Need some help "Out of main memory"

Started by X-Man, January 06, 2019, 02:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-Man

So this issues has been creeping up on me a bit.. did a lot of research and pretty much only came up with not have so many hero files. I've always managed to avoid it too badly but now it's all i'm getting. Just updated my o.s to windows 10 finally from 8.1 and loaded once, was extremely choppy gave me that error..and now just repeats.. unsure what to do...

daglob

I have to say I feel for you. I can no longer run either game because of insufficient memory.

Windows X has some programs that you "have" to have, and Microsoft has it fixed so that they do not show up in Taskmanager. I discovered them because  they weren't closing when I shut down the computer and was being asked if I wanted to close them manually. When I went back, I couldn't find them in Taskmanager, so I looked them up. MS requires that you have them, so they have it fixed so you can't "kill" them.

Makes me wonder what those programs REALLY do.

So, the only real solution I know if is more memory.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

daglob

At this point, I don't remember; they have begun to close along with the computer, and I have forgotten. I wrote it down, and the paper might be around here someplace...

oktokels

i read somewhere that could be a problem with fx.dat

In fact i had the same problem (out of memory msg) and by replacing fx.dat with a tweaked one, the problem was solved....but i cant remember where i read that.

but im no expert by any fact, so dont take me for granted  :D

Cyber Burn

I had an issue with memory in the past with loading Hero Files because I had such a huge amount of custom characters for FFVT3R. I was actually to the point that I was going to just start deleting Skins and Meshes. Then I started using multiple "characters" folders and that pretty much solved the majority of my memory issues.

daglob

At one point a couple of computers back I found that around 1600 characters was all I could have. So I created another directory and put a lot of the little used meshes in it, and did something similar for the hero files. While this worked on that computer, I've tried something similar with this one and it didn't do any good.

Cyber Burn

I used to have multiple libraries as well, but that was on my desktop pc. However, since I had uninstalled everything, when I reinstalled things, I haven't been able to get the multiple libraries to work.

spydermann93

Quote from: daglob on January 07, 2019, 06:21:47 PM
At one point a couple of computers back I found that around 1600 characters was all I could have. So I created another directory and put a lot of the little used meshes in it, and did something similar for the hero files. While this worked on that computer, I've tried something similar with this one and it didn't do any good.

1600 character meshes or hero files?

I have over 3000 in my primary library (not counting mods) and I haven't had an issue with FFvtTR.

I redo my hero files so often that I cannot remember what max I had, lol

daglob

Quote from: spydermann93 on January 07, 2019, 11:09:35 PM
Quote from: daglob on January 07, 2019, 06:21:47 PM

1600 character meshes or hero files?

I have over 3000 in my primary library (not counting mods) and I haven't had an issue with FFvtTR.

I redo my hero files so often that I cannot remember what max I had, lol

Um... 10500 FF1, 9600 3R. Of course, it doesn't help that I can create my own... and I'm a content hog...

spydermann93

Ah, so you were referring to Hero Files, then?

I just wasn't clear on what you were talking about

daglob

I mean both characters and hero files. I think that the game loads everything into the memory, but I can't run the game and be sure.

X-Man

Removing my hero files and just putting in my critical ones seems to let the game run..not sure why 8.1 had little issues but x is crashing/lagging horribly with the same amount.  Wondering if there's something other way to help with this issue. I noticed that when i have all my meshes load my memory usage is around 1,500mb but with just critical and one for testing it's around 600 (i have 32gigs) and runs fine. Removing hero files doesn't seem like a good alternative tho. =/.  About to look into seeing if increasing my virtual memory will help out at all.