Summertime Blues Challenge 2018: Gone but not forgotten...

Started by daglob, August 05, 2018, 03:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Yes, it's that time again; the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer. But the end is nigh, and soon it will be fall. The challenge is to create some kind of summer or blue content, be it skin, scope, mini-mod, or a bit of art. As usual, the rules are few:

Deadline is Labor Day (September 3, 2018)

Post a pic so we can see it and give comment.

Have fun.

I'd hoped that I would have something new for you, but instead we have three old Blue Streaks and a Blue Lady.

Move that beach umbrella a little, pour a little more iced tea... feel those gentle breezes and listen to the waves...

daglob

Some more old stuff I'm afraid (even in the Golden Age there seemed to be a shortage of blue-anything heroes).

daglob

Neros Urameshi

Oh, I'd love to have the Blue Falcon in the skins/meshes! :D

daglob

Well, here is one of the few "blue" comic characters that hadn't been done: The Blue Snowman. Now, the thing is, he is neither made from snow, nor a man. Byrna Brilyant's father invented a "blue snow" that froze anything that came in contact with it. However, he died in the process, and his daughter put on a silly suit (Hmmm... he does look a bit like an evil Michelin Man), and set out to get vengeance against just about everybody. Wonder Woman stopped her.

daglob

That's right, only one week left. Not much participation this time; I hope it's because everyone is having a wonderful summer.

detourne_me

Here's an original character I first previewed about 4 years ago.  haven't really gotten around to finishing him yet though.  just added a few more details and spiffed up his keyframes a bit.

His name is Splat Azurean, and he's an intergalactic janitor.
Think of an alien frog crossbreeding with an alien cockroach, that got a job scrubbing the outer hulls of spacecraft with his plasma mop, freeze ray, and acid tongue.

and some more pics:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to upload him.

cranlox

Splat Azurean is perfect if you likeit I can add to my blog

Cyber Burn

Upload him, please!!! I may not have anywhere to put hiim right now, but eventually, I plan on getting back into the swing of things.  :thumbup:

detourne_me

Glad you guys like him!
Still not quite as spiffy as Daglob's Marvel or Blue Falcon, though.
Here's Splat!
Feel free to put him to work in any way you want.

cranlox

daglob

daglob

Summer is over, and so is the challenge. Not much participation, but what would you expect over the summer? If you have something almost ready, please finish it and post it.

Next up is Halloween...