News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel Ultimate Alliance... 3

Started by Tomato, December 07, 2018, 02:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Incredible Bulk

Does not looks as good as the 2nd one and only in the switch? That sucks jimmies
Sith Prime

Tomato

I mean, the switch lends itself better to multiplayer in-person games (since it has a variety of controller options and you can play most games 2 player even with just the included joycons) so I'm not THAT bothered by it.

As for the visual style... I could not disagree with you more. MUA2's visual style was AWFUL, a definite step back even compared to how low-poly MUA 1 was, with most of the outfits being an over designed mess of pointless design details and an overall aesthetic that was hell bent on bleaching these larger than life heroes of all their color which often made it hard to see many of these characters while playing. MUA3, by contrast, is clean, colorful, and embraces the comic nature of the characters it's adapting. The style is very reminiscent of the Marvel V Capcom series in that way, and that isn't a bad thing.

BentonGrey

Yeah, I'm with you 100% on the look of it, 'Mato.  This look SO much better it isn't even funny.  I think they could go with a less exaggerated cartoon-iness for some characters, but other than that, it looks great.

I think it is a shame that it's only on the Switch.  I guess I won't be playing it.  :(
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Silver Shocker

Only just now got around to checking out the trailer. Looks pretty cool. I do agree about the aesthetics of this versus the second game. As for the Switch. Well, count me among the lucky ones who has the system, so  I may very well get it in the future.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

SickAlice

I'm in the Switch boat here but, I'm planning on getting one. Too many ideal games on that system and interesting tech. I'm also a licensed developer for Nintendo now and all I have is a Wii which is of course defunct. The game I'm not too excited about. I'm sure it will be decent but it's a cash in frankly. I think most games are pretty much going to be in the wind once Square begins dropping titles anyways and am hesitant about investing in them. That's a strange thing to say as a retro gamer BTW...investing in games. Remember when it wasn't like that? Investing in a game was whether you were going to invest several hours trying to complete Strider for Sega Genesis lol.

Silver Shocker

That's cool that you work in game development working on stuff for Nintendo.

QuoteInvesting in a game was whether you were going to invest several hours trying to complete Strider for Sega Genesis lol.

Man, I gotta play more Strider one of these days.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

SickAlice

When I was little, waving hand by my kneecaps, I recorded myself playing it with a microphone then put on headphones while I slept because I thought it would make me better equipped to beat the game somehow, like subconsciously. Oh and if it goes without saying I probably won't included more Nintendo conversions in my next releases. I know people like those but I'm pretty sure that's a contract violation for me to do that. Well right now anyways, I'll have to look into it I suppose but I don't want to risk my dev license.

detourne_me

I've got it too. I feel like I want to complete the story before doing coop, but I guess you can choose which missions to play for coop, right?

detourne_me

hehehe.
I hear ya!
I don't have much time to play games these days, so the Switch is pretty good to just pick up and play some MUA or Bloodstained for 20minutes or so.

videogamersadvocate

Now that the game has been out for about a year and all the DLC has been released, what do you all think of the game? I think it was a nice addition to Ultimate Alliance series and felt they had a lot of good characters on the roster. Overall I would give the game about a 7 out of 10 while also saying that it is a cool addition to anyone's Switch library. If you like extreme grinding, this game can be something you'll play for a while just to unlock everything. But for me, I find that the lack of customization in regards to being able to create your own skirmishes and simulations makes the game repetitive after a while.

spydermann93

Saaame. I'd love to just set up little scenarios to fight various villains and whatever, but honestly, the game's fun enough.

I still ended up preferring the original one, but at least this game is kind of tougher? There were some bosses that gave me close calls, but none that were impossible.

Although, playing through Mighty without buying skills on that Infinity Grid or whatever made the game muuuuucch tougher. The Dr Strange fight was pure mayhem and carnage, lmao.

Silver Shocker

I still want to pick the game up at some point and play through it. Especially with the steady drip of free character DLC that was coming out. I'll most likely get it if it ever goes on sale.
~Rocky Balboa

videogamersadvocate

Silver Shocker, probably the best time for you to buy Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 would be during the holiday season. It would likely be on sale for probably the biggest discount of the year. I recommend it and I feel the game has a decent roster.