Help with installing FF editor for Freedom Force

Started by Red Fisser, April 17, 2019, 02:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Fisser

I am installing for the first time  :ff: , and its the gog version. I am following Alex's steps of installation but I am a bit stuck with the installation of FFeditor which "thinks" I didnt install  :ff: in my old laptop.(which of course I have)
I ve tried finding answers from google, in here and on the archives but couldnt find something yet.
If somebody knows, please help?

Red Fisser

So, I did try to create the reg file, but that didnt help. Also my FF(gog) worked fine, without a need for a patch or anything, but just in case, I tried patching only to find that the patch ignored that I had ff installed too  :wacko:

spydermann93

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to handle this.

You can try to install in to "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force" (that's the default directory) and see if it will detect the game there.

Or you could try "C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich"

Red Fisser

Quote from: spydermann93 on April 18, 2019, 10:31:59 PM
Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to handle this.

You can try to install in to "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force" (that's the default directory) and see if it will detect the game there.

I tried that but still the editor says I dont have  :ff: installed  :banghead:
I never had a problem with  :ffvstr: gog while installing its editor such as this.

Red Fisser

I dont know if the reg file is supposed to have a certain name to work?
Other than that, I followed the instructions(of Abenavides I think) exactly.