News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Amaterasu hex

Started by daglob, October 07, 2018, 04:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Okay, I've had this skin by Lightning Man for years. In the readme, it says it is to go on the Amaterasu hex, which I've never seen. However, in the readme there are these instructions:

To achieve the Amaterasu hex, change the value in hex address 84 from 80 to 70.

I've looked at #84 in Nifscope, but I don't see what he means. Does anyone else know?

Cyber Burn

Psst... Send it all my way...

Deaths Jester

Old hexing setup - pre Nifskope, about seven or more years ago - is what he is refering too. If only I could remeber what progs we used back then to make those changes...I'd say check the FR Archive but it doesn't go back that far.

Edit:
Closest I could find was to do a google search for "hex editors/hex editing programs" and pull up the wikhpedia one cause it has a list of hex editors.

Or you could see if MikeB7 knows or could contact REDBLACKDEATH from FXForce for you. RBD was a major hexer back before Nifskope.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Cyber Burn

I believe I have a few different Hex Editors floating around. But the one that I used was this one: http://frhed.sourceforge.net/en/

Deaths Jester

I do believe that is one of the ones we used most often back then for hexidecimal editing! Good find, CB!

daglob

One hex editor used to come with some of the meshes. I tried that one and it still makes no sense.

Deaths Jester

There's a tutorial onlind somewhere...let me look around and find it.

Though, understand, hexidecimal editing is very number heavy and nothing like meshing or skoping...completely different monster.

detourne_me

I remember WinHex used to be really good for keyframes.
I was even able to copy and paste between keyframes with it when I knew how to use it.
For the other program bundled with meshes.... I forget the name now... MeshEditor or MeshHex or something?
It had grids of values, right? Well they correspond to the different values for scaling, rotation, and location of nodes on the mesh.
I think if you had the mesh open in NifSkope, you could kind of follow along based on the values listed for location and rotation for each node.

Is this Amaterasu from Okami, the wolf? Or is it a different character?
I don't know if you would be scaling something smaller, or just changing the rotation of something slightly...

daglob

The skin is by Lightning Man. It will go on Female Straighthair, but I wondered what the "correct" mesh would look like.

Deaths Jester

It's either a resize, hide, or rotate of the piece...that's all we were ever able to do with hexi editing. I guess if LM left a pic of it, you could try to recreate it that way via Skoping. Not sure seeing as I never saw this mesh/skin. <shrugs>

daglob

The skin is at Alex's place. It goes on Female Straighthair (and probably any other Female Basic-type mesh), but I was wondering what it would look like on the "right" mesh.

Deaths Jester

From the picture LM posted on AlexFF, I'd say it's a minor height change on the body maybe.

Also here's that tutorial (well, collection of tutorials about hex editing) that I mentioned earlier...

http://www.flexhex.com/docs/howtos/hex-editing.phtml

It's pretty in-depth stuff.....

..and a Youtube vid that might be easier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmvFOpSsLmk

Deaths Jester

Okay, finally sat down and did a little digging. The line he refers to coresponds to the wobble line on female meshes and he's decreasing the size. So mostly, he's giving the mesh slightly smaller breasts, that's all. No height or such changes. Very minor tweak.

detourne_me

Now thays some quality detective work! :thumbup:

daglob

Deaths Jester

Quote from: detourne_me on October 11, 2018, 02:01:44 AM
Now thays some quality detective work! :thumbup:

More like my mind finally wrapping itself around a few words that forced it to go back into the cold storage and bring out the exact box concerning the old ways of hexing that I'd been demanding it to do all along....

Kenn

Hex address 84 is part of the value that controls the entire height of the female_straighthair mesh.   Changing it from 80 to 70 will make make the mesh only 94% the size of the normal female_longhair mesh.

The hex address to control the wobble position is 5EC1, considerably further down in the mesh.

Also, having gone to lunch with Lightning Man, in real life, in a Hooters, I can tell you that shrinking female breasts are not his thing.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

Deaths Jester

<facepalm>

I had it right the first time and second guessed myself. Guh...this is what I get for questionable memories. Thanks for the correction, Kenn!

Cyber Burn

I suppose I should put this elsewhere, but since we were talking about Hex Editors, and I've been sitting on this for a while (at least I don't think I've posted it elsewhere), there's this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_hex_editors