Main Menu

Private army

Started by Incredible Bulk, December 13, 2018, 05:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incredible Bulk

Hey guys i keep getting an error with private army attribute dont know why
Sith Prime

BentonGrey

What's the error?  Have you run the Control Center?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Incredible Bulk

yes run control center here i a pic
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

BentonGrey

And you've checked the CC's customizations for that character?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: BentonGrey on December 13, 2018, 06:54:32 AM
And you've checked the CC's customizations for that character?
you mean via control center? Yes
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

I noticed than build in character Pan in rumble room his private army attr wont work as well
Sith Prime

oktokels

I have the same error with that attribute, haven't managed to fix it yet

BentonGrey

Okay, so, some followup questions.

Are you running the game through the latest version of FFX, or are you running a different mod?

What version of Windows and what version of the game do you have?
God Bless

Incredible Bulk

I am playing  :ffvstr:  On windows 10  And it's the latest version of FFX3  So It believe it's 3.3
Sith Prime

BentonGrey

K, good, and is it Steam, CD, or GOG version of the game?

You're launching the game THROUGH your FFX3 mod folder, from the shortcut inside?
God Bless

Incredible Bulk

Steam  And I am launching the game from FFX shortcut
Sith Prime

BentonGrey

Okay, good.  When asking technical questions, it helps to provide this type of info.

So, first thought, try running FF in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP 3 or 2.  If you still have trouble, try running Steam ITSELF in the same mode.  I don't know that this will solve the problem, but I know that I had a much smoother FF experience when I did this.
God Bless

Incredible Bulk

How do u change that? To windows xp?
Sith Prime

BentonGrey

It's very simple.  Right-click on the shortcut, click "Properties", and go to the 'Compatibility' tab.  There, check the 'run in compatibility mode' box, select Windows XP SP 2 (to start with), and also check 'run as admin.'
  Click okay, and try it out.  You can try different versions to see what works best.
God Bless

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Unfortunately it didn't work for either build in Pan or my custom character.  I wonder if the at tribute itself is corrupted or not written correcly but dont know how should be
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

All here's a bit of information that might be helpful I tried using private army with Benton's Marvel mod and guess what it works there.  But I also get a message that pops on the screen that doesn't pop up on mine its says FFX_Tiggot.  I have no idea what that means
Sith Prime

BentonGrey

Ahh, darn it.  I was hoping that might do the trick.

Well, this does seem to indicate a deeper problem.  So, this is a new install of FFX?  You haven't previously had PA working? 

And it's working in my MA mod, hmm?  What exactly is the tiggot message and where does it show up?

That indicates a difference, but I don't know what it is.  I might try re-downloading a fresh copy of FFX and deleting the existing one and reinstalling.
God Bless

Incredible Bulk

Yes  It works fine with your mod is a matter of fact since it works so good I was thinking of just making that my new playable version.  Since all my custom characters seem to be also showing up on their. The FFX Tiggot message  Appears in the very beginning of the game when a source listing all the attributes the character has
Sith Prime

oktokels

Quote from: Incredible Bulk on December 14, 2018, 04:48:55 PM
Yes  It works fine with your mod is a matter of fact since it works so good I was thinking of just making that my new playable version.  Since all my custom characters seem to be also showing up on their. The FFX Tiggot message  Appears in the very beginning of the game when a source listing all the attributes the character has

Hey I. Bulk, do you have a custom character with the "healing" special stat swap? does it work in your original FFX (not mod)?

Incredible Bulk

I dont  But I figure out what the problem was but I don't know how to fix it a has to do with the maps unfortunately or something that comes with the map.  For example everything works perfectly fine and Benton's Marvel mod but as soon as i added a new map some of the attri stop working
Sith Prime

oktokels

OK, i found something about the private army attribute...
You have to open FFXCUSTOM.PY, located in \Missions\Scripts, and search there for this line:

QuoteFFX_PRIVATEARMY_CUSTOM=[

There you have to make sure that the lines below go like this:

Quote["default","cop","","","","",""],
["types","UMinion","UMinion2","UMinion3","UMinion4","UMinion5","UMinion6"],

And NOT like this:

Quote["default","cop","",""],
["types","UMinion","UMinion2","UMinion3"],

I just found this by checking the differences between the original ffxcustom.py and my actual ffxcustom.py. There should be six spaces for minions and not three. Haven't tried myself yet, but this is a big difference that should be the origin of the problem. I will try it later and tell you if it fixes it.

:thumbup:

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: oktokels on December 17, 2018, 01:15:03 PM
OK, i found something about the private army attribute...
You have to open FFXCUSTOM.PY, located in \Missions\Scripts, and search there for this line:

QuoteFFX_PRIVATEARMY_CUSTOM=[

There you have to make sure that the lines below go like this:

Quote["default","cop","","","","",""],
["types","UMinion","UMinion2","UMinion3","UMinion4","UMinion5","UMinion6"],

And NOT like this:

Quote["default","cop","",""],
["types","UMinion","UMinion2","UMinion3"],

I just found this by checking the differences between the original ffxcustom.py and my actual ffxcustom.py. There should be six spaces for minions and not three. Haven't tried myself yet, but this is a big difference that should be the origin of the problem. I will try it later and tell you if it fixes it.

:thumbup:
that does seem to be the issue and it worked the first time but once i log off the game it reverts back to the 3 minions
Sith Prime