News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Agent of the Bat

Started by Helix, October 14, 2018, 08:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

I was wondering if someone could assemble these pieces for me: Grenadier's Batman mesh (body and cape only) + INK's Joseph hair -OR- Renegade's Sentry hair  + Renegade's Power Ring II's armbands? This would be for FF1. Thank you!

Helix

daglob

Helix

This is why I need a mesh with long hair and armbands.

daglob

Well, when I needed some scopes, I learned how to make them. I had a 1-20 success to failure rate at first, but that has improved. I'm nowhere near the level of Sioux City Dynamo, Johnny Patches, Cyber Burn, Sick Alice, or Windblown, but I can get by on the simple stuff. It's a skill that is worth developing.

If you run into trouble, you can also ask for help. Most everybody has played with Nifscope a little, and, while the experts may not be around much, us amateurs have probably run into your problem more recently then they have.

Deaths Jester

If it weren't for the FF1 requirement, I'd be able to hammer that skope out in no time.  Unhappily all my stuff has already been converted over to FFVTTR.....sorry.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Helix

Dag - I can move an object from one mesh to another just fine in Nifskope...and even position it. I just can't make it show up in the character tool. I believe it has something to do with the textures (?).

daglob

You do, of course, have to copy the appropriate textures into the character's skin file. The biggest problem you run into is when the character already has, for example, an "extra" file. Then I usually use Blender to rename the name to something like "extras2".

Then there is a problem I had that I have never been able to figure out. For awhile I could transplant pieces and they looked fine in Nifscope, but didn't show in CTool or the game. I checked to be sure they weren't hidden or alpha-ed out and I had the whole things set to "Show All". There are sliders in one of the blocks that will "disappear" stuff, but that wasn't it. I asked for help and that is how I made the acquaintance of Cyber Burn. When he transplanted the parts they showed up just fine.

Eventually, whatever the problem was corrected itself. I still don't know how to solve it, and if it ever comes back I'm out of luck.

Anyway, send your stuff to lonespaceranger@gmail.com. While my time is not always my own, and the status is subject to change without warning, I'll try and get something done this afternoon.

daglob

Tried it on my own. Do you have a second choice on those bracers? They aren't really the right size for Batman's arms, and after cutting them apart (they are linked together, basically the two of them are one piece) they don't want to go into place.

Deaths Jester

Might I suggest you take a look at Tommyboy's Azrael for possible bracers? Just an idea...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Helix

DJ - The bracers on Azrael_t are the right shape for that Azrael costume, but not the one I'm working on.

Dag - Perhaps the bracers from Johnny Patches' Stryfe (available on Alex's Freedom Fortress)?

daglob

I'll look. I had another crazy idea I might try first.

Ah well, the crazy idea was to export them as .obj files and import them into the scope. It only kind of worked. However, Stryfe's gauntlets did work.

Cyber Burn

If you're interested, I need to let off a little steam. If you send me what you have, along with a reference pic, I'll take a look at it.

Helix

Cyber - Not sure if you were talking to me or Dag. I don't have anything. I just skinned Batman_Gren with some bat pieces removed.

Cyber Burn

Give this one a try. Had some trouble working in my FF1 folder, I finished the Skope and then reopened it, and none of my changes had taken effect. Really weird. Had to start over and do all the work in my "My Documents" folder, but it seems to have worked.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2fst2t48bnh3r56/Agent_of_the_Bat_FF1.7z/file

Helix

Cyber - It's freaking beautiful.

Helix

I'm working on modifying the skin for the awesome new mesh that Cyber Burn made for me. I'll post pics soon.

Helix

Still working on the bracers...

MikeB7