News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Teen Titans Mod - Corrupt Installer

Started by StahPK, June 16, 2018, 05:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StahPK

Hi,

I had downloaded the Teen Titans mod from the mediafire backup of the FRP links and it seems the installer is corrupt possibly.  When you install it it will stop on Gizmo character.nif giving a data error.  Asks you to continue than cancels the entire install on the KF file.  Does anyone either know if this can be fixed or have a working install and could either send me a link or update the mediafire link?

Thanks!

Previsionary

Thanks for posting this.

I'll look into it and see what's up. I *may* have a working copy in my backups. It'll just take some time to upload.

ETA:

Try this one.
Disappear when you least expe--

StahPK

Thank you, this one definitely installs.  Just an FYI there is a significant size difference between them and this one doesnt have any working 'story' it seems.  This one is 170mb and the one on mediafire is around 310mb.  I never used the mod but just letting you know in case the other one was a completed storyline mod.  This one seems like is a WIP build possibly.

Either way thanks for responding and taking the time to look and find a copy.

Previsionary

What do you mean by "working story"? Are you suggesting that the mission files are missing or that it doesn't have a way to start the mod? If the latter, if it doesn't come with an .exe file, you can make your own or it may come with a .bat file (a few of the older mods used this method) that behaves like an .exe launcher.

Yes, I was aware of the size difference, but they both extract approx. 330 MB of content. I assume one of the installers was better compressed than the other, but I have no way of checking that, as I didn't create the original pack (nor is that site around anymore).

StahPK

When you start the campaign you are just in a room (Cyborg and BB), no objective, no text chat.. no story.  Like I said I never used it so no idea what to expect. 

Previsionary

Quote from: StahPK on June 18, 2018, 02:13:11 AM
When you start the campaign you are just in a room (Cyborg and BB), no objective, no text chat.. no story.  Like I said I never used it so no idea what to expect.

That sounds like a coding or mission error (more likely coding). If you could add -log to your TeenTitans shortcut*, try to play the game again, shut the game down once you encounter the error, then post the resulting script.log and ff.log information here, I'll take a look through it and see if I can help you out. The .log files can be opened in notepad. They'll be located in your main Freedom Force folder once created.

Quote*Example of adding -log to your shortcuts properties

Target: ...\Irrational Games\Freedom Force\TeenTitans\TeenTitans.bat" -log

Previsionary

Question: Do you have FFX and/or EZFX installed at all?

I haven't played FF1 in years, so it's hard for me to remember the particulars; but I "believe" that game required FFX to be installed to play some of the later mods such as Teen Titans.

I'm glad you posted this thread because it made me go back through the resource threads on this site, and I realized a lot of it is gone, including the wiki site.

But going from memory, the installation order was essentially:

1) Freedom Force
** 2) FF 1.2 (currently 1.3) Patch (I don't know if the steam/GOG version is already updated to this point. If the game already launches, avoid this step!) **
3) EZFX 5.1
4) FFX 2.6
5) mods

BentonGrey

I feel like Alex's Fortress might still have some info on install order.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

StahPK

That was it, Thank you!

I didn't install it originally because I had only seen the 3.0 version and didn't realize there was a version for FF1.  Found 2.6 and that fixed the issue.  Appreciate it.