New Star Wars Web Series: "Galaxy of Adventures"

Started by Silver Shocker, December 04, 2018, 07:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Shocker

So Disney/Star Wars has put out an new web series. They previously did any earlier series featuring various Star Wars stars, many voiced by the real actors, including ones featuring Mark Hamill voicing OT-era Luke, but now they're doing something else.

It looks visually similar to those new Star Wars Adventures aimed at kids. Fun cartoony art style, sure why not. Then I read the description: It's new animation featuring the main characters, entirely using archives audio from the movies.

Um, wow, that's disappointing. It's an Youtube mashup, but it's the official product. And look at this trailer. The animation actually looks kinda neat, but it's paired with tinny, dated-sounding audio of Alec Guiness as Obi-Wan and the other OT characters. Who thought this was a good idea?  This animation could have better used for new stories instead of stuff we've all seen before.

Disappointed in Disney with this. Disney has said this is meant to be part of a new wave of Star Wars content meant to get people psyched up for Episode 9. If Disney thought this would win back the fans with Star Wars and put it back on the right track, I think it's a misfire. And it's just aimed at kids who won't be picky, I think the dated audio would be a turn off.

I think Disney should stick to bringing back the Clone Wars.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa