Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy Holidays!

Author Topic: Marvel Ultimate Alliance... 3  (Read 201 times)

Offline Tomato

• The Original AA
  • Titans
  • Hufflepuff Pride
    • Hero Force

Offline Incredible Bulk

• Sith Lord
Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance... 3
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 03:21:23 AM »
Does not looks as good as the 2nd one and only in the switch? That sucks jimmies
Sith Prime

Offline Tomato

• The Original AA
  • Titans
  • Hufflepuff Pride
    • Hero Force
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 03:50:20 AM »
I mean, the switch lends itself better to multiplayer in-person games (since it has a variety of controller options and you can play most games 2 player even with just the included joycons) so I'm not THAT bothered by it.

As for the visual style... I could not disagree with you more. MUA2's visual style was AWFUL, a definite step back even compared to how low-poly MUA 1 was, with most of the outfits being an over designed mess of pointless design details and an overall aesthetic that was hell bent on bleaching these larger than life heroes of all their color which often made it hard to see many of these characters while playing. MUA3, by contrast, is clean, colorful, and embraces the comic nature of the characters it's adapting. The style is very reminiscent of the Marvel V Capcom series in that way, and that isn't a bad thing.

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 05:28:59 AM »
Yeah, I'm with you 100% on the look of it, 'Mato.  This look SO much better it isn't even funny.  I think they could go with a less exaggerated cartoon-iness for some characters, but other than that, it looks great.

I think it is a shame that it's only on the Switch.  I guess I won't be playing it.  :(
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey/
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey2

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
  • May the Porg be with you.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 01:26:19 PM »
Only just now got around to checking out the trailer. Looks pretty cool. I do agree about the aesthetics of this versus the second game. As for the Switch. Well, count me among the lucky ones who has the system, so  I may very well get it in the future.
"I just love doing cameos!"
~Stan Lee, 1922-2018