News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Animating textures-What the?

Started by daglob, November 17, 2018, 06:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

I seem to have lost this tutorial, and I don't see it at FF Resource. Does someone know where it is?

daglob

daglob

That is not it, I'm afraid. I know I had it, but my HD crashed awhile back, and apparently it is lost.

AH! I may have found it at The Greylands.

daglob

Okay, so it's been too long. I can't get the textures to animate. Would somebody please set a small animation on a mesh for me?

daglob

I found the one by White Night (but will check Conduit's). Three tries and no success. :angry:

daglob

I still can't find it. One problem is that the source texture for the original is nowhere near the editable mesh. I had thought I could kind of "fly blind", and that a lot of the stuff would line up automatically (which it does). Maybe I'll copy a version that has the correct texture reference.

daglob

DJ: I appreciate your help; 9th time was the charm.

spydermann93

Hey, the 9th time is the 3rd third time. So in a way, the 3rd time is still the charm :P

daglob

Yeah, well I can't get it to work in FFv3R now.  :banghead:

daglob

Now what? The effect shows in Nifscope, but not in CTool. Any ideas?

daglob

Yes, thanks to DJ's help, I now have a Santa 7 posted in the Christmas Challenge.

SickAlice

Nice to see you all as well. Not really on fulltime though, not much of anywhere. Life is busy lately. I'll try and devote some quality time here though during the holidays. I hope of course all of you and yours are finding the best of days and if not that it gets there.

BentonGrey

SA, great to see you back, man!  I hope you're well!  :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

Thanks Benton, same to you. Er...it's been a hard year and I have my work cut out for me in the next. Hoping to get a little rest in the holiday season though.