News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

World Tour

Started by BentonGrey, June 04, 2018, 03:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy guys!  Lady Grey and I both got accepted to conferences in Europe this summer, and we've decided to make the most of it!  She's presenting at one in Athens in June and I'm presenting at one in Leeds in July, so we decided to just go and stay over there between the dates.  We're headed to Europe on Wednesday for a long journey, and we won't be back until sometime around July 15th.  We're traveling very lightly (and as cheaply as we can manage!), so I won't have a computer with me and we will often be out of Internet contact.  I'll be often out of touch during that time, and I won't be able to do any FF stuff.

For those of you working on projects for me, I won't be able to test things out, send files, or what have you until I get back.  I'll probably still have the occasional opportunity to see pictures and the like.  This means that the continuation of my work on the DCUG will be awaiting my return.  So, there's plenty of time for folks to finish those requests, and no hurry at all. 

When I get back, I'm going to try to finish my remastering of the DCUG and get it released before the end of the summer.  I am hopeful I can do that.  More immediately, if I have time among the flurry of departure preparations, I'm going to release my update for Marvel Adventures, but we'll see. 

Y'all have a good month and take care!  If any of y'all happen to be attending the medieval conference in Leeds, drop me a line.  :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

MikeB7

Cool stuff!  have fun, man!   :thinkingidea

detourne_me

Congratulations BG! Hope you guys have a great time. Remember to check out AirBnB for some cheapaccommodations.

BentonGrey

Thanks guys!

Funny you should say that, DM.  We're actually staying in AirBnBs most of the time, as they're generally cheaper than hostels. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, I'm writing from Santorini, but unfortunately I am writing with a request for prayer from those of you who pray.  Lady Grey fell in Crete and twisted her ankle really badly.  We're only one week into a five week trip, and she's on crutches and can barely walk.  To make matters worse, we're on Santorini, which is basically nothing but stairs.  Please pray for healing and encouragement.  This is a tough turn of events. 
God Bless

spydermann93

Prayers out to your wife!

cranlox

I will pray for you and Lady

BentonGrey

Well friends, we're home at long last.  We actually got back at the end of the last week, but we're just now recovering enough to do things and think thoughts. 

Thank y'all for the prayers and well-wishes.  We survived and made it through, but it was tough.  Her injury meant my trip suddenly became about logistics, trying to get her from point A to B, to get us food (apparently Europe hates take away), and finding things we could actually do.  It was exhausting and trying, and everything was about a 1000 times more difficult than it would have been.  Still, we had a good trip, and we saw amazing sights and had great adventures.  My paper was well received at Leeds, and hers was in Athens as well.  Still, we are very, very glad to be home and have the chance to rest.
God Bless