct_crushing',
      'weakness_melee_crushing',
   ],
   ["timer", 'auto',
      "TFleeMelee(mindist='medium',movetype='fly',time=0.87)",
      'TFleeMelee(type="any",subtype="emitting_damage",time=0.87)',
      "TActiveDefenseFFSelf(pct=100, time=3, energy=33, mindist=0, maxdist=400, type='enemy', subtype='none', situation='not active_defense', role='none', priority='medium')",
      'TTK()',
      "TArea('bmagneto em pulse',time=2.75,situation='swarmed')",
      "TRangedCone('bmagneto magnetic wave',time=2.79)",
      "TDirect('bmagneto magnetic crush',time=2.36)",
      "TRanged('bmagneto em beam',time=2.79)",
      'TMagneticCustom()',
      'TMagneticRepel()',
      'TMagneticAttract()',
      "TRanged('bmagneto magnetic repulsion',time=1.27)",
      "TRanged('bmagneto magnetize',time=2.4)",
      "TDirect('bmagneto magnetic hold',time=2.23)",
      "TMelee('bmagneto punch',time=1.39)",
      "TDirect('bmagneto magnetic shove',time=2.36)",
      'TLand()',
      'TMoveTo(mindist=\'long\' ,subtype="not emitting_damage",time=0.87)',
   ],
],

Original post:
Spoiler
Howdy guys, I've been doing a lot of nitty-gritty customization and optomization in my Marvel mod, and I'm trying to figure out how to make the AI for certain characters a bit more effective.  I've finally figured out, thanks to y'all, how to do some basic stuff with M25's AI customizations, but there is one thing that is still eluding me.  I want to be able to give a character the ability to fly, but be able to tell them not to do it too often via their AI.  I want characters like Thor to slug it out more and not fly about.  How do I do that?  Here is his AI entry:

Quote['thor',
   ["target enemy",
      'weakness_direct_electrical',
      'highesthealth',
      'not flying',
   ],
   ["timer", 'auto',
      'TUseRemedy()',
      'TFleeMelee(type="any",subtype="emitting_damage",time=0.88)',
      "TActiveDefense('thor shield of mjolnir',mindist='melee',time=5.27)",
      "TArea('thor lightning strike',time=2.0)",
      "TChargeUp('thor unfettered might',time=2.15)",
      "TMelee('thor hammer crush',time=1.36)",
      "TMelee('thor thunderous strength',time=2.75)",
      "TDirect('thor summon lightning',time=2.0)",
      "TRanged('thor hurl mjolnir',time=1.91)",
      'TWeatherControlHail()',
      'TWeatherControlLightning()',
      "TMelee('thor mjolnirs might',time=1.4)",
      'TThrow(pickup_time=2.2,throw_time=3.47)',
      'TLand()',
      'TMoveTo(mindist=\'medium\',time=0.88,subtype=["not emitting_damage","flying"])',
      'TMoveTo(mindist="melee",subtype=["not emitting_damage","not flying"],time=0.88)',
   ],
   ['energy reserve',
      'medium',
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

GogglesPizanno

Im pretty sure that any of the move tactics can use the parameter movetype.

ie. movetype="fly"

The manual is not explicit and doesn't detail this parameter, but if you look at the various examples it looks like the parameters you can use are 'fly', 'move', and 'none' You might try playing around with one of these values to see if it helps.

example:

'TFleeMelee(time=0.88,situation="swarmed",movetype="fly")',

'TMoveTo(mindist="medium",maxdist="wholemap",time=0.88,movetype="move")',

** EDIT **
I just briefly looked at the python code and it looks like if you specify "move" they should run on the ground. If you specify "none" (which is the default if you dont explicitly set anything) it does various ability and power checks to see if they have any flight capabilities (flier, hover etc...) and if so use them. 

BentonGrey

Thanks Goggles!  I think I can work with that.  I'm going to do some testing, but I bet that will do it.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

BentonGrey

So, I've got a new question, or rather, a few new questions.

What do the characters AIs need to be set at in FFEdit to get them to use their M25 custom AIs properly?

Secondly, do you need to do anything special to get the characters to use their FF Active Defenses?  The guide says you need this:

Quote"TActiveDefenseFFSelf(pct=100, time=3, energy=33, mindist=0, maxdist=400, type='enemy', subtype='none', situation='not active_defense', role='none', priority='medium')",

But I'm not experienced enough to know for sure if there is anything there that I need to tweak.  Whatever the case, neither Magneto nor the Invisible Woman, my test cases, are using their shields, despite them being a the top of their tactic lists.

Quote['bmagneto',
   ["target enemy",
      'not staticked',
      'weakness_ranged_electrical',
      'weakness_direct_crushing',
   ],
   ["timer", 'auto',
      "TFleeMelee(mindist='medium',movetype='fly',time=0.87)",
      'TFleeMelee(type="any",subtype="emitting_damage",time=0.87)',
      "TActiveDefenseFFSelf(pct=100, time=3, energy=33, mindist=0, maxdist=400, type='enemy', subtype='none', situation='not active_defense', role='none', priority='medium')",
      'TTK()',
      "TArea('bmagneto em pulse',time=2.75,situation='swarmed')",
      "TRangedCone('bmagneto magnetic wave',time=2.79)",
      "TDirect('bmagneto magnetic crush',time=2.36)",
      "TRanged('bmagneto em beam',time=2.79)",
      'TMagneticCustom()',
      'TMagneticRepel()',
      'TMagneticAttract()',
      "TRanged('bmagneto magnetic repulsion',time=1.27)",
      "TRanged('bmagneto magnetize',time=2.4)",
      "TDirect('bmagneto magnetic hold',time=2.23)",
      "TMelee('bmagneto punch',time=1.39)",
      "TDirect('bmagneto magnetic shove',time=2.36)",
      'TLand()',
      'TMoveTo(mindist=\'long\' ,subtype="not emitting_damage",time=0.87)',
   ],
],
God Bless

spydermann93

For characters not using their FF Active Defenses, look here: http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=56703.msg812770#msg812770

The conversation starts a page or two back and goes on for a bit longer, but that's essentially what I found while researching the topic.

Give that thread a look and if you have any more questions, I'll try and help you out as best as I can.

BentonGrey

Thanks Spyder!  I made the changes outlined there, and Mags used his shield...once!  Haha, well, that's progress.  The Invisible Woman still doesn't seem to want to use hers.  Women, always causing problems!  :P

What about the AI setting in the Character tab of FFEdit?  Does it need to be on CZeroCost?  That's where Mags and Sue are at the moment.
God Bless

spydermann93

This might not be the case with Magneto, but he does have some tactics that don't have a time to them. I found that attacks with lower times get prioritized over attacks with higher times. I am not sure what the default times for those tactics are, but my guess is that they are pretty low, so his tactics like Magnetic Repel and Attract are prioritized over other actions.

For Invisible Woman, try making her priority for her Active Defense "critical" or "high" and remove the energy cost from it.