Independence Day Challenge 2018-Same Time Next Year

Started by daglob, June 04, 2018, 04:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Once again it's time to break out the patriotic colors and use them on everything in sight. Create a patriotic character, do a skin/scope for a patriotic character from the past (WW II created them by the scores), wrap your avatar in red, white, and blue, or maybe a patriotic mod or SFX. Perhaps you want to do a character based on your state flag, or the flag of you ancestors... anything that you want.

Rules are simple:

Deadline is July 4th

Post a picture here so we can see what you did

Have fun

To get you started, here is a group of patriotic characters I've done over the years, including one of the first skins I did that I can stand to look at.

Cyber Burn

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make anything new for this one, but for now, do these guys count?

daglob

Lady America finished. The stripes would be a pain to draw month after month, but I still like this costume.

daglob

cranlox

I would really like to play with these characters! Excellent design artistic work!

deanjo2000

I've only ever found 2 pics of this guy.
Captain Fight.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

daglob

Hey. he's on my list (mark that one off). The Digital Comics Museum and Comic Book Plus have some Fight Comics from Fiction House that have him in them (#16-19).

daglob

This is Captain USA from an issue of "The Adventurer's Club", the original in-house produced magazine from the Champions people. I have to admit, I guessed at the colors.

A couple of old skins: Red, White, and Blue-pool (should be wearing red), and a patriotic version of my avatar, The Glob.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on June 11, 2018, 04:17:36 AM

Lady America finished. The stripes would be a pain to draw month after month, but I still like this costume.

Great costume, excellent execution. I think my only nitpick is the short hair, I'd be interested to see what she looks like with longer hair, but that's just personal preference.

Just loving everything I'm seeing here, great work guys!  :thumbup:

daglob

CB: The character's hair is short and stands pretty well straight up.

This is an old skin on a new scope. It is War Eagle, a character that appeared in in the first issue of Crime Does Not Pay, which took over Silver Streak's numbering and was #22.

And, since I live in Alabama, there is also one in orange and blue.

daglob

Captain Glory, FBI agent extraordinaire.

Panther_Gunn

So that's what Major Glory looked like before his promotion.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

daglob

daglob

Yes, only one week left. Participate now, before the rush.

Cyber Burn

I so wanted to at least get one entry finished before the deadline. :banghead:

Cyber Burn

Just barely made it.  :D

The American Shield (My Version of MLJ/Red Circle's Shield):

daglob

Cyber Burn

Not quite finished, but I just wanted to make sure I had something to post before the deadline. The wrist and boot cuffs still need their details, I need to switch out the helmet on the one on the right, and I have to add in the white stripes on the upper body. But for now, I'll go with this.

daglob