Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Celebrate Freedom!

Author Topic: HELP WITH KEYFRAMES  (Read 84 times)

Offline heroidosilencio

HELP WITH KEYFRAMES
« on: September 28, 2018, 04:00:41 AM »
Could someone post a tutorial teaching how to copy and make a incompatible animation turn into a  compatible one in the  keyframes?

I mean, sometimes even after transfering parts of a keyframe with m25keyframetransfer, the animation does not appear in the game.

But, somehow, I noticed that some persons have the ability to make it work in the nifskope, I guess.

Could someone help me with that, please? Posting a tutorial or pointing me where I could find.

Offline detourne_me

• Manipulator of mental motion sickness
    • Force of Paradox!
Re: HELP WITH KEYFRAMES
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 04:36:04 AM »
I'm a bit busy at work right now, but there are two ways you can make some keyframes compatible.
Sometimes keyframes will be totally incompatible though, if you move from a female mesh to a male mesh for instance, or a basic to a heavy. sometimes they will work, sometimes they will totally distort the mesh....

Anyway,  here are two ways to help you make keyframes compatible with nifskope.

1) Make sure all of the NiNodes from Mesh 1 are on Mesh 2.
For example, if I want to put male_cape keyframes on a male_basic mesh, the male_basic mesh must include the nodes cape_top, cape_bottom_left, and cape_bottom_right.
Just copy and paste the NiNodes into the new mesh.  You might have to look through the Bip01 tree to find nodes for guns, swords, scabbards, etc.

2) Remove references to extra nodes in the keyframes.
For example, if I want to put male_cape keyframes on a male_basic mesh, just transfer the keyframes over with m25's tool. Then open the keyframe file in Nifskope.
Click on the NiController Sequence for the new animation, and look at the Block Details window.
Open the Controlled Blocks tree and find any nodes that the male_basic mesh doesn't have.
Rename the Target Name to a node that does exist, like Bip01, and rename the Controller to the same NiKeyframeController that is referenced in Bip01.
All of the NiKeyframeControllers (the animation blocks) from the previous NiNodes will move to the bottom of the keyframe file, outside of the main tree. You must delete all of these extra NiKeyframeController blocks before saving your file.

I'll try to make a better tutorial with some pics if you need help.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 04:37:55 AM by detourne_me »

Offline heroidosilencio

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 08:32:14 PM »
I didn't have sucess. I don't know what is a node in a keyframe and what is not.  :o

Could you post pictures, please?

Offline detourne_me

• Force of Paradox!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 11:41:45 PM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A mesh with a highlighted node
The keyframes showing where the controlled blocks are
A closeup of the details showing where the nodes are referred to in the idle keyframes

Offline detourne_me

• Force of Paradox!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 09:16:58 AM »
Sorry for not explaining these pics. I just posted them quickly before going out this morning.

The first picture shows a skope of Carnage Im working on. You can see the highlighted piece is listed under the NiNode 'r_axe'.
In animations where the axe is used, the keyframes will call for the node to do something. In this case, the axe scales between fullsize (1) or invisible (0).

The second and third pictures are of the keyframe file in nifskope.
You can see for each animation (idle, run, etc.) Under the Controlled Blocks list, each node of the mesh (the skeleton Bip01, and the extra pieces, like the axe or cords) is called upon to do something, like rotate or scale.

When you transfer keyframes from one mesh to another, sometimes animations dont work because the nodes do not exist in the character.nif file.

Keyframes.kf is like a recipe, the nodes in the Character.nif are like the ingredients. You can't cook if you don't have the ingredients.

So, you can either change the recipe, or add the ingredients.
Does this make sense?

Offline heroidosilencio

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 04:36:35 AM »
 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thum   I will study these images and try to make it work here and I tell you what happens then.

Thank you very much for helping me once more.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: