DJ's Odd Question thread

Started by Deaths Jester, June 22, 2018, 02:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Okay, this one is a bit odd.  I'm looking for pieces to use to create the backpack/canister section of the WW2 German FLammenwerfer (flamethrower).  I've got some ideas for a few pieces - possibly use the battery pack off of Gren's Smart Alec mesh and rotate and resize it for at least one of the canisters - but I want to see if anyone else has any ideas.  I could've sworn we had a mesh canisters on it's back somewhere....

Pics of what I'm looking at recreating - just the back pack section, not the nozzle or hose:

Thanks.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

daglob

Annihilus' cosmic rod resized, maybe, for a tank. I keep meaning to go through the Celestials and see what parts might be usable when resized.

Cyber Burn

I don't know if it'll help or not, but you could take a look at my "Nazi Flamethrower" Skope at Force of Paradox. I just put a very basic backpack together, but maybe it could give you some ideas. Also, Syn's "Prometheus_Syn" Mesh may have some useable pieces in the helmet as well.

Deaths Jester

I do have an unconverted mesh (I think it's a dae file) that I could use if I don't find anything else that fits.  I'd rather use what we already have in game but if need be, I can go that way too.  Going to have to experiment....

Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 22, 2018, 06:15:01 PM
I don't know if it'll help or not, but you could take a look at my "Nazi Flamethrower" Skope at Force of Paradox. I just put a very basic backpack together, but maybe it could give you some ideas. Also, Syn's "Prometheus_Syn" Mesh may have some useable pieces in the helmet as well.

I've done backpacks in the past - in fact the revamped Stahlhelm ahs a pack and a horseshoe roll - so that's not a problem.  Might have to look at Syn's  Prometheus though.,.hadn't thought about that...could maybe use some of those sphere's and lugs as potential valve pieces....

Panther_Gunn

scuba tanks? (I thought I saw a scuba diver mesh at one point)  Rocket packs?  (Rocketeer, Adam Strange, Flash Gordon, etc)
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Deaths Jester

Okay, just changed the name of the thread because I might have a few different odd questions going about as I "embark" (am I or am I not) on another run of stuff and it would probably be best to keep it all in a single thread.

New Question:  Did I dream this or was there a mesh/skope out there at one point of a character with key frames like Plastic Man but who wore an overcoat/trench coat and the coat morphed with the key frame morphs?

Edit: Something in my head keeps repeating NPI for this...but I don't remember anything there that fit that idea...

Maybe, I haven't had enough alcohol...

daglob

I think you are right. Someone else asked for it recently, and I may have had it. Trouble making new memories, so that's all I have. I'm looking...

I can't drink any alchohol: pity me.

Deaths Jester

Well, if it is NPI, I'd guess it would be one of HQ's or Zulu's characters b/c they had the most there. That's just a guess, though.

No alcohol?!? NOOOOO!!! That's probably one of my worst nightmares...well, if you exclude the tutu and ballet slipp...ummm...nevermind...nothing to see hear...

Deaths Jester

It looks like what I was thinking of is Kommando's Doc Puff. Problem is, it's actually two seperate meshes/hexes. One has the coat but doesn't work with Plas' keys while the other works with the keys but has no coat. Sigh (yes, I just said sigh like I'm Ambush Bug) guess once I finish my current skin/skope I'll be looking at making this idea work out somehow...wheee...

Cyber Burn

I could be mistaken, but didn't Tomato have a Morph Mesh based off of Syn's Mesh, but with a jacket over at Heroforce?

Deaths Jester

You're spot on, CB! Good catch! Many thanks!