News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

RIP Jon Schnepp

Started by crimsonquill, July 21, 2018, 09:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimsonquill

I'm cross posting this from my own blog but I wanted to post news of this and my personal reason for memorializing him.  :(

This week brings us the sad news of the unfortunate news of the passing of Jon Schnepp (He passed due to complications of removing clots in his heart and was in a coma for days until removed from life support). He has been one of the biggest voices in the geek community for comic/movie news (on Collider's Heroes) and producer of many things ranging from Space Ghost: Coast To Coast, Metalocalypse, Black Panther: Animated Series, and his documentary film "The Death Of Superman Lives: What Happened?" (about the lost Superman sequel by Kevin Smith and Tim Burton). He has earned the name of King Sweaty among the Nerd Community for supporting independent comics and films while being VERY open to talking with creative people about their projects. He became one of the few who I talked with about my comics and trying to create everything from the ground up. He helped me get the confidence to sit back at my art table every time I felt overwhelmed in these last few years. We may have only chatted online here and there but he always felt like one of those friends who hung out with you at the comic shop since forever. I will miss him and keep rockin' the nerd power in his honor.

"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."