News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Rebirth Wally West

Started by El1jahSnowFan, June 29, 2018, 11:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El1jahSnowFan

Hey, everyone!

First: I realize there is probably no one out there who will see this request who would also have time to do this work -- I mean, we all get it, you know?

It's mid-2018 -- 2018! Freedom Force came out in 2002. FFvTTR came out in 2005. My gosh, that's so long ago -- does everyone remember that you needed a patch to run FFvTTR on Windows XP?

So, yeah. Every time I come to FR and it's still here, I'm kinda amazed. It's amazing that the forum is still here.

I could definitely reminisce for a few hours about way back, but there's only a few familiar names I see who pop up when I am around.

But here's the thing -- and yeah, call me crazy: I still boot up FFvTTR on my Windows 10 machine and run them in the Danger Room. Maybe 20 minutes here or there. I still pay just enough attention to comics to where some things make me curious.

That brings me to today's request -- which, again, I know isn't likely to happen.

But way back when, Wally West was the Flash for my generation. After the New Teen Titans gave him a boost as Kid Flash in 1980, and then he took over as the Flash in, I believe, 1986 after Crisis on Infinite Earths ended, Wally was the Flash for basically almost 30 years -- that's almost an eternity for comics. He was actually DC's primary Flash longer than Barry Allen, and arguably the better Flash, to boot.

So when he was basically wiped away in 2011's Flashpoint, there were plenty of disappointed people -- some people had never even seen Barry Allen as the Flash.

But with Rebirth in, what...2015?...Wally returned. All was well...except:

He had a totally new (and pretty cool) costume.

Like I said: I don't expect anyone to fulfill this request. I know I should just retire the game.

But my OCD...it nags me. I kinda just want to put Rebirth Wally West's new costume in the game, run him through the Danger Room...maybe retire from there. Maybe.

So, anyway: Here are some links to some images. If any creator is out there (I certainly realize that really is not that likely) and takes this on, that would be awesome!

https://www.deviantart.com/reb1rthdc/art/Wally-West-Rebirth-649140002

https://www.injusticeonline.com/rebirth-wally-west-multiplayer-challenge-for-injustice-mobile/#jp-carousel-1754

https://www.deviantart.com/jasontodd1fan/art/DC-Rebirth-Wally-West-614207271

daglob

I could have sworn somebody had done one. Afghan Ant, maybe. I don't seem to have it if so.

El1jahSnowFan

Quote from: daglob on June 30, 2018, 12:34:50 AM
I could have sworn somebody had done one. Afghan Ant, maybe. I don't seem to have it if so.

I don't think he had gotten around to it -- he did a couple of New 52 things that were pretty awesome, but I think AA was retired by the time Rebirth came around. I think Pod has done the only Rebirth skin I have, a Superman. Maybe Batman, too.

It's a big ask, I know -- not many folks are truly active anymore, and obviously, no one should really expect that to change. Truthfully, I don't, as well. Just have a soft spot for Wally.

Deaths Jester

Let me ponder over it...I'm not a big DC fan but maybe there's something I can do...no promises though seeing as I'm knee deep in a few other projects...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

El1jahSnowFan

Quote from: Deaths Jester on June 30, 2018, 03:18:39 AM
Let me ponder over it...I'm not a big DC fan but maybe there's something I can do...no promises though seeing as I'm knee deep in a few other projects...

Wow! Thank you! I appreciate you even considering it -- I meant what I said earlier. It's amazing that we're even still able to boot this game up after all this time, and that there are people who even still have the tools/ability to make these kinds of things and even remember how to do it is remarkable.

I would truly appreciate it, but if not, no worries! I am glad you are still here, as with anyone/everyone else who still holds a fond memory of this platform!

deanjo2000

I actually like this costume and he's already on my list, i'll just bump him into the top 3 :D
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

El1jahSnowFan

Quote from: deanjo2000 on June 30, 2018, 02:11:34 PM
I actually like this costume and he's already on my list, i'll just bump him into the top 3 :D

Sweet! Again, it would be greatly appreciated!

deanjo2000

Almost done.

I've reworked some parts and put him on a better mesh.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

bearded

That was fast. I'm super interested in this.

Podmark

Great job! Really happy to see this version of Wally.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

El1jahSnowFan

Quote from: deanjo2000 on July 01, 2018, 11:41:16 AM
Almost done.

I've reworked some parts and put him on a better mesh.

OH, MY GOSH.

Thanks so much!!!!