MAKING CHANGES IN the position of the mesh with NIFSKOPE. Some advices, please.

Started by heroidosilencio, August 24, 2018, 04:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heroidosilencio

I noticed that if we change the degrees of the bips from any character with nifskope we can make him stand anyway we want in the character screen and in the game.

But the character will only appear in that way that you saved in the nifskope if we delete the idle and melee_idle with m25keyframetransfer.
The only problem is if we delete these parts of the keyframe, we will have some movement problems in the game.

My doubt is: After saving the character in that way we want him to look in the character screen, is that any way to save that position as melee_idle or idle??
I am trying to make the character looks like this in the selection screen:
http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2015/02/daredevil---frank-miller-124667.png

Thank you for the help.

detourne_me

Using only nifskope it will take a lot of work to do. You would need to manually adjust the quarternion keys for every single node, and save and reload in ctool to see how it looks with each adjustment. Another option would be to create a blank 'idle' keyframe, but your adjustments would only work the first time it was in that position. The character in game would rest at whatever animation was last used.

Actually, that's a cool little hack that got me thinking...
It would be possible to have a 'battle damaged' version of a character that is triggered by a specific animatiin. For example 'power' that could scale down the normal mesh and scale up a damaged mesh. Theoretically it could be like the hero getting a second wind when they use a hero point.

heroidosilencio

Hello, Detourne_me. I thought about you when I wrote this question.
I thought you would be the most qualified person to solve this problem.
I saw what you did with the melee_idle with the General Grivieous. Very clever.

You said that another option would be ''to create a blank idle''..

But I don't know how to do that. How can I save a position in the nifskope as a idle or a melee_idle???

Another doubt that I have is what is the basic diference between "melee_idle" and "idle" ? When wrich one appear in the game??

detourne_me

So, the difference between idle and melee_idle is that idle only triggers if there are no enemies around. When enemies get close by, you character will always rest with the melee_idle animation.
Melee_idle is also used in the character selection screen, when the heroes are rotating around.

Without 3D Studio Max, you can't really create keyframes easily, but I think it would be possible to create an empty keyframe with nifskope.
Or, better yet, copy a melee_idle from one of Valandar's Transformer vehicle meshes. They are empty (with no animation data).
If you have an empty keyframe for melee_idle, i believe that the pose you set him in would be shown in the character selection screen.

heroidosilencio

Oh, I tried. I copied shockwave keyframe from Valandar to my daredevil, but it did not work.

Thank you anyway, Detourne_me.