News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Combining shapes in Nifscope... AGAIN?

Started by daglob, November 19, 2018, 06:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

What I need is a step-by-step explanation on how to do this. I know I have asked before, but somehow I keep missing something. What I have is a Spiderman mesh that I need to put shoulder rings on. Usually, I just hook the rings to the clavicle, and they move around a little but it almost looks natural. On this, the rings swoop around the shoulders whenever the spider-guy swings. I'm wondering if making them part of the male basic mesh will solve the problem.

This is for Zee Fearless Tarantula, a character whose entire comic book career consists of a single panel in a Jerry Lewis comic. And I'm doing Jerry as the same character... at least in his mind.

detourne_me

Are they shoulder rings from Tommyboy?
If I recall corectly, most of his newer meshes have parts that are rigged to specific nodes. (You can tell if they have a NiSkinInstance).
The other way to attach pieces in Nifskope is to paste them directly on the node (with no NiSkinInstance).
Im not sure offhand which one moves around more, but I assume it would be the rigged piece, especially if you had to move it a bit after pasting it.
For example, rigged pieces have their location information based on the zero point (the center of the red and green lines in nifskope), while an unrigged piece has a location based on the node it's attached to.

So... what I think would work well, is taking whichever mesh piece you want, open up the branch and delete the NiSkin Instance. It will probably move into a weird position. Then right click Edit>Transform and set its location and rotation to 0 before pasting it into the new mesh at the UpperArm node. Then you could rotate it and set it in place.

detourne_me

Oh crud. I just reread your question.
Im not sure my previous response was of any help.

daglob