Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Celebrate Freedom!

Author Topic: Star Wars Resistance  (Read 55 times)

Online Shogunn2517

• He's Got Your Hero Right Here
Star Wars Resistance
« on: October 01, 2018, 04:20:28 AM »
Because... more Star Wars can never be a bad thing... https://youtu.be/Ae2Cxy8sswk

Since the show is set to debut next week, what we know can be considered spoilers, but nothing outside of what's seen in the trailer is known for sure.

But what is known, it takes place six months before Episode VII. Gwendolyn Christie(Phasma) and Oscar Isaacs(Poe Dameron) will be reprising their roles. A few other notables will have roles, Bobby Moynihan(SNL), Donald Faison(Scrubs), Elijah Wood(LotR: trilogy). The main character plays a starfighter pilot named Kazuda Xiono, who with other pilots compete in races, but is recruited by the Resistance to be a spy.

That's about it.

My early impressions and thoughts(hopes really), the previous two shows were a bit hit and miss at times.  Of course they're all Disney shows so they're clearly geared towards a younger audience, particularly with the main characters, Ezra and Ahsoka. They're pretty much avatars for the audience and it looks like that's where they're headed with this character. However where these shows really hit their stride is by dwelving into the conflicts with where each series is set. When they really got into the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War. That's where they got really good.  Frankly, they have a massive canvas to play with in this part of the timeline and can take this in a familiar direction that will be well received by older fans and newer ones.

But they can just as easily blow it too.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 04:26:05 AM by Shogunn2517 »

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
  • May the Porg be with you.
Re: Star Wars Resistance
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 07:48:01 AM »
I'm not super stoked for Resistance. I'll watch it, and there's a good chance it'll pick up momentum for me as it goes, as Clone Wars and Rebels did, but I'm quite as excited for this one. I think it's a combination of the art style, the focus on starfighter pilots, and the fact we got a closure for a fair number of things by Rebels' end compared to Clone Wars premature....hiatus?  Then again, I remember not being excited about Rebels starting point and being more interested in "when are we going to see Ahsoka? When are we going to see Darth Maul? Will Hondo show up?" ect. But on the other hand, I think Rebels benefited from a solidified central cast, something Clone Wars kinda lacked, and this show looks like it has that part handled. And I do trust Filoni to a degree after all these years since he does seem to have a fondness and reverence for the rest history of Star Wars, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'd laugh if the show made better use of Captain Phasma than the actual films. Hmm, you never know...
"I just love doing cameos!"
~Stan Lee, 1922-2018

Offline crimsonquill

• Sound Master
  • One Voice To Rule Them All
    • CrimsonQuill Productions
Re: Star Wars Resistance
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 03:28:00 PM »
I have hope for the show that's for sure. Plus I'm happy Star Wars: The Clone Wars is getting a wrap-up to it's own series after getting cancelled.

Oh, Being a gamer and burned so many times on frustrating video games.. If they make a Star Wars Resistance tie-in game with a constant goal to fly through endless rings I'm going to cringe like crazy. Stop making these bad game tropes part of these shows you are just encouraging these game makers to keep doing this!

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."