Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Celebrate Freedom!

Author Topic: Hello! Looking for some kind of tutorial on importing meshes  (Read 181 times)

Offline panoramac

Hi everyone!
Been awhile since I've posted anything here but I never forgot about this community or the FF games. I am really getting back into the games now (alas there still is no FF3 or anything quite like it) so it's still the most customizable and best superhero game of it's kind
Anyway, quite a bit of content is out there in various 3d formats such as .fbx or .obj for instance for free.
I know it's possible (with some effort) to get these into the games as shown by recent imports of detourne_me and SickAlice
Some  time ago a tutorial was released on importing other game meshes by using Blender and nifskope (I think)
I no longer have that tutorial and was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction or maybe offer a few pointers
Thanks a million to anyone who can help me out!

Offline detourne_me

• Manipulator of mental motion sickness
    • Force of Paradox!
Re: Hello! Looking for some kind of tutorial on importing meshes
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 06:52:10 AM »
I got started with Ewzzy's Blender tutorial here: http://www.freedomforce.ewzzy.com/Blender.php

Its a really good starting point.
SickAlice also made a few great points in one of the threads in the hex editing forum.
Also, if you have any questions I'll try my best to help you out

Offline panoramac

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 12:42:29 AM »
Thanks so much for the reply detourne_me  :thumbup: ..Trying to access that tutorial  gave me an error message
I do vaguely remember that tutorial ..Is that the same one that has instructions for importing
a mesh from the Movies games?
I remember also someone demonstrating a way to get a sims2 character model into the game

I am still using Blender 2.49b? Have you had any luck with later versions?

I have been able to import static meshes.. It's character's meshes I really care about..
Thanks again!

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 04:19:14 AM »
I think most of us who are using Blender are probably using 2.49b, but I don't want to speak for everyone. I believe you could also find the tutorial at SickAlice's site, located here:

http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/workbench.html

Offline panoramac

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 07:47:18 AM »
Oh yes!
That is indeed the one I was looking for..thanks Cyber Burn
You all are the best..