Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Celebrate Freedom!

Author Topic: Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse  (Read 180 times)

Offline catwhowalksbyhimself

• Lord of Procrastination
    • Freedom Force Forever
Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
« on: October 06, 2018, 09:17:25 PM »
Don't recall seeing this mentioned elsewhere, so here we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg52up16eq0

Seriously, though, this looks like a lot of fun!  We're actually getting Spider-Ham into a big-screen film.  It's completely different form anything they are likely to do in live action and that just makes this better.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Offline Shogunn2517

• He's Got Your Hero Right Here
Re: Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 11:02:21 PM »
I heard they based Peter Parker on Raimi's Spider-Man but anyone know how close to Canon this is?

• Freedom Force Forever
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 03:35:48 AM »
I heard they based Peter Parker on Raimi's Spider-Man but anyone know how close to Canon this is?

Not certain, but most of the scenes they show of his past adventures are straight out copies of scenes from those movies.

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 05:39:39 AM »
Haha, that looks absolutely delightful!  I'm definitely interested. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey/
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey2

Offline UnkoMan

• Gummy Hand of Justice
  • Evil is afoot! No, the whole leg!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 06:34:51 AM »
At first I wasn't sure about this art, but seeing this trailer brought me around to it.
I'm assuming the choppiness is a youtube problem.

Looks pretty fun though. I am digging an older, greying Peter.

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
  • May the Porg be with you.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 06:50:02 AM »
He might be influenced on Raimi's Peter but he has mechanical web shooters which that version of Spider-Man did not. So unless that changed at some point in the timeline it's not literally that version of the character.

Movie looks fun enough. One part that sorta bugs me is they make Peter Parker pathetic in this. He's shlubby and out of shape looking, he tries to stick Miles with the check at the diner, he comes off as kind of a loser, which I think is a shame, because I like the idea of Peter as a mentor as Miles, but maybe a version of Pete that has his act together more (man, the non-ruined version of Spider-Girl feels like such a long time ago). I don't even remember the teenage versions of Spider-Man from the last two cartoon shows coming off this bad. It's especially disappointing considering the new (very good) Spider-Man video game that just came out, which featured a 20 + Peter (and teenage Miles) whose interactions with Miles never once came at Pete's expense.
"I just love doing cameos!"
~Stan Lee, 1922-2018

• Freedom Force Forever
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 03:09:47 PM »
Movie looks fun enough. One part that sorta bugs me is they make Peter Parker pathetic in this. He's shlubby and out of shape looking, he tries to stick Miles with the check at the diner,

Did you take a look at said check?  It was 30,000 dollars for that meal.  Miles has epic inflation in his universe, so of course Peter can't pay for that kind of bill.

And he doesn't look at all out of shape to me.  Older, but not out of shape.

I'm assuming the choppiness is a youtube problem.

Nope, chopiness is deliberate. They turned down the framerate, so it would look more like individual comic panels being animated.

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
  • May the Porg be with you.
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 11:31:29 AM »

Did you take a look at said check?  It was 30,000 dollars for that meal.  Miles has epic inflation in his universe, so of course Peter can't pay for that kind of bill.

Assuming you're not being serious about that epic inflation thing, I like to think that the next thing that happens is Miles and Peter have to scrub toilets to make up for not being able to pay, like in The Mighty Ducks 3.
"I just love doing cameos!"
~Stan Lee, 1922-2018

• Freedom Force Forever
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 10:10:13 PM »

Assuming you're not being serious about that epic inflation thing, I like to think that the next thing that happens is Miles and Peter have to scrub toilets to make up for not being able to pay, like in The Mighty Ducks 3.

I AM being serious.  Someone took a look at the screenshot of that bill.  It does indeed add up to 30,000 dollars for a couple of burger and fry meals.

Offline UnkoMan

• Gummy Hand of Justice
  • Evil is afoot! No, the whole leg!
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 11:38:08 PM »
Screenshotted
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's a shame about that framerate. Well, I'll save criticism for final viewing.
The movie itself looks fun though.