Mardi Gras Challenge 2019-Folly has chased Death and it's all over...

Started by daglob, February 05, 2019, 11:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Yep, Fat Tuesday is approaching fast, so it's time for The Mardi Gras Challenge. Dress up your favorite character or your avatar in green, gold, and purple, come up with a Mardi Gras themed character or bit of art, maybe do something a little crazy.

The rules are, as usual:

Deadline is Ash Wednesday (March 6, 2019)

Post a pic here so we can see it and compliment it

Have fun

So, to get us started, here is a Mardi Gras Robin to go with the Mardi Gras Batman:

daglob

Okay, so it's only a coincidence that Max here is done in green, gold and purple. Still, she would be great at Mardi Gras.

daglob

The first parade has hit the streets! To celebrate, here is The Conde Cavalier, mascot of the mystic society The Conde Cavaliers (of course).

daglob

Who knew?

I was making Rama Tut into a mascot for The Order of Pharaohs, and stopped to look at it after I was finished with the Male Basic texture. This is what I got:

I'm thinking I don't really need to do anything else.

daglob

The Polka-Dot Pirate has been on my list for years, and making her the base for a skin to represent The Polka-Dots (their parade is tomorrow night) seemed like as good and excuse as any..

Cyber Burn

I'm really glad you keep these threads going 'Glob, they're always fun to watch.

This is just a simple re-color, but I wanted to at least do something.

daglob

That's all this is:

The Order of Inca are rolling on the streets of Mobile. I know Quetz isn't Inca, but the outfits I saw for them aren't nearly as flashy.

daglob

I meant to have this done well before now:

Tonight was the parade of the Maids of Mirth, whose emblem usually involves a strong woman. In  the past, Diana here has been highlighted in their parades.

daglob

I wanted to post this last night, when the Order of Many Faces had their parade.

daglob

This is a re-run:

Tonight's parade is The Mystic Stripers, whose twin mascots are a tiger and a zebra, so here are the Golden Age heroes The Purple Tigress and The Zebra.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: daglob on February 27, 2019, 03:21:17 AM
I wanted to post this last night, when the Order of Many Faces had their parade.

What mesh is that?  It looks like a modified Timelord.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

daglob

It's Man-E-Faces. It's one of Fusion's Masters of the Universe meshes. His face switches between three different appearances, but I couldn't get an animated .gif to work.

Oh, and your Inbox is full.

daglob

I'm sorry folks; I just haven't been able to keep this one going. so, it's all over 'til next year.