Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy Holidays!

Author Topic: A Superman Storyline  (Read 155 times)

Offline Tomato

• The Original AA
  • Titans
  • Hufflepuff Pride
    • Hero Force
A Superman Storyline
« on: December 10, 2018, 06:08:13 AM »
So recently Benton asked me to go through some of his DCUG stuff via discord chat, and it helped unearth a... storyline, for lack of a better word, that'd built up in my head some years ago that, while I don't necessarily have the time to make a mod campaign for, I did still want to share a summary of it with ya'll.

I should note that, when I conceptualized this storyline, it was with the idea that it'd be in a comic book, and that the pieces of it were intended to be spread out over a long period of time, with other stories happening throughout. There's a few reasons that's important, but I'll try to go into them as I go.

The overall narrative begins with yet another run in with Superman's most malicious menace, Metallo. He'd been able to steal some Lexcorp tech that enhanced his kryptonite powers, but in the end Superman was able to overcome him and thwart his latest attempt at revenge.

Later on though, when Clark Kent returns to the daily planet offices, he's suddenly hit with a wave of weakness... Kryptonite!?! At the Daily Planet!?! Several other Planet reporters look on with concern (including Lois Lane, who in my mind already knows his identity) but the wave seems to pass as quickly as it came, and a scan with his X-ray vision reveals to Superman that there isn't any kryptonite nearby, at least none with enough size and radioactivity to cause that level of reaction.

Over the next year or so of stories, that event and the overall storyline would get put on the backburner. Clark occasionally feels a bit weak at work (more a general soreness than the wave that hit him after the metallo fight), but when Lois asks him about it he reiterates that his x-ray scans show no kryptonite hidden in the offices. At the same time, interspersed in the background noise of the office is a few new names, including a "Henry" that seems to be a reporter of some kind.

Things come back around when, after yet another bout of weakness, Clark decides to ask for a favor. He convinces Batman help him to do a full sweep of the planet offices. There's still no sign of Kryptonite, but there ARE residuals of kryptonite radiation around the office. However, those traces are super faint and are not really concentrated in a way that indicates kryptonite was hidden somewhere in the planet offices. Bruce speculates that, since the tech Metallo used to enhance his abilities was stolen from Lexcorp, Metallo could have implemented a Lexcorp prototype that wasn't yet fully functional, and Clark's just been dealing with residual energy after shaking whatever it was loose at the planet. Batman agrees to look into it, but it's left unresolved for the moment.

And... I think I'll leave it here for now. As I said, the story is intended to be a bit of a slow build anyway, and I have work tomorrow. Let me know what you think so far, and feel free to speculate where it's going.

Offline docdelorean88

• "If your gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style!"
Re: A Superman Storyline
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 11:51:45 PM »
Don't know why it took me so long to see this but I am very very intrigued!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"